Thread Rating:
Bristol City vs WBA - Match Thread
(20-03-2022, 03:46)Slick_Footwork Wrote: How can we follow up the Fulham with a performance like this?

I know this is tripe to be expected, as we've served it up all season. But I was expecting us to at least be galvanised to some extent after the Fulham game.

This was another limp performance. No pattern of play. No desire to take the game to a poor opposition.

Surely we need to see the back of Furlong? Honestly sick of seeing him play in our colours. He'd be lucky to get into a mid table side in the division below.

Hope Caroll's injury isn't serious as the forwards looked completely disinterested again without anyone on the bench.

Given we don't play any football with the current crop, I'd be in favour of us trying something more "industrial". Bring in Carroll and Dike for the 2 forwards. Move TGH to right wing-back in place of Mr 2 left feet Furlong. Put Ajayi in the middle of the park and add Kipre to the back line. At least when we're playing no football we can bombard the opposition from set plays with all the big lads on together. Football would be better as well without Furlong constantly knocking crosses into touch and Mowatt could play a bit further forward.

If we moved TGH to right wing back, Slick, would we not be losing more out of the midfield? I agree we need to replace Furlong but do we not have a U23 right back who could step up. Interesting thought about playing Dike and Carroll together, would certainly put the fear of god into opposing defences. Would also prefer to see O’Shea replace Ajayi if we moved latter into midfield although I’m keen to keep Kipre as I think he has potential
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
(20-03-2022, 14:52)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(20-03-2022, 03:46)Slick_Footwork Wrote: How can we follow up the Fulham with a performance like this?

I know this is tripe to be expected, as we've served it up all season. But I was expecting us to at least be galvanised to some extent after the Fulham game.

This was another limp performance. No pattern of play. No desire to take the game to a poor opposition.

Surely we need to see the back of Furlong? Honestly sick of seeing him play in our colours. He'd be lucky to get into a mid table side in the division below.

Hope Caroll's injury isn't serious as the forwards looked completely disinterested again without anyone on the bench.

Given we don't play any football with the current crop, I'd be in favour of us trying something more "industrial". Bring in Carroll and Dike for the 2 forwards. Move TGH to right wing-back in place of Mr 2 left feet Furlong. Put Ajayi in the middle of the park and add Kipre to the back line. At least when we're playing no football we can bombard the opposition from set plays with all the big lads on together. Football would be better as well without Furlong constantly knocking crosses into touch and Mowatt could play a bit further forward.

If we moved TGH to right wing back, Slick, would we not be losing more out of the midfield? I agree we need to replace Furlong but do we not have a U23 right back who could step up. Interesting thought about playing Dike and Carroll together, would certainly put the fear of god into opposing defences. Would also prefer to see O’Shea replace Ajayi if we moved latter into midfield although I’m keen to keep Kipre as I think he has potential

Good point about O'Shea, I'd pick him over Kipre if he's fit. Forgot about him to be honest.

Gardner Hickman at right wing back would definitely be a loss to the middle of the park. That said, I think Furlong is so detrimental to playing any football I'd probably go for it with out current crop.
Another biscuit man........

Unfortunately for Bruce, he confirmed that Dike had sustained a setback in his tendon in the same leg and revealed that West Brom wouldn’t be taking any chances, meaning he wasn’t on the bench at Ashton Gate.

DD #No1 Rolleyes Rolleyes
Ubique.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »