Thread Rating:
2-0 leads
We need an inquest into this, JP has to look into what is going wrong. There is something fundamentally wrong with this football club when we go 2-0 up. It isn't an "oh dear, its happened again" thing anymore. It is now at the stage that when we go 2-0 up in games I fully expect us to lose or draw at best, it sounds stupid but I can't be the only one. From now on when we go 2-0 up in the first half I will be putting £10 on us to draw or lose, its basically printing money.

So, how do we fix it? Personally I would sack Irvine, Downing and Kiely and bring in Pulis or someone who can actually organise a defence. But that would probably be too extreme for Peace's liking. I don't know the answer but it is more than just an unlucky trend and is something that could end up relegating us.

Reading 3-2 WBA
WBA 2-2 Villa
Villa 4-3 WBA
WBA 3-3 Cardiff
WBA 3-3 Tottenham
QPR 3-2 WBA

6 times in the last 2 and a half seasons that I can remember
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
The other thing is that the goals we concede always seem to happen at the same points. Right after we've got that second goal, you just sit back and wait for the immediate response from the other side; the concentration is zero. Either side of half-time is another trouble-spot, and as for the last five minutes + stoppage time, we may as well leave the pitch and let the opposition have at it.

The mentality is horribly, horribly wrong. It's one area where I sympathise with Irvine, because he's inherited this problem, but if he can't solve it then you do have to wonder how long we're going to stumble down this particular blind alley.
Dingle-Dingle and wba_1996 like this post
Anyone who was at Wembley on 4th March 1967, as I was, will be having deja vu, as I am. 2-0 up in the League Cup final against QPR and we lost 3-2.
QPR yesterday set out their intent by naming Charlie Austin and Bobby Zamora in their starting line-up.
And Irvine's post-match comments were pathetic.
"We deserved to win the game and the fact that we didn't was down to us not defending well at three corners and not being clinical."
"Austin is a top player. As I said this week when I was Sheffield Wednesday manager I wanted to sign him. He looks a very good player."
No Alan, we didn't deserve to win the game, we got exactly what we deserved. We gifted them a penalty and then let them over-run us.
I just hope Saido Berahino punched James Morrison when the players got back to the dressing room.
Dingle-Dingle likes this post
My Beloved Albion are at this moment in time an utter load of SHITE. JP take note. DD (Still sober..... JUST) CryCry
Ubique.
I was also at that Wembley game Aries. Clive 'Chippy' Clark put us two up but Rodney Marsh and Co rolled us over second half just like they did yesterday.

Far hungrier for the ball; chased the ball; hassled us; hurried us; got the run of the ball and panic set in. It was inevitable from the moment we gave them that stupid penalty we were going to lose that game. It's down to the whole psyche of the club. The belief exists within the club is that we are losers and act like the rabbit caught in the headlights and as someone else said, afraid of our own shadows.

Can't see an answer but the common factor for a long time is Keith Downing. Sack the little shite closely followed by  Irvine and the rest of this defeatist bunch. Install a winner, install a glass half full man, install a motivator.

Thanks for making it a miserable Christmas, Albion.   Grrrrr !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »