Thread Rating:
Rondon Threatens To Quit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exclamation 

Venezuela Laugh

Good News Wink

West Brom striker Salomon Rondon has led a revolt against the Venezuela Football Federation, after their team's shocking start to World Cup qualifying.
Venezuela, the only South American country never to reach the World Cup, have ended the year bottom of the 10-nation group without a point after four matches, sparking speculation that coach Noel Sanvicente would resign.
And several core players, including Rondon, have now threatened to quit unless their federation's (FVF) directors resign

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...z3t4oa0Q7D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I can see why they're bottom without a point if he's one of their core players............and I'll say no more.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(02-12-2015, 10:40)talkSAFT Wrote: I can see why they're bottom without a point if he's one of their core players............and I'll say no more.

Harsh considering the service he gets though,

No wonder he misses one that comes along as he's so surprised to get one at all  Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Rondon is a good striker, as is Ideye and Rosenberg.....the common denominator is Albion. We used to play with wingers and attacking midfielders, now we don't. It's that simple.
Dingle-Dingle and drewks like this post
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
I fully agree with the two posts above. It's interesting to imagine how the Odemwingie of 2010-2012 would have coped in the current side. He was no stranger to fluffing chances - even some pretty golden ones - but the difference was that he was given more of them (and they were arguably better-quality chances), so could afford to waste a few here and there and still manage to balance out the misses with a goal or two. Rondon really doesn't have that luxury.

Indeed, Rondon looks a thousand times better when he's not the forlorn hope stuck up top on his own with aimless balls dropping around him. Unfortunately, when we do pair him with another striker our build-up play, though improved, is still really laboured and stilted, and it makes us too predictable too often.
4evaabaggie and Dingle-Dingle like this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
(02-12-2015, 20:45)Worldclassalbion Wrote: Rondon is a good striker, as is Ideye and Rosenberg.....the common denominator is Albion. We used to play with wingers and attacking midfielders, now we don't. It's that simple.

You're right, Worldclass - it IS us, and it is that simple. A pretty sobering thought, and it makes you ask if any decent striker would want to join us if any other option was available Confused
Got to disagree Saft, there's not a striker on earth who doesn't rely on quality service to do his job and its no coincidence that Rondon is one in a longish line of good strikers to suffer with how we play.

Lukaku wouldn't have been the success he was if he were to be playing for us now and the other thing that's no coincidence is how Berahino, even though he's a knob and probably doesn't want to be playing for us, has shown a total lack of form or confidence and rarely looks the dangerous striker he was.

Don't get me wrong I'm not exactly knocking our style of play, I've accepted it's a results business now, I'm using it to defend Rondon who impresses me more every time I watch him, and to make excuses for Ideye, Rosenberg. Berahino and Lambert.

The King & Cyrille would struggle how we play at the moment
Stairs and drewks like this post
Maybe he needs to toughen up a bit mentally. Try a 9 to 5 with an hours commute each way for minimum wage for a couple of weeks............. DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
I agree that the service to him must be driving him barmy: without hoofs from Olsson and Myhill he wouldn't even get his boots dirty.
But I've been excusing him for 3 months with "not match fit", "tired", "no service", etc, yet his ball control is just not satisfactory for a Premier International footballer - ball-control is fundamental, something you learn at an early age, and something you can't play without at this level, and he just hasn't got it.

Sorry......... In fact very sorry.

(Astle was similar, but that was a different era, when they played 3 across the back, and space wasn't so confined. You've got to have adequate skills in the Prem - Rondon would be great in the Championship, though.)
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(03-12-2015, 02:40)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Maybe he needs to toughen up a bit mentally. Try a 9 to 5 with an hours commute each way for minimum wage for a couple of weeks............. DD  Whistle  Whistle

DD,

How about a twelve hour shift with a round trip of three hours ...... although my pay is better than minimum wage I still earn in a year what they earn in a week.

However they have worked hard to hone skills and television dictates the wage ....... look at film stars ....... multi multi millions per film.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »