Thread Rating:
Huddersfield Town - 2nd Trimester School Report
Well, with the kids off for half-term, time for a look at Wagbo's report card full of facts and just a wee bit of his (?) opinions.

School - Huddersfield Town College and Academy
Class/Form - The Top Class

Current Grade - A-
Form Teacher - Herr David Wagner
Dean, Head Master and Head of School - Mr. Dean Hoyle

Form Teachers Comments
The class improved our consistency despite a wobbly continuation from the end of the first Trimester that temporarily dumped us out of the top 6. Improvements to the way we defend set pieces in particular and the addition of two forwards in the January transfer window have resulted in only two draws and one defeat since the beginning of December. This has returned Town back to the 3rd place we occupied at the end of the first Trimester with our star pupil Aaron Mooy leading the way. He will go a long way in the English Education system, as he already has, coming from Australia.

What to improve? Scoring more goals and imroving the goal difference will be vital at the end of the season. Middlesborough became the first side to gain promotion on goal difference in ages last season (maybe ever? maybe not) due to the fact they only conceded 7 goals at home all season rather than the number of goals scored. My Town class rarely nil anybody so it would be churlish to expect it to suddenly happen on a regular basis. Our defense only performed really poorly in 2 games when we conceded 8 of our 15 goals in the first Trimester. We have only had one such occurence, at Cardiff City College, in the 2nd Trimester where we conceded 3. We still have to play them again, taught by our former Form Master Mr. Colin Wichser, at the end of term. He is giving some schools in our system a bit of a headache at the moment but that is all a long, long, long way off.

The addition of the two new forward thinking pupils (Quanner and Brown) is already reaping rewards. We are continually improving our consistency and we are becoming much more concentrated in our school work, whether that is in normal school hours or in our after school activities and homework or on the grass in the play ground.

Sometimes our activities have to change, eiter due to a long term agreement or sometimes at short notice so that educational films can be made for other schools and the School Inspectors to study what it is that we do. Whilst all this pie in the Sky stuff can be disruptive, especially to our pupils, their parents, our benefactors and many, many others who support the school both financially, vocally and morally, it all goes to help show how much we are improving in our school work in this academic year.

signed

Wagbo Smartass

Head Master's comments
My (ahem) modest investments of previous years brought about a steady but gradual improvement in our class results across the breadth of our education systems, but a modest further increase in those investments in our Top Class pupils plus the introduction of our first foreign language teacher, (Herr Wagner) and his teaching assistants has brought about an improvement that has been so far beyond our modest expectations. The appointment of Herr Wagner has also attracted a number of overseas students for whom English is not their mother tongue and as such we have introduced both Foreign Languages and English as a Second Language classes to our curriculum. I enjoy those second classes as I never did English at school whee Urdu was the main language. Herr Wagner and his assistants have combined and improved the best efforts from our predominantly English speaking puplis, many of whom have been with the school for a number of years, and they have welcomed our overseas students with open arms. He has also introduced additonal homework and after school activities and a couple of school trips to Sweden and Spain have been particularly well received.

In the latter part of the 2nd Trimester we gained yet another foreign language student from a college in Germany and one of our good friends in the Prima Donna University of Excellence League, Chelski University of Foreign Lanuages, has sent yet another one of their star English speaking pupils to study our methods and allow us to learn from theirs and maybe pick up on a foreign language or two which will help them when they return. This will surely help us in our goals to eventually attain University of Excellence status. I have every belief that Herr Wagner can bring the class up to A or A+ standard in the 3rd (er) Trimester so that all the School, it's benefactors, parents and supporters can enjoy the results of the hard work that has been put in on a still modest budget. This is despite him saying he wanted no targets or limits for the class at the start of term. You can't really run a business with no targets but he seems to be doing OK on it. Sadly one of our foreign pupils expressed a feeling of homesickess during the 2nd Trimester so we allowed him to return to his former college in Russia with our blessings. He was a bit of a shy lad and didn't really fit in as well as we had hoped.

With all the extra curricular activities, we have enhanced our catering facilities at the Canalside Classrooms and school dinners are now available both at both lunch-time and tea-time for our pupils and guests who wish to visit us. Especially those nice people at Radio Leeds (apart from that annoying woman who's a Leeds fan really) and I'd like to extend a warm future welcome to the Press from all or the country that write about us in their pages and websites but can't seem to find where Canalside is. As a result of these additional meal times, there have been fewer instances of pupils absconding in the afternoon and we have not had to recover and return as many from the town centre pupil rescue centre's as before such as Nando's, when they inevitably get lost in the town. Class attendance is now at a record high when allowances for illness and injury are factored in and they are also much lower than previous school terms when we seemed to have a number of pupils with what seemed like almost permanent illnesses.

The School Inspectors are begrudgingly becoming impressed with our progress, though some old stick in the muds are still in denial and claim we can't continue to achieve what we are on a budget that is less than 10% of some of the former members of the University of Excellence, that are now unfortunately back in our Education Sytem. We point to some of our former fellow schools and colleges, such as our near neighbours at Burnley High, as examples of what can be achieved through hard work and a synergy that runs through the school. They are studying n the University of Excellence Education system and hope to be upgraded to full University status in the near future.

Many of our fellow schools who have joined us from the EFL League 1 Junior High School system have also noted what we are about and are preparing to adopt our methods. If this puts a few more noses out of joint among those who think they are or that they belong to a "bigger school than us", so be it. We have noted the bad attitude of the Form Teacher's at some of our neighbouring schools and colleges and don't wish to see it reproduced in our school or in our play grounds again this season. It is our aim to take the lead for the underdogs in this Education System and move us all on to better things in the face of those bloody parachute payments and a total disregard for the Financial Fair Play Sytem - whatever that is.

Under the tutelage of Herr Wagner, our pupils have adopted a system and which matches the identity of the school mascot. We might be small and yappy, but we are here to fight like Terriers in our attempts to improve the performance and status of the school both now and in the future.

In addition to our recent exam successes in the current Education System, we are also doing well in the Inter-Educational-System knock-out-cup competition, where we will next go head-to-head and tackle-to-tackle with our good friends at The University of Manchester City, who are also in the University of Excellence like multi-cultural Chelski University of Foreign Languages. As you all know, we have several pupils in our top Class and below who have studied there and are now full-time or part-time students in our school including the excellent young man Aaron Mooy, who they have kindly sent to also learn from our methods and maybe also pick up another foreign language in addition to the Aussie Abbo slang he talks now. We also have many Form Teachers, support and supply teachers who worked and studied at their University and work diligently across our classrooms to improve our pupils and their own knowledge.

I will leave it too Herr Wagner to explain what he needs to do to obtain the grade of  A or A+ when his class goes out to play on the big green play ground that we or our fellow schools play on up and down the country, while I instruct our other Heads of Department in Administration and elsewhere to follow from Herr Wagner's lead and get their bloody f*@!ing fingers out. (I learned that phrase from our foreign language students). Whistle

regards to one and all and Up the Terriers

Deano Smartass Smartass

The Plan

Hello again.
So when we are on the grass, what do the stats say we are doing and what we have to do?

First of all I have to say I am only concentrated on the Inter-Educational-System knock-out cup competition for this next Saturday so I asked my son, who is a computer wizard, to do all this. He used the same website Statto.com as the other wizard, theo. My son is a wizard but he does not wear or own a magic hat that I know of. The Inter-Educational-System Knock-out Cup competition does not affect our final grades and it is mostly ignored by the School Inspectors, unless the top degree is won by one of the Top 4 Colleges or Universities in the University League. Then it too becomes magical for some reason as it qualifies them to go into The European Minor Colleges and Universities Cup competition. That they all then apparently don't wish to play in in this competition is maybe because they don't like to have after school activities on Thursday evening perhaps? Apparently this is the case despite their 100's of millios of pounds or Euro's budgets, but in my class and our school, we do it all the time. They just are not concentrated enough in our Prima Donna University League, that is my opinion.

So first of all
The summary of our first 2 Trimesters.
[Image: GjLKw275f8NsGDPUk9bvLMDkoWQySetXcifh9clI...51-h190-no]

I think you can see some slight improvements here. We have more points, more wins and more goals from 1 less game that we played on the grass in the play ground. Our defence now only normally lets in one goal per game but we are working on that.

What does it take to get in the play-offs?
It's not that long ago that we were trying to keep our backsides off the relegation trap door along with Brighton and Reading, so what do we need to do to stay where we are now or go even better? Town are currently 3rd on 61 points with 15 games to go and like I said, there were no limits on how we can perform at the start of term. Like I also say, this is not possible for such a small school, but we will try, one lesson at a time.

Going back to the 2000 - 2001 season (yes - THAT season, sorry if it brings back bad memories for some) an analysis of the Top 7 and the 22nd Teams shows the following:
[Image: rTmCBiymsoYD9toLu_CeUsimq_EZ6wP49H4i1YZP...89-h501-no]
(Note for the most frequent points haul, if there is more than 1 tied for first place I have not shown the next highest. It is too bloody confusing - I hope this will not be broadcasted Blush ).

To remain where we are in 3rd place
On average, 82 points gets you 3rd place, with a high of 93 (Brighton, last season, missing out on goal difference v Boro) and a low of 79 (Sunderland, 2003-04 and Forest, 2009-10). The most frequent points haul is 80 and 86 (3x each).

To get in the Top 6 and finish 6th.
On average, 73 points will get you a Top 6 place, however it has taken as many as 78 (Ipswich Town, 2014-15, finsihed on same points as Brentford, 5th and Wolves, 7th) or as few as 68 (Leicester 2012-13). Obtaining 75 (5x) and 74 (4x) points are the most frequent hauls. Taking the low of 68 out doesn't have a significant effect on the overall figures. It moves the average to slightly above 73.5 from slightly below as an example.

To finish anywhere in the 4 Play-off Positions
On average, 77 points secures any play-off position with a high of 89 and the same low of 68. The low was Leicester (2012-13) when they pipped Bolton on goal difference. The highest of 89 was last season when Brighton lost out to Boro' for 2nd place on goal difference. The most frequent points haul is 75 or 76 with 9x each. There's a number of points hauls on 6 (74, 78, 80).

To Win the League
On average, 94 points is enough to win the League with a high of 106 (Reading, 2005-06) and a low of 81 (WBA, 2007-08). The most frequent is 94, 88, 90, 102 with only 2 each. the Champions points haul would appear to be the most random.

To finish in the 2nd Automatic Spot
On average, 87 points are required to get 2nd place with a high of 93 (Burnley, 2013-14) and a low of 79 (Stoke, 2007-08 & Hull, 2012-13). The most frequent is 89 points (3x including the last two seasons) followed by 79, 86 and 91 with 2 each.

To finish in either of the Automatic spots
On average, 91 points gets an auto spot with a high of 106 (Reading, 2005-06) and the low of 79 (Stoke, 2007-08 & Hull, 2012-13). The most frequenst is still 89 (4x) followed by 88 and 90 (3x each).

Minor Frustation Time
The difference between a Automatic spot and 3rd place is on average 5 points. The highest difference is 12 points while goal difference has separated the sides only once, last season. 2 points is the most frequent difference, follwed by 3 and 4.

Real Frustration Time
To miss out on the play-off's by 1 place, 7th
On average, 71 points will ensure the maximum amount of frustration, with a high of 78 (Ipswich Town, 2014-15, finsihed 6th on same points as Brentford, 5th and Wolves, 7th) and a low of 67 (Wolves, 2005-06, finished 8 points adrift of Brentford in 6th). The most frequent is 70 (4x) followed by 69, 71, 72, 74 (2x each).
The average difference in points between 6th and 7th is 2, the most is 8 points and the low 0, which has occured on 5 occasions, with 1 point being the next most frequent.

To finish 22nd and sit on the top step of the trap door.
OK, we are well out of it this season but I also looked at this figure to see if there is any correlation between high points totals down here and low one's at the top (and the opposite). Well it will surprise nobody that there is one, but it isn't a tight or as obvious as you might think when you look at the numbers above.

The average points to just get relegated is 46 (Town are on 61, the top 11 are on 47 or more this season) with the highest being the 54 accumulated by The Posh (2012-13, oh how we laughed as they finished a point below Barnsley Tongue ) and the lowest is 40 (Pompey, 2011-12 8 points adrift of Barnsley, and we beat the Blunts at Wemberlee). The most frequent is 42 (3x) followed by 40 and 46 (2x each).

Tables of additional data below.

[Image: ibEsMGmDEo3hVePMw7JQAt3ZPBGsXEa-KbfqHB5t...77-h494-no] [Image: XW91Cpruh85L0pAD5i0O9ZtKXTsD9mS_sVZcrX9p...21-h127-no]

Remaining Fixtures
My son also looked at the top 11's remaining fixtures, breaking them out into Top 3rd, Middle third and Bottom third, home and away.

Most teams have 15 left to play but Brighton and Fulham have 16 (due to postponed fixtures from before Christmas) and 4 have 14.
Reading have games to play against all the remainder of the Top 8, spread fairly eenly between home and away, they have 6 to play against the bottom 8 with 4 at home.
Fulham (now 8th) look to have possiby the most daunting run in with games aganst 6 of the top 8 and 5 of those away. They only have 4 to play against the bottom 3rd. Only Brighton (twice) have beaten them so far though from this group and they have put 5 past us and Reading.
Next up, Newcastle also have 6 to but 4 of those are away. To balance that out all 3 of their games against the bottom 8 sides are at home.
Norwich also have 6 games to play against the top 8 but their whole remaining fixture list is nicely spread across the division. They are bloody awful against the teams in the to 8 so are currently most likely to screw up if they repeat the results from earlier in the season.
PNE also have 6 play against the to 8 with only 2 at home. only 1 fixture against the middle 8 means they have 7 to play against the bottom 3rd and they haven't lost against those teams this season.
Wendies have 5 to play against the Top 8, with 4 at home and only 4 to play against the bottom 8.
Barnsley have 5 to play against the Top 8 with only 2 at home, they have 5 to play against the bottom 8 with 4 of those away
Town, Brighton and Derby have 4 games each to play against the Top 8, but all of Towns are at home whereas the others are evenly split. We have the most games to play against the middle 8 with 3 at home and 4 away. Our 4 games against the bottom 8 are split 3 away and 1 at home, but we are now one of the form sides against the bottom end of the table.
Brighton and Derby have a fairly even split between middle annd lower 3rd teams but Brighton have the most (7), Derby (6) against the lower 8.
Now I always suspected that come the end of the season, you end up playing most games against those around you. this season is no exception with the current Top 11 having more games to play against the Top 3rd than any of the other 2/3rds. Outside bet to squeeze in late - Cardiff City College.

Info and Form Tables below.

[Image: 1vaFQpbli_p1TUK39b2F9lkp_pJsIeoYc9_fzSAG...18-h328-no]

[Image: F0vSEBFulw1ZNxN1CLm8U9LBcK65hkrWT4MDDZWE...10-h667-no]

[Image: diQwuasooAe_NZFlouh_k1dwPGvtHlLQemwLZwzn...13-h668-no]

[Image: Xenux1Wp-Fh3uwkNVy4Ya6tqBGtwh-7XmxWZ3hn7...13-h673-no]

Explanation
[Image: l88xOGKRXoOTLheI8yrmigPJccof3shg75M1fKMw...517-h46-no]

[Image: DJmmL9ltDIgcAkc1fHPAYq-x-BBsq_ka45-fKT4h...11-h674-no]

Current Table
[Image: 3v1m01Rcx7qwwrnTqUmguD-A33HPxTagpgSyXbHp...48-h677-no]

Summary

So as you know, at the end of the 3rd Trimester it is normal for a lady to have a baby. So let's hope at the end of our 3rd trimester, it is The Terriers that are happy puppies and yapping away and that all the big clubs are crying like the babies.  Laugh

Wagbo

Apologies for any typo's but English is not my first language - Wagbo
Lord Snooty, Amelia Chaffinch, WakeyTerrier And 1 others like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Brilliant read that theo......how the heck you found the time to do that Thumb up
It does make for some amount of optimism knowing that we are performing consistently well against top, middle and bottom of the league. It also looks good that all our fixtures against the top teams are at home.

It says something about this season that I've hardly looked at the bottom of the table. I was fairly shocked to see Blackburn and Wigan down there. Oh how the 'mighty' have fallen. Laugh
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Tldr. Wink

No, I forgot to read it last night. Will ave a butchers at dinner time.
Negatives- must not swear in class or fight classmates. Further incidents will not be tolerated
theo_luddite likes this post
This started as a bit of research for the Reading thread and just grew, so I thought I'd post is as a thread of it's own along with a bit of tongue in cheek humour. Jeebers will be able to lob it on that big pile in Liversedge that he mentioned in the QPR thread. Tongue
A guide to cask ale.

Outstanding thread Theo. I think the best thing I've found supporting town this season is not only how united the fans are and how great they've been in shutting down the moaning numpties but also I got asked a question by an Ipswich fan who said with no sarcasm or patronising 'how are you doing it' and I couldn't quite put a finger on one particular reason. It is literally everything coming together to make us this good. From the fans, to Deano's season tickets, to Sean Jarvis pushing for full houses every week, to the togetherness of the team, to the way the players just seem like regular guys playing football, going to hospitals to see sick children like Hef and Izzy did this week, to the january signings to the passion the players show in every match. They all want this just as much as we do. It's pure magic. Reading really is crunch time. Every game should now be treated as a cup final, which they are. We beat Reading and it really is a three horse race for me between us, Brighton & Newcastle.
theo_luddite and Lord Snooty like this post
An excellent piece of research, Mr Luddite. The detailing in the statistical tables is quite reminiscent of the timetables made by our dear friend, Mr Rimmer of the Smeg Dwarf University.
Well done, Ace. Smartass
In honour of Theo's cutting and pasting

https://goo.gl/images/edX1KI
Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat......................
(16-02-2017, 16:41)Jeebers Wrote: In honour of Theo's cutting and pasting

https://goo.gl/images/edX1KI

Like it. It's not all cut and paste you know. I do make some of the bollox up as I go along - a bit like the chap at the Daily Dickspress. Oh hang on a minute. The difference is he gets paid to write copy and paste the shite that he somehow gets published as news.

I folowed that link to this - https://sites.google.com/site/kirkleescu...liversedge

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Nearly fell out of me clogs. Wink
A guide to cask ale.

Mia Culpa Theo, it took me two hours to work out how to post the link
Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat......................
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »