Thread Rating:
Fulham & Hull vs WBA - Match Thread
Val can only play the cards he has been dealt ?
I'm looking at the owners,
If we don't BUY a couple of players in the window for real money, let's all give up.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
not a great spectacle to watch but 3 points non the less
did notice the lack of atmosphere didnt help either
was a bit flat this evening
onto saturday
@Kristien 1965
Another performance that is filed under the 'meh' category...

We did deserve to win overall, but as a spectacle it was drab as per usual.

I've seen enough of the front 3 of Grant, Phillips and Robbo now to say that it's not going to work. The ball just doesn't stick with them. There's no link up play either.

It's really bizarre to have a front 3 of what is really attacking midfielders / wingers yet none of them can thread a pass or beat anyone one-on-one.

I think they're all too similar in style really and that's why it doesn't gel. We're missing that Pereira type of attacker who can drift in the hole and thread a pass.

Good assist from Robbo for Grant's goal, which was well taken, but otherwise the trio were pretty much anonymous.

The problem is, Hugill doesn't look like the answer either, and that's all we have got.

On the plus side, Reach looked really good when he came on and it was a decent debut for Gardner-Hickman. Reach was key to our improvement IMO, fizzing balls forward to feet and looking to play on the front foot. I guess after watching 45 minutes of that dross, he was up for it. The worry is that on that evidence, our best 2 footballers are the 2 left wing backs. So I think we'll see Townsend back in the back 3 at the weekend even though that didn't work before...

Interesting to see Ajayi dropped for Kipre, but I do feel Kipre is better on the ball from what I've seen. Maybe being against a poor side, Val wanted more quality from the back. The downside is that you miss Ajayi's presence in the opposition box.
Some of our players are looking tired. Maybe the extra fitness training and not getting a rotating break is taking its toll ?
Odd the first 6 games we were looking full of energy but now we are not looking so fresh and Injuries just keep coming - or am I just imagining it?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »