Thread Rating:
The board express fears for the clubs future!!
(14-04-2023, 10:16)Stairs Wrote: It needs the Chinese Government to force him to sell. Maybe even compensate him.

Not sure if exact numbers, but if he bought us for £175m and currently can’t sell for anything more than £50m then I can understand him waiting for a miracle promotion and an uplift in valuation.

.... but as we all know, in reality our value is only going to get less and less without any investment.
Surely our clown-of-an-owner has got business advisors on hand to state the bleedin' obvious to him, if he can't see it himself?!! Sick Huh
I`m starting to wonder if Gouchan is a secret Dingle or Vile fan....

DD#No1 Rolleyes Rolleyes
Ubique.
(14-04-2023, 10:16)Stairs Wrote: It needs the Chinese Government to force him to sell. Maybe even compensate him.

Not sure if exact numbers, but if he bought us for £175m and currently can’t sell for anything more than £50m then I can understand him waiting for a miracle promotion and an uplift in valuation.

Stairs, I have been saying similar since this all started, the only way to get him to take responsibility is not here thousands of miles away from China, but raising the issues in China. Now I know many people would point out the actions of the Chinese government at a humanitarian and political level, which are often horrendous, but that is not business. The Chinese culture is based around family and national honour, not as much as the Japanese but it is still significant. Lai's actions would be seen as an embarrassment to China at the same time they are trying to make inroads everywhere (except the USA, where they own most of their national debt anyway), so anything which demonstrates dodgy dealings by one of its businessmen/citizens, I am sure would be frowned upon back in China, as it questions the wisdom of dealing with their citizens, therefore China itself. Of course China would never do or say anything publicly about the situation, but words may well be had behind closed doors, I am already reading of some substantial actions in China against the company owners who registered those 11,000 E-Bay companies for VAT in the UK (from one address) to illegally evade paying tax. I don't think they mind people doing naughty things, as much as them getting caught and it reflecting badly on China. So the question is how would we get these issue brought up in China? The demonstration at the Chinese Embassy is not a bad idea but the Chinese mentality at an official level does not take much notice of demonstrations, as they believe to do so shows weakness. A better path maybe if Action for Albion could arrange a meet with the Chinese Ambassador or one of their officials (perhaps the West Brom M.P. or their new friends in Number 10 could assist) and as difficult as it may be show what Lai has been upto and how it is impacting on the tradition and honour of such an old and respected institution. Then, I am sure they would say "we are sorry, but this is a private matter", officially..
talkSAFT and Stairs like this post
Interesting comment, Salop. What you say gives me hope (if nothing else).
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »