Thread Rating:
Bolton vs WBA - Match Thread
Looking good for the 2 automatic places now lads Thumb up and you've not even bothered ? It's got me asking questions about the championship this year Huh
No one as actually stamped the authority and we're in February nearly Huh
Looking like a toss of the coin this year Confusede
Played as well as we needed to. That’s 5 wins out of our last 6 away matches, defence looking far more comfortable, still the division’s top scorers, up to 3rd in a season where most on here were predicting mid table, and we’re still moaning. If only we had an eloquent manager like Pulis.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
(22-01-2019, 10:32)Zinman Wrote: Played as well as we needed to. That’s 5 wins out of our last 6 away matches, defence looking far more comfortable, still the division’s top scorers, up to 3rd in a season where most on here were predicting mid table, and we’re still moaning. If only we had an eloquent manager like Pulis.

Zin, no ones moaning mate. People are pointing out their own views and what the majority are thinking that’s all. It was an ugly win but an important one. BD is reluctant to make changes at times (actually most games) when we are being overrun in midfield and which puts us under pressure at the back.

Others have pointed out that we have injured players to come back and we need investment. I think the posts on this thread are all fair points

Why is that moaning?
We all want to win and get promoted but what’s the point in coming on here and say that win was a Brilliant performance? And that the owner is investing for us to kick on when he obviously isn’t.

We are doing really well but we need to kick on. An ugly win is better than a great loss but folk aren’t moaning bud.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(22-01-2019, 10:32)Zinman Wrote: Played as well as we needed to. That’s 5 wins out of our last 6 away matches, defence looking far more comfortable, still the division’s top scorers, up to 3rd in a season where most on here were predicting mid table, and we’re still moaning. If only we had an eloquent manager like Pulis.

And I'm missing Pardew, he spoke so well, full of south London charm.... Dodgy
(22-01-2019, 10:46)Worldclassalbion Wrote:

Zin, no ones moaning mate. People are pointing out their own views and what the majority are thinking that’s all. It was an ugly win but an important one. BD is reluctant to make changes at times (actually most games) when we are being overrun in midfield and which puts us under pressure at the back.

Others have pointed out that we have injured players to come back and we need investment. I think the posts on this thread are all fair points

Why is that moaning?
We all want to win and get promoted but what’s the point in coming on here and say that win was a Brilliant performance? And that the owner is investing for us to kick on when he obviously isn’t.

We are doing really well but we need to kick on. An ugly win is better than a great loss but folk aren’t moaning bud.
Reading through this thread and others, I think you’ll find that some are (well, certainly one is).
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
just back home now having travelled all day yesterday, hotel in Manchester last night, and flight home this morning. Nothing unusual in that, I make ridiculously long trips regularly to support my life long club, so if I want to offer an honest opinion (or as some would suggest, moan) then I will.
Yes it was a good 3 points, but anything less against a shocking Bolton would have been unacceptable. We weren't good we were just less bad although I would like to think it was more a case of just doing enough, but I'll say again DM is not learning quickly enough. HRK is awful and yet again poor use of subs. I will cut him some slack given injuries / suspensions and piss poor ownership, and I think he could be a good manager if not necessarily a good coach. The next few weeks will tell where our long term future lies, and I've got to say. I'm not optimistic.
I'll still spend a fortune and a lot time supporting though because that's what us baggies do. (and moan)
BaggieSteve, Worldclassalbion, Baggiebob(BBB) like this post
(22-01-2019, 12:14)baggietrousers Wrote: just back home now having travelled all day yesterday, hotel in Manchester last night, and flight home this morning. Nothing unusual in that, I make ridiculously long trips regularly to support my life long club, so if I want to offer an honest opinion (or as some would suggest, moan) then I will.  
Yes it was a good 3 points, but anything less against a shocking Bolton would have been unacceptable.  We weren't good we were just less bad although I would like to think it was more a case of just doing enough, but I'll say again DM is not learning quickly enough.  HRK is awful and yet again poor use of subs. I will cut him some slack given injuries / suspensions and piss poor ownership, and I think he could be a good manager if not necessarily a good coach.  The next few weeks will tell where our long term future lies, and I've got to say. I'm not optimistic.  
I'll still spend a fortune and a lot time supporting though because that's what us baggies do. (and moan)

Clearly the honest thoughts of a true supporter.
Mason Holgate - it's to early to say if he's the real deal, but for a youngster he's certainly not intimidated by anyone.
He had some kind words for Clayton Donaldson last night. When asked "Do you know who I am boy"?
Replies - “I don’t f***ing know who you are. You’re f***ing crap”
He may need to keep away from the earshot of refs and have a word with JRod about mouthing kind remarks to opponents Big Grin
See - Tom Rawcliffe@rawcliffe99
(22-01-2019, 16:45)Phil Penn Wrote: Mason Holgate - it's to early to say if he's the real deal, but for a youngster he's certainly not intimidated by anyone.
He had some kind words for Clayton Donaldson last night. When asked "Do you know who I am boy"?
Replies - “I don’t f***ing know who you are. You’re f***ing crap”
He may need to keep away from the earshot of refs and have a word with JRod about mouthing kind remarks to opponents Big Grin
See - Tom Rawcliffe@rawcliffe99

Having watched Clayton's performance last night, I reckon Mason is also an astute judge of ability Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »