Thread Rating:
FA Cup 2022
In the third round, Albion will play Brighton & Hove Albion at home.
Exactly the sort of draw I didn't want - no glamour, probably lose. Still, at least it's at home.
Stairs likes this post
Will he play the Under 10`s for this one?

DD Huh Huh Huh
Ubique.
I enjoyed our cup run this year ...... All ninety minutes of it.

My mate is a BHA fan, says they play nice football, can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. We can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo either and we play nice football, not, so a 0 - 0 on the cards. Brighton to win 1 - 0 on sudden death penalties.

Always love the FA cup, always want a cup run and a trip to wembley, would give my right arm to see us lift the bloody thing, but owners no longer have the same passion. We will put out our kids against their reserves ..... One of us will go through, upsetting the manager, more fixtures to play. Modern football.
Baggiebob(BBB) and Blue Baggie like this post
The club needs to think of the fans and give it a go.
In reality, It's the only silverware we have a chance of winning.
Playing the 2nd stream and/or kids does not treat the FAC with the respect it deserves.
BaggieSteve and 4evaabaggie like this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I couldn't even be bothered to listen to The Draw. It used to be a highlight. How times change!
As Eva says "We will put out our kids against their reserves ..... One of us will go through, upsetting the manager, more fixtures to play. Modern football."

Not so many years ago - and younger readers won't believe this, but - the Cup was MORE IMPORTANT than the League (which was more of a sort of sideshow!). I'm not just saying that because Albion were consistently successful in Cup competitions. All my Blues/Villa mates and my relatives saw The Cup as the main event of the Season, and the Cup Draws were something to set your watch to. Now, though, it's seen as a chance to 'blood' the Youth Teams.
I queued in the snow for tickets to Colchester 3rd Round '68, and we could have sold more than the 4,000 allotted (whilst a League match to a similar distance we would have taken more like 400).

I can remember that Leicester won The Cup last Year, but I really don't remember any of the last (say) 10 winners........it's now the side-show!
BaggieSteve and 4evaabaggie like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Agree with you all. The FA Cup was everything when I grew up. I remember waiting for the draw and I recall empty streets on FA Cup final day as everyone watched it.

Such a shame that money has killed this wonderful and historic tournament. I did not even know it was drawn until I checked on Sportsbabble this morning.

Football is going to hell in a hand cart I am afraid to say.

The super league is inevitable now that genie is out of the bag. They will just rework the model and resell it.

In my opinion we will end up with:

A European Super League - The money and media will follow them an dour TV's and papers will do nothing but cover this on prime time and pages.. Children will grow up to this and select these clubs to follow.

Revised Premier League: Poorer as the money has gone. It will be covered by Channel 4 or 5 and sponsorship will be downgraded.
Other Minor Leagues: The rest of the clubs

We will all have money problems. Clubs will sell their grounds and create smaller versions that are integrated with the local community.

It might not be a bad thing as we might get back our clubs and the players will be more humble and normal - we can all then just ignore the bigger greed league?
4evaabaggie, BaggieSteve, talkSAFT like this post
Just how I see it, Stairs. Thumb up
I was actually hoping "The Big 6" were going to f*** off last Summer, and I've still got fingers crossed they will.
BaggieSteve, 4evaabaggie, Stairs like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(07-12-2021, 13:39)talkSAFT Wrote: Just how I see it, Stairs.  Thumb up
I was actually hoping "The Big 6" were going to f*** off last Summer, and I've still got fingers crossed they will.

I said just this when it was announced last year, the irony was the fans of the big six protesting about this new elitism super league when it was their clubs greed that caused the current status quo and the death of the working man's game.

Let's hope for the second time in history a club, the same club, win promotion and the FA cup in the same season. Only done once, should have been repeated 2008, only cheating refs and cheating Baros (booked for handball, handled again in build up to goal, not given) prevented us repeating our unique double.

Albion til I die.
I too like Stairs forgot about the draw until Tuesday, such is my interest in most top tier clubs (Prem & Championship) putting in their 2nd team and reserves. 

Though it pleases me to see the minnows putting out best teams to win against them and collect needed money for their survival. Thumb up
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »