Thread Rating:
Terriers v Tiggers - Sunday lunchtime special
I was wondering what secret weapons they were bringing off the bench when they threw 3 on at once, but it quickly transpired they we're no better than the lads they replaced. They did work a free shot for the league's top scorer eventually, but I'm guessing they have the rugby posts up when they play at home.

There were a few Tigers fans on the 15:05 train back thru Halifax to L666s. They moaned about a couple of their players for about 5 minutes, but we're mostly subdued compared to the foghorns that got off going the other way at 10:30.

Good to see L666s play to normal form too. Laugh
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Not the greatest game I've ever seen but the 3 points are most welcome.

That OG player is becoming prolific for us at the top end of the pitch.

First half very drab, second half better. Hull were a poor team that even when gifted the best opportunity in the first half they couldn't take it.

Anyway it's Monday and so far it's been productive. I've booked another England away day(s) and best of all old Fat Head has been given the sack by the Baggies....If Carlsberg did Monday's then I reckon this is as good as it gets Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
SHEP_HTAFC and theo_luddite like this post
Helik got man of the match. Can't argue with that, though Lees would've been second I reckon. They just soaked up everything that Hull had, apart from that injury time chance. They were just firing from miles out and getting nowhere near. Yuta looked solid as well.

Hopefully Jackson will get a good run in the side now, he's looking better all the time. Camara gave the ball away a couple of times in the first half, but responded well to his half time bollocking. Good that Fothers came out and told us about that afterwards. I like his honesty. Cammy was the best player on the pitch in the second half.

Sorba had another good game. Great to see him enjoying himself again and the manager has publicly shown his faith in him, giving him a big cuddle on the pitch just before kick off. Ward and Rhodes also showing that they can play together. I love having the both of them out there, rather than one or the other just running themselves into the ground trying to feed off scraps.

Have I missed anybody? Rudoni. Yeah, played alright,but I would say Kasumu comes straight back in on Saturday. Nicholls? Had a quiet game really, which is always a good sign.

Subs all did ok. Nice to see another young un getting a run out.

SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Do you think it was your defence, or was their attack entirely unimaginative? Their top scorer didn't seem bovvered for a start.

You do have a very, very good young midfield player, who when he totally gets the pace of men's footie might really take you places. Duane Holmes played well too. He's an odd player. He tries, so on his going days he is a real bonus. The trouble is that he still tries when he is having an off day - and you'd be better off if he hid.
it felt like there was a few nerves amongst the players in the first 20 minutes or so, we couldn't string two passes together and barely got out of our own half. We started to see more of the ball before the first goal, but we seemed to be very pedestrian and ponderous on the ball, some slack passes too made momentum difficult as we were having to restart or battle for the ball. The goal was a well taken diving header, a striker would be proud of it, I think if he had left it, it would have been dealt with by the keeper or defenders, i dont think rhodes was getting it. They should have scored just before half time, or at least hit the target from that position.

Fotheringham said he gave some of the players a rocket at half time because they weren't playing how they were told etc, I think second half we saw a little bit more of what the game plan is going to be, on most occasions going forward. Keep the ball, but keep it moving forward, look to play early balls to catch them on the turn, don't let them have time to get behind the ball and regroup, if you can anyway, no point doing it if theres nothing there, also play for set pieces, which is a given when you have Lees and Helik, plus yuta, rhodes, ward, who are all capable in the air. I think the other plan is to try and get the ball in and around Jordan in the box, it was a good save that denied him another goal and it feels like he could be fotheringhams main man so to speak, it will have been his time at Blackburn when he last had that sort of belief from a manager and when he does have that and the game built more around him, he scores, although his game his changing and his hold up and link up play is coming on.

There were a lot of positive performances but theres still a few question marks or issues for me, one is the petulance of thomas, he can't keep doing stuff like that, it's going to cause him and the team trouble. two is our left back/wing back, Jackson played fine on sunday and was fine against Luton, but he's a central midfielder being converted back there, maybe the whole package will develop when he gets more confidence but he seemed to be hesitant at times. three is danny ward, something seems off with him this season, he doesn't seem injured, nor does he seem overweight which has been an issue before both at town and other clubs, but something seems to be lacking, his all-round game doesn't seem to be there, maybe its the lack of hair or beard? but him operating as a second striker with Jordan will get the best out of both of them I feel. Be good when simpson is back, he'll take some pressure off the two, at this moment can both constantly play 70-90 minutes every game up to the world cup? i'd suggest no and with ward's injury record it probably agrees, but simpson wont be ready until after the world cup, so we may see some changes in formation in coming weeks where it goes back to one or the other, more so away from home.
Another day, another door, another high, another low
I'm still not convinced by this managerial appointment.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »