Thread Rating:
WBA vs Middlesbrough - Match Thread
[Image: 591977.jpg]

After conceding six goals in our last three games - as many as in the previous twelve combined - the possibility that the wheels are coming off is a very real one for Albion, and will be put to the test definitively at the Hawthorns on Saturday with the visit of high-flying Middlesbrough. With Chuba Akpom keeping them hot on the heels of Sheffield United, just one goal away from becoming the first Boro player to score 20 in a campaign since Bernie Slaven in 1990, the Teessiders have won twelve of their last fourteen, averaging 2.3 goals a game, while they remain unbeaten in West Bromwich since April 2010 and have lost just once in our last nine encounters. To say it doesn't augur well would be an understatement. Frankly, a week on Prince Harry's PR team would probably be less stressful than ninety minutes in our back four on Saturday.

We carried plenty of threat in Monday's second half, but trying to outscore the opposition didn't work then, and I doubt it'll work this weekend. Total negativity isn't ideal, but we do need to tighten up and get back to basics if we're to have any chance in what's likely to be an uphill battle.
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
Huge match for both Clubs. A draw for Baggies wouldn't finish our Season, but defeat might.
Hope the M5/M6 delays in last couple of games has been fixed (?) If not, set out early!
I bet Boro' could have sold out the whole Smethwick End.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I'm definitely a glass half empty kinda guy But I honestly cannot see anything other than a boro win here possibly a hiding
Our downward turn coincided with losing Palmer to injury. Button was reinstated and fell short again CC clearly recognised that
and tried 3rd choice Griffiths I think he's been slightly better than button but were still shipping goals and losing matches.
If were to get anything today id say we need the footballing gods to be smiling very broadly on us, Boro to have a blip and us to have our game of the season
But i won't be holding my breathe and may just focus on something else today that doesn't bring the kind of anxiety that keeping tabs on our matches has this past few weeks
Dike
1-0
Another assist for wallace

2-0
Dike
Oh my god
#scenes
talkSAFT likes this post
Great result! Well done, Lads!
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
baggie vicar did you have a word by any chance? Smile
drewks and Baggievicar like this post