Thread Rating:
In A General Football Ethos
having (yesterday) watched numerous FOREIGN games of football
i`m wondering what all the fuss is about
LA LIGA? having watched lowly Eibar destroy the mighty Real Madrid 3-0
and a very dire 1-1 draw between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona(nowt happened until the final 10 minutes)
Bundesliga? about as interesting as watching my underwear dry(aint washed em just.......oh come on we all dribble in them)

today i watched the old West Midlands Cup Final (vile/blouse)
very good game closer than the scoreline
then watched(ha ha ha) Wolverhampton - Huddersfield
looks like their bubble has well and truly burst

yes my friends
English football is better than those foreign leagues

and yes.......i need to get out more
@Kristien 1965
Hey Paddy didn't you watch the Limerick v Linfield game ? heard the Irish league is well .... about as bright as you Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I watched 3 Bundesliga matches. Borussia Mönchengladbach 4-1 Hannover and Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 Stuttgart were good matches although there was a clear difference in quality between the teams facing each other. Freiburg 1-1 Werder Bremen had its good moments but both teams were lacking quality in front of goal. Bremen should have won by 2 or 3 goals but they wasted chances. I didn’t get chance to watch the high scoring matches Schalke 4-2 Nürmberg, Bayern München 3-3 Fortuna Düsseldorf and Hertha Berlin 3-3 Hoffenheim.

Whether you like the German style of football or not, there is always some entertaining high scoring matches.

Tonight there is a good match in the 2. Bundesliga between Hamburg and Union Berlin which I’ll be watching on BT Sport. 2nd vs 4th. Hamburg can go top with a win and Union can go back into 3rd with a win or draw.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »