Thread Rating:
Tier 3 Terriers v Tier 3 Hornets
Ryan Schofield is in the Championship team of the week. Thumb up
theo_luddite likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(21-12-2020, 18:50)theo_luddite Wrote: I doubt many of us do AmChaff Laugh, especially when there was the likes of Macintosh's, Riley's (loved their Toffee Rolls - someone in Wales still makes them) and others were in town and almost everyone had an aunty or an uncle that worked for them.

Ella Rileys used to be based in Horbury where I work, lovely little sweet shop but then they upped sticks and moved to Bridgend
They had a factory on Hopwood Lane in Halifax too. My old man used to work in a brass foundry opposite. The smell of toffee and chocolate was always far better then the smoke from the foundry.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
We lived in Gomersal when we got married and I was still using the bus for work then. My bus stop was outside the Toffee Smith's factory. The smell of pear drops, mmmmmm. I don't know where they are made now but I think they still have a stall on Dewsbury market. I worked in Dewsbury and used to treat myself on a Wednesday to said pear drops.
When I worked in Cleckheaton, one of our customers was Lion Confectionery. Every time the driver took a delivery there, he'd always get given a big bag of Midget Gems, which he brought back and shared out. Lovely. Smile
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »