Sports Babble - sports forum
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... (/showthread.php?tid=8947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - WBA-Josh - 29-11-2019

In my constituency of St Ives, which includes where I live in Penzance, the choice I have is Tory, Lib Dem or Labour. I’ll never vote for the Tory considering the under funding that Cornwall has received in the past 9 years. The Lib Dem is the best challenger to displace the incumbent Tory but I trust them as far as I can throw them. That leaves Labour which I’d normally vote for and will probably vote for again, even though the chances of her winning are low because this part of Cornwall is Liberal leaning Conservative in general.

Penzance has been hit over the years and the Government has played a role in that yet a lot of the people here will still probably vote for the Tory candidate, which will be mind boggling but not surprising considering people like voting against their best interests.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 29-11-2019

Boris is still trying to confuse people by making out the withdrawal agreement is the same as a 'deal with the EU'. It isn't, and it's quite sad that the press are allowing him to perpetuate that lie.

Johnson clearly thinks that a trade agreement will be possible by the end of next year (it wont) but if it isn't by that point he will pull the UK out on WTO terms rather than wait longer to get a deal through.

Trouble is the public think he is still talking about the WA.

(29-11-2019, 01:03)WBA-Josh Wrote: In my constituency of St Ives, which includes where I live in Penzance, the choice I have is Tory, Lib Dem or Labour. I’ll never vote for the Tory considering the under funding that Cornwall has received in the past 9 years. The Lib Dem is the best challenger to displace the incumbent Tory but I trust them as far as I can throw them. That leaves Labour which I’d normally vote for and will probably vote for again, even though the chances of her winning are low because this part of Cornwall is Liberal leaning Conservative in general.

Penzance has been hit over the years and the Government has played a role in that yet a lot of the people here will still probably vote for the Tory candidate, which will be mind boggling but not surprising considering people like voting against their best interests.

I visited penzance not that long ago and was surprised at how run down and sad looking the place was.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 29-11-2019

Don't forget the shameless Tories keep preaching about righting all the wrongs that have been foisted on all these deprived regions, the welfare state etc etc. BUT THEY ARE THE ONES WHO CREATED THE PROBS AND IT IS LAUGHABLE TO SEE JOHNSON DIVORCING HIMSELF FROM CULPABLE TORY GOVERNMENTS OF WHICH HE WAS A MEMBER!!!
Another highly amusing media "incident" was Channel Four's iced sculpture of Johnson after he declined to participate in a leaders' debate re climate change. The Tory response to this action has been "priceless" with various threats made to Channel Four officials and a formal complaint lodged with OFCOM. THEY ARE NOT ACCUSTOMED TO THIS TREATMENT AS THEY HAVE CONTROLLED THE MAJORITY OF THE UK MEDIA AND IMO THEIR PLAN IS TO DO WHAT THEY DID IN THE TORY LEADER CAMPAIGN IN THE SUMMER - MINIMISE JOHNSON BEING SCRUTINISED PROPERLY IN FULL VIEW OF THE PUBLIC! And incidentally, he has just been exposed on LBC when questioned on how many LTAs have been negotiated - not many btw and he absolutely embarrassed himself as a bumbling, blustering shit heid who didn't wanna answer such a searching question. This scrutiny must be forced on him much more in the coming weeks and get him "out of his comfort zone" where it will be observed that he should be nowhere near the office of a British PM!! WE DO NOT WANT ANOTHER "LIGHTWEIGHT" BACK DOOR PM AND YET WE APPEAR TO BE ON THE BRINK OF SUCH FOLLY AGAIN!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 29-11-2019

yeah, he actually sent his dad and Michael Gove to a LEADERS debate. Laugh Laugh Laugh

what an arsehole.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 30-11-2019

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/29/trump-agrees-not-wade-general-election-uk-visit-boris-johnson/

So Trump is visiting the UK next week and it is an apt "heads up" to the title of my original OP re "Trump sticks his nose in the UK General Election". Trump pre-warned by the Tories/Johnson to "distance himself" from them and it goes "hand in hand" with their plan to "ghost" their way into no 10 Downing Street with minimal scrutiny or public exposure of Johnson's frailties because they believe they have the populist support in the country that is very similar to what has previously happened in America. However, will Trump conform with this instruction with his populist buddies on this side of the "pond" esp when quizzed by the British media or is he not gonna meet any press/media people at all? I just wish he'd invited his ultra-right wing populist buddy, Steve Bannon and others to meet up with the Tory architects of the next populist takeover of a western country and a huge chunk of an English population that could well n truly be duped by all the crumby sound bites, rhetoric and innuendo (through data streams) plus "scapegoating" that is "part n parcel" of the process of "capturing" the "stoopid vote" as Trump describes them in filmed documentaries before he eventually became the US President. Lets hope the President does "open his trap" too much and the whole conspiracy is inadvertently revealed to signal the collapse of this fascist group of Tory chancers!!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 30-11-2019

(22-11-2019, 14:17)0762 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/general-election/the-great-brexit-dilemma/ar-BBX92p2?ocid=spartandhp

The great dilemma for many voters up and down the country eh!! One thing that "flies out in my face" from this article is the fact that Nicola Sturgeon is so far ahead of impostors/lightweight politicians like Johnson, Corbyn or the pretentious Jo Swinson that she doesn't need to do too much to prove it!! The Scottish "Merkel" and she is "head n shoulders" above these chancers when one considers the concerted, biased media/press attacks on Scotland that never cease and yet the majority of the Scottish population have consistently "stood firm" on who is the best political party to support Scottish interests. And Nicola picks up another award last night:-
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18052893.nicola-sturgeon-named-herald-scottish-politician-year-2019/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/26/johnson-corbyn-sturgeon-vote-snp-leadership-scotland

Following on from my previous thread, this is a very good Guardian article re the impressive persona of Nicola as she thrives and mellows from debate to debate in England - clearly lotsa people have not seen much of her down there and, as I said previously, she is the Scottish version of Angela Merkel and it wouldn't take long for her to relegate two political "huddies" like Johnson and Corbyn to an appropriate bin full of the most lightweight ex UK PMs that you could ever come across!! Who was the last great British PM when one considers all the attributes that are actually required to gain such merit? Now that is a question to seriously ponder as we continue through our "journey of life" and observe the same failing at this level of governance.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnsons-visit-to-london-bridge-is-pure-pr-all-he-cares-about-is-himself/ar-BBXzc0S?ocid=spartandhp

A good report and as I commented previously - these Tory fascists don't care about people and I wish a lotta voters in England would start to acknowledge that fact and stop trying to convince themselves they are electable.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 30-11-2019

New independent poll today has the tory lead cut to 6% over big bad jezza.

If that's true (and one or two others are pointing in a similar direction) it's going to be very, very tight for the tories to get a working majority.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 01-12-2019

Listening on the radio to Johnson's response to Andrew Marr's criticism of the lack of govt action that is one of the reasons for the terrorist attack on London Bridge - 10 YEARS TO DO SOMETHING AND MARR REPEATING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN WHILE JOHNSON "BODYSWERVING" THE ISSUE. Then Johnson attempts to blame Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party ha ha ha ha Laugh I'm afraid Corbyn was not a member of any previous shit Tory govt Mr Johnson lol!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 01-12-2019

ITS ALL LABOURS FAULT!!!!!

Who's been running the place for the last 10 years ffs ?