Thread Rating:
QPR vs WBA - Match Thread
Charlie Austin for QPR last minute. Oh, bolloc*s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Can we do a manger swap with Everton
I refer my fellow sufferers to my post made yesterday, m'lud
I'd be happy with a manager swap with the Rose and Crown.
drewks and Slick_Footwork like this post
It’s hard to know how Ismael can stay in his job. Regardless of injuries etc, I cannot believe another manager could not get more out of this set of players. This is dreadful; automatic promotion is long gone and, based upon our recent and current form, the play offs will soon be a memory. In all honesty, we are an awful team and deserve nothing better under this manager
baggietrousers and Slick_Footwork like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
ISMAEL OUT.

The board need to act now. If things stay as they are, we're not going to make the playoffs.

The football has been appalling to watch from day 1. As a fan, you can put up with that to an extent when it delivers results, like when we put 4 past Sheffield based on long throws and crowded set pieces alone. But it's become apparent it's no longer going to deliver results for some time.

We never look like we're going to score a goal.

The manager has no plan B. The persistence with this drab formation even if it means playing 2 defensively weak fullbacks at centre half is beggars belief. The fact we have played over half of a season with 3 up top and haven't worked out we need one dropping off into the hole is mind boggling. Why have 3 wingers up front and never play to feet?

If we're going to finish mid table, which clearly we are, I'd rather see us try to play proper football and build for the future.

IMO this is worse on the eye than than under Pulis. At least with Pulis we had a game plan of sitting back and scoring from a set play against superior sides. I can't see what the game plan is with this manager. We rely on hoofball and long throws even when all of our players that can head a ball are out injured.

Middlesbrough have got themselves a proper manager and they will be above us in a couple of games. We need to act before it's too late.
BaggieSteve and baggietrousers like this post
I do not go to games any more.
I do not have enough interest to get upset any more
Until Pulls I did not call for the managers head
I do not have enough interest to even bother with that

This version of modern football dominated by cash, bias media, the FA's elite club of six ... Have killed my interest in football.
Our awful brand of football since pulls has diminished my interest in the Albion.

Love the club, I will be Albion til I die, but until the football authorities bring back balance to the funding and levelling of the playing field to the game and we regain our footballing philosophies my interest will not return and neither will I.

As a footnote, sky is killing us more than most ...... We are seen as a biggish club in the chumpionship, therefore get loads of tv coverage. Games played at stupid times on stupid days. Fans can't attend, reduced sales of season tickets, reduced revenue, players stolen by Barcelona, Palace, the vile with no compensation. Means reduced funds for players .... A vicious circle leading us to Val.
From the BBC website:
West Brom head coach Valerien Ismael:

"It was a good game from us. We played very well and had a chance with Matt Phillips.

"In the second half QPR pushed more, which was to be expected, and then (Daryl) Dike came on and made an impact (for us).

"We lost the game but I'm satisfied with the performance. There are some positives but we didn't get the rewards we wanted.

"The performance was good and the mentality of the players was good, we just wanted to get the reward."

Are you lot watching the same game? Doh Big Grin Big Grin
Slick_Footwork likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »