Sports Babble - sports forum
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... (/showthread.php?tid=8947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Amelia Chaffinch - 12-12-2019

Well one of my colleagues has said they can't vote anything but labour when push came to shove. Fingers crossed.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 11:34)hibeejim21 Wrote: Survation were closest last time out, and they are predicting pretty much a Tory landslide.

The only hope is the young, newly registered voters come from under the radar, and tactical voting kicks in. But it's a tall order, the political system here is a joke

I think Nicola Sturgeon, Ian Blackford and other critics of the Westminster system of voting have been "spot on" for a long time - the political system is "broken" and this result is just gonna add more "fuel to the fire" that has polarised and split the country for a long time!!! The FPTP voting system is crap and should've been reformed years ago by a proper free-thinking, pragmatic British govt that has never existed!! It is still used here - one of only three other countries to use it out of 43 nations in Europe!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - WBA-Josh - 12-12-2019

I decided to vote Andrew George, the Lib Dem candidate.

I’ve been impressed with what I’ve read about him and he has the best chance of beating the Tory MP Derek Thomas.

Labour doesn’t do well here so my usual Labour vote wouldn’t get Thomas out.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - theo_luddite - 12-12-2019

[Image: hJ8E-JSkAtJPtyZk5GHnvHsjf4R-J87AVgR8zIaR...77-h479-no]

Fingers crossed  Thumb up

Of course this dipshit hasn't helped

[Image: Npwo5H8ZB59WvDqWvXSf8QrI3m_29fbT6wpZG39h...06-h340-no]

and never has a truer word been said

[Image: IdOTqOEXc6P7FL_A5ZGEaHOXWWStSdcvzAw4pfyV...60-h535-no]

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - WBA-Josh - 12-12-2019

It’ll be the highlight of 2019 if Boris loses his seat in the early hours of the morning.

It would be a great story for the Grandkids in 50 years time.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - St Charles Owl - 13-12-2019

The traditionally accurate IPSOS-Mori poll is predicting a Tory majority of 86 seats!!  if this pans out it will be a huge, maybe generational defeat for Labour!!!  Brexit here we come!! Sick

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - WBA-Josh - 13-12-2019

I’m taking the exit poll with a pinch of salt at the moment but if it is somewhat accurate and the Tories get their majority even with all the lies, deceit and blaming everyone else that we’ve seen from the Tories in the campaign then I will despair at the state of our politics.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 13-12-2019

Looking at the exit polls, it looks like a projected grim result overall for the UK with a huge Tory majority and potentially Labour's worst defeat since 1935!! I'll prematurely sympathise with my English members on this board because this looks like a Corbyn catastrophe that I feared privately for a while. Meanwhile in Scotland the SNP have "done their bit" - over 50 seats expected (55 predicted!), the safest Tory Borders seat in Scotland massively under threat and amazingly Edinburgh South is on a 50-50 footing, Stirling marginal seat 99% certain to be SNP - SNP SUPPORTERS COMING OUT IN THEIR DROVES FOR THIS ONE (>80%) AND IT APPEARS TO BE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, ALL SEATS IN EDINBURGH COULD BE SNP - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! It looks like a predicted massive success for the people of Scotland with a clear message from the SNP - if you want independence/pro EU, vote SNP - it really is as simple as that!! Our politics are totally different compared to the poisonous political antics re Brexit in England and we look like a totally different European country from our southern neighbours. Fun n games as I'm listening to some Unionists shit heids on bbc who "cannae take a beating", an "electoral landslide", and uttering some of the most anti-democratic, disrespectful shit that people up here are getting accustomed to hearing and that's why we despise them with a passion!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 13-12-2019

Scotland and England are now 2 completely different electoral entities, another independence referendum has to be the next step.

Im not even convinced we'd win, such is the level of political discourse these days. The media runs the whole thing.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 13-12-2019

Jim, I totally agree it is another hurdle to "jump over" when it eventually comes and the British state will "throw everything" at the Scottish populace to deter lotsa people again as experienced in 2014. I'm just curious to see how undemocratic Johnson and his fascist chums are gonna be because they are shit heids 100% with a shit heid agenda to ignore and tell Scotland to f### off - the words of our equal Unionist partner (NOT!) and we will be on a constitutional "collision course". It is clear we are two very different countries with totally different political values and directions - progressive, pragmatic governance v shameless fascists who should be nowhere near 10 Downing Street but it looks like England has been "landed" with these bastards AGAIN!! ALSO LOOKS LIKE THE SNP WILL JUST WIN SWINSON'S SEAT IN E DUNBARTONSHIRE - A BIG SCALP, FINGERS CROSSED!! One caveat re the Scot exit poll figures is there are still a few marginal seats to consider - I hope we win them all BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A "LANDSLIDE VICTORY" FOR THE SNP ANYWAY AND THE SCOTTISH PRESS ARE "GOING WITH IT"!