Thread Rating:
Official Pardew new WBA manager !!
(01-12-2017, 21:50)Zinman Wrote: I think he's more suited to Alain Pardieu, a suave, sophisticated Frenchman (much like me, but French), playing le sexy football while keeping his eye out for any lovely ladies (allegedly).

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Good post that Binman Thumb up
I like the Suave,sophisticated bit,
Pity you had to spoil it by saying "much like me" Rolleyes
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
We are falling into the same old mistaken belief that a new manager will totally change our performance. This is a heads-down, obstinate, reaction to our current situation and not supported by intelligent reflection on realities. The starting point should be:- What is a football team? What is a game of football in the premiership? Very talented teams regularly underperform and very ordinary teams regularly perform beyond their paygrade. Why? I’m sure that managers go to extremes to try and prepare teams for every imaginable possible situation in a game but there will always be more complexity unfolding during 90 minutes than you could ever scratch the surface of…this is why they stand on the touchline with expressions of disbelief and anxiety. They simply don’t understand that you cannot manage chaos no matter how hard you try. A game of football is inherently an activity involving 22 human brains and a spherical object – anything will, and does, happen. The critical thing is that it’s those 22 that have ALL the influence on outcome not the one on the touchline. Our league position will improve when the TEAM plays better relative to the other teams – simple as that.
Meandbren, a very good post, and some very valid points, players make the results, our players have had winning trained out of them and a fear of losing smashed in with a massive great steam hammer, on another thread somoene posted about big sam starting with a win at Everton, well fat sam has not had that mental block to over come with the toffee players who won in mid week ... AP has to get into their heads and push out the pulis indoctrination, that will take a little time. The signs are looking better, the squad is definitely better, onwards and upwards ......... fingers crossed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »