Thread Rating:
Jonathon Greening
OK so I'm posting ANOTHER link from ANOTHER paper; this is a really great article about JG who is apparently about to retire.
What a man! Obviously loved the club - would be great to see him back in some capacity; I'd imagine he'll do very well the other side of the touchline too Thumb up Big Grin

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/fo...no-7757806
Stairs likes this post
There's a guy whose commitment could never ever be questioned, publicly admitted leaving the club was his biggest mistake but gave us six years of total commitment in the same vein as Big Dave. So down-to-earth too for all his money
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
Shows how far we have come when Greening wouldn't even make the bench now, and we are still fighting relegation... makes you wonder how the hell we stayed up that great escape season because the squad was worse than poor.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
(12-09-2014, 16:01)wba_1996 Wrote: Shows how far we have come when Greening wouldn't even make the bench now, and we are still fighting relegation... makes you wonder how the hell we stayed up that great escape season because the squad was worse than poor.

"...we are still fighting relegation" ?? Huh
(12-09-2014, 19:05)drewks Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 16:01)wba_1996 Wrote: Shows how far we have come when Greening wouldn't even make the bench now, and we are still fighting relegation... makes you wonder how the hell we stayed up that great escape season because the squad was worse than poor.

"...we are still fighting relegation" ?? Huh

We are aren't we? 17th last season and currently in the relegation zone? We were fighting against relegation(and losing) during Greenings time here. My point was that we have taken massive strides in terms of the quality of the squad to the point that an in-form Greening wouldn't get on our bench and we are still fighting against relegation(albeit winning the battle for the last 4 seasons), showing that it was almost a miracle that we stayed up with a squad in which Greening was our star player.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »