Sports Babble - sports forum
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... (/showthread.php?tid=8947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - spireitematt - 28-11-2019

(28-11-2019, 01:37)hibeejim21 Wrote: That YouGov poll tonight shows the tories talking 47 seats from labour predominately leave voting seats in the midlands and North East Yorkshire.

Why they are literally prepared to vote for a bunch of billionaire funded toffs who will impoverish them I don't know. I do know it will finish the UK off though and maybe that's what needs to happen.

I think it's because they think that Johnson is a winner and that Corbyn is a loser which is how they are both portrayed by the mainstream media, I think people like to back a winner or be on the winning side. It's that sort of mentality. People vote for themselves not for other people, they think how will it benefit them personally not how it will benefit everybody.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 28-11-2019

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/boris-johnson-heading-for-68-seat-majority-at-general-election-reveals-shock-poll/ar-BBXrdr2?ocid=spartandhp

Yep! I totally agree with that view Jim - a lotta unthinking, stupid lunatics down south (lots n lots of them!) who are gonna cause a "worst case" political nightmare for the country, just before Xmas FFS, if this poll is to be believed and backing a fascist government, full of f######, racists, Islamophobes and wealthy carpetbaggers, that will be synonymous with the worst period of Thatcher and the shit that people had to endure for well over a decade - GOD HELP US IF THIS COMES TO PASS!!! What concerns me greatly is that it could pave the way to a "collision course" with the Scottish govt and the SNP and I base that concern wholly on the antagonistic, patronising comments that have consistently been uttered by these shameless Tory c##### for a long time. I AM HUGELY CONCERNED AND I WILL FIND IT VERY HARD TO ENDURE MORE OF THE COLONIAL BULLSHIT THAT WILL COME FROM TORY OFFICIALS IN SCOTLAND WHO WILL REPRESENT A POLITICAL MINORITY UP HERE WHO PERSIST IN "TAKING THE PISS" WITH THEIR PATRONISING SHIT RE SCOT INDY ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC!!! SOMETHING HAS GOTTA GIVE!! Corbyn must try to "up his game" but he only has two weeks to do it!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 28-11-2019

I can't see any way back for corbyn now. Years of vilification from the media and his own lack of decisiveness over brexit have finished him.

If England is daft enough to return the Tories with their kamikaze No Deal Brexit, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will be gone in short order and it'll be Little England, 51st State of trump before you know it.

Thats what's at stake here.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 28-11-2019

I must say I am still stumped re the huge "remain" population appearing to be insignificant in this election campaign so far!!? I don't get it!! Listening to Prof John Curtice this morning debating this recent YouGov poll and he is reflecting on many smaller polls across the country that have a common theme where the Tory lead on Labour is actually narrowing slightly and, if it drops to 7 pts, it is "game on" - a small ray of hope! Also from poll forecasts up here in Scotland it looks like all Tory seats will be wiped out - something I wanna see happening TBF and esp that seat held by that shameless Brexit Tory bastard, the contemptuous Sec of State for Scotland, Alister Jack, another hob-nobbing "rich boy" - I have no time whatsoever for their divisive politics and an ideology and political values that are totally flawed and "out of touch" in a country like Scotland. And supporting Johnson, a hated figure in Scotland apart from the RW lunatic fringe (still in a minority up here) + the blinkered hob nob rich (only vote Tory)? Very unwise esp after taking an opposite anti Johnson stance before Davidson was ignominiously deposed by this fascist PM.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 28-11-2019

Fact is that outside of Scotland,northern Ireland and the major metropolitan areas there is no huge remain vote.

So trying to decide a referendum via first past the post is bonkers, not to mention a general election based around the issue.

That poll has the Lib Dems taking one seat from their uber- hardcore, revoke article 50 and remain stance....one seat.

As far as I can remember, a good number of the major cities in England were "remain" cities as well Jim. Also reflecting back to the 2016 EU referendum, the vote was near enough a "split vote" and as far as I can make out, there has never been any opinion poll in England in the past year that showed that the "leave" vote was significant over the view that the UK should remain in the EU. So there must be lotsa voters out there who comprise part of the original 16M who voted to remain in the EU and that figure has naturally increased since then.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - spireitematt - 28-11-2019

Someone I know is voting Conservative because his parents have told him he has to. I also know several people who are voting Conservative because they don't like Corbyn.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Amelia Chaffinch - 28-11-2019

Yes, Matt, that's the view from South Yorkshire as well.

And if I hear one more time that Margaret Thatcher would have sorted Brexit, I won't be responsible for my actions!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - theo_luddite - 29-11-2019

Can't say I like Corbyn much myself, think he has woefully under-performed as a leader given the incompetence of the clowns in charge for the last (how long?) thick end of 10 years. That said, the Tory press would rather throw a Labour leader under the bus than one of their own and always will.

As much as I don't like Corbyn, I can't stand Johnson, nor can I understand those that do. You point out everything he did to squander money as mayor of London - "I don't live in London, nothing to do with me". He gets quizzed on years of Tory cuts and austerity. " I wasn't Prime Minister, nothing to do with me".

We've 3 Labour MP's in Wolverhampton, yes the town and now city of the "Rivers of Blood". One's on a very blunt knife edge, one's comfortable, the other should be a shoe-in. Except, 2/3rds of the numpties round here voted Leave. The other 1/3rd of numpties round here voted the same way as me. That tells me the Brexit party is more likely to split the Labour Vote than the Tory vote. Previously, the minorities in all the seats put together wouldn't have won a seat between them. Hell, most don't even get their deposits back.

So given that, oh and the only other options in my constiuency are Lib-Dem - they car crashed out as soon as someone was silly enough let them into a TV, debate, only 2000 votes last time, The Greens, keep hugging the trees folks, just into 3 figures last time, , and The divisive Brexshiteers , weren't around last time.

Hell, as much as I don't think any sitting MP should be allowed anywhere near a ballot paper with their own name on, the other options are an even bigger waste of space (trying to keep it polite, as a certain Prince allegedly said).

If nobody votes, do they all go home or do we have to put up with the same crap from the same idiots in charge of something not one of them received a vote for?

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 29-11-2019

There is always the option of at least entering a polling booth but "spoiling" the paper as a gesture re the shit choice that is available to voters - I'm sure there are millions of decent voters out there who do feel that way and have not got a clue who to vote for while there are other numpties who know that Johnson is a buffoon but they'll vote for him anyway - a bit like the Trump phenomenon that SCO has referred to before where this lunatic broad base of support would back him even if he murdered somebody in Times Square.

(28-11-2019, 21:18)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Yes, Matt, that's the view from South Yorkshire as well.

And if I hear one more time that Margaret Thatcher would have sorted Brexit, I won't be responsible for my actions!

The mere mention of Thatcher "gets my hackles up" even after all the previous years of real hardship that this shameless, uncaring Tory PM imposed on whole communities of people, in some cases even destroying them!! Ian Rankin's (the author) live bbc radio comment a few years ago really summed up how many people in the UK despised this callous woman - "I'd piss on her gravestone" said Ian, who was from a Fife mining community and not a narrow minded, stupid person either!! Strong stuff and can you remember during the Tory leadership period in the summer how many of these Tory candidates, some of them women, had pictures of Thatcher placed on their desk or table - wowwwwwwwww!!!?? It reminded me of German officers in war movies with their pictures or paintings of Hitler!! Also how often have you ever seen a state/govt try to ban a hit record - remember the huge popularity of the song, "The wicked witch is dead", amid the celebrations when Thatcher died!! The Tory fanatics/Thatcher lovers just couldn't take the irreverence from many people throughout the country!! Unbelievable but it sums them up in a nutshell!! A lotta people in England seem to have very short memories. Indeed the fickleness is breathtaking!!