Sports Babble - sports forum
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... (/showthread.php?tid=8947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 17-12-2019

I must also add to my opening line re this consistent Tory tribal instinct to back their own wealthy people and surely the Zac Goldsmith scandal really epitomises what I said in my previous thread!!! He lost his seat in London. So what does Johnson do to help out his failed very wealthy friend to keep his job as the Environmental and Culture Secretary - HE IMPUDENTLY GIVES THIS GUY A PEERAGE TO FORMALLY KEEP HIM IN THE SYSTEM and f### the whole democratic system of electing MPs - that is one of the reasons (not the only one!!) why I want Scotland to GTF away from this shameless anachronistic political system that keeps going on n on n on n on …… ad nauseum for almost an eternity in England!! It is ridiculous and so f###### undemocratic and open to such abuse!!!! Aaaaaargggghhhhhh!!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 17-12-2019

The old Dylan song 'only a pawn in their game' feels pretty apt for those numpties in burnley.

Get off your knees for fucks sake!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - WakeyTerrier - 17-12-2019

Pretty poor form to call those two lads in Burnley names if you ask me.

1) I always tell the lads and lasses I know they should always vote no matter who you decide to choose. At least those lads voted.

2) They have given their opinion as to why they voted as they did,which is fair enough in my opinion.

3) who are we to criticise them and take away any hopes they have for the future.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 17-12-2019

They were xxxx Mental to even dream that someone like Boris Johnson remotely gives a xxxx about them.

They have just helped enable one of the most right wing governments ever to exist on these shores. So I'm not in the mood to be forgiving of their idiocy.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Lord Snooty - 17-12-2019

It just goes to prove what a brilliant campaign the Tories ran. If they believe Johnson is going to help them, despite never actually saying anything of the sort. Despite Jeremy Corbyn saying he would do loads of stuff to help their rotten situation, they still voted conservative.
At least we get Brexit done eh! Doh

BoJo's first act -shock- to put a time limit on the withdrawal agreement meaning we crash out with "no deal" this time next year if there is no trade agreement reached, which there wont be.

"getting brexit done" - THIS is what his masters backed him as PM for.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - WakeyTerrier - 17-12-2019

The public voted to leave, they didn't and most don't give a flying **** as to how we leave.

More fool them, but the sooner its done then the sooner we can get on with rebuilding.

As for the Tories running a brilliant campaign, what a load of ********. I tell the missis all of the time that the state of politics in this country is f***** because the Government has no opposition capable of challenging them and she agrees with me despite the fact we both vote in different ways

(17-12-2019, 00:57)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(17-12-2019, 00:50)hibeejim21 Wrote: Saw that as well Amelia.  England has the most politically naive electorate in the world.

Hell mend them.

I might have to raise you with this and call out the Yanks, or at least 63m of them!!!!!

Fair enough. But in the US there is a pronounced religious aspect to a lot of voting. They don't need to pay much attention to how they're governed.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 17-12-2019

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/labour-leadership-demands-for-jeremy-corbyn-to-apologise-as-he-faces-mps-after-historic-defeat/ar-BBY3yZ8?ocid=spartandhp

Now we have demands for Corbyn to apologise! I've said this in previous threads and I'll repeat it again - "Why the f### did Corbyn concede to having this Xmas General Election??????????????????? He had no great indication of popularity for his Labour leadership in the country and, at that time, had no chance of winning it!!!!!!!!!!! My immediate reaction on the day that he foolishly conceded to Johnson's/Cummings' desperate demands/goading in Parliament that a General Election be called in Dec was WTF!!!!!!!!! And I'm sure there were millions of politically savvy pro-remain citizens up n down the country who responded in the same way!!!!! There was no logic in what he did and many comments on this Sb OP confirmed similar massive concerns re this colossal concession to a "nothing Tory govt" that had internally damaged itself and had no power. He could not win that election and it transpires from the Labour Party meeting, preceding his announcement, that many members of his team advised against him making that move and told him to hold to keeping a useless, weak govt in check and see out the remaining 2.5 years of their term and poss implosion anyway!!!!!! THAT IS WHAT HE SHOULD BE APOLOGISING ABOUT BECAUSE IT WAS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY AND HE HAS NOW LEFT THE COUNTRY AT THE MERCY OF A FASCIST GOVT, NOT A TORY ONE!!!!! LETS NOT "BEAT ABOUT THE BUSH HERE" - THEY ARE FASCIST BULLIES AND THIS WILL BECOME VERY APPARENT IN THE MONTHS AND YEARS AHEAD!!! Also IMO this Tory govt could well be in place for 2 terms because of Labour's total demise as an opposition - that will tote up to 18 years of a Tory govt with the upcoming 8 years being actually a fascist one - god knows where it is gonna take us but it is definitely not gonna be to a "good place" because these people have an ultra RW agenda that is not about rebuilding as Wakey Terrier seems to think. It is far more extreme than that and it will be filled with the expected viciousness and poison that many a populist govt has forced upon their unsuspecting or naïve citizens rather than embracing progressive policies of reparation and respect for people in the whole country, not just the few major beneficiaries with "scraps" fed to the rest!!! This is another victory for the populist movement and "what a scalp" in the global effort to reek chaos and disenchantment in as many countries that they can target with their absolutely successful methods of influencing particular groups of people in the likes of the USA, Brazil, various African and Caribbean countries (and more!!!) and the "common factor" is that the incoming government is a populist one - BE AFRAID FFS, THIS IS NOT JUST HAPPENING HERE AND IT IS NOT SOME KINDA INNOCENT GAME BEING PLAYED OUT!!! These people lean towards subversion of the law and blatant criminality and undemocratic means if forced to do so and they will do it with impunity because the likes of Corbyn didn't even achieve a healthy opposition in parliament - a total f###### idiot (plus other "blinkered" associates in his team!!!) who naively led lotsa good Labour people into a political trap and political oblivion!!! THAT IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF AND IT SURPRISES ME THAT HE STILL REMAINS IN LABOUR'S FRONT BENCH RANKS AT TODAY'S PARLIAMENT!!

- "Why the f### did Corbyn concede to having this Xmas General Election??????????????????? "

Because the lib dems and the SNP went for it. He had no choice.

Also note the date for the withdrawal agreement ceasing - coincides nicely with the new EU tax avoidance laws which come into place in 1 july.

See that was corbyn's real crime asking those at the very top to pay a bit more to give us a healthier society.