Thread Rating:
European Rubbish
does anyone one here have the subscription crap that BT sport offers?

i thought about it then decided no thanks

im old fashioned as i remember the old European Cup
to qualify for it you won your countries respective leagues
now what do we get

a effing farce to be honest

man city/united/arsenal

excuse if i missed something here
but CHAMPIONS LEAGUE?

arsenal aint won the league in years
man city(dont get me started on them)
man u(assholes)

as far as im aware chelsea won the premier league last season

the whole thing effing sucks

Champions League?

what we going to get next season?

Leicester(no offence to them) qualifying for it?

sorry i wanted to rant over something
@Kristien 1965
And the clueless bellends who run UEFA are taking action against Man City because their fans booed the UEFA anthem absolutely ridiculous
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

I don't bother with the Champions League to be honest. Same old faces season after season it's just a yawn. Come to think of it I can't remember over hearing a conversation about it in years at work either so maybe I'm not alone in that.
(25-10-2015, 09:48)Mosestheballwinner Wrote: I don't bother with the Champions League to be honest. Same old faces season after season it's just a yawn. Come to think of it I can't remember over hearing a conversation about it in years at work either so maybe I'm not alone in that.

You and me both Moses, never been a fan, more also ran league than champions league, how many teams have been European champions when they were not even domestic champions in their own league. It is an old gentleman's club set up by UEFA so the few can get richer and monopolize football. A bit like politics. I have said on here many times about the bias in football, premier league, champions league, academy system, financial fa play rules, all set up now so that the fa group of six / seven remain Dominant ......... I am sure it is similar across europe.
I'll defend the champions league a bit.

I won't defend uefa or the closed shop or anything but there are some great games and a lot of them would be lost if it was just the champions of the domestic leagues. Yes a lot of the same teams play each other constantly but there's always a few great games in the group stages and plenty more in the knock outs. Also get to see some of our former players doing well. Brown ideye and markus rosenborg both scored winners for their clubs last week (it does admittedly say something about the quality of the group stages in general).

It's not an amazing competition in general, the name needs to be changed and BT is dreadful but there are some great games in the tournament.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »