Sports Babble - sports forum
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... (/showthread.php?tid=8947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 25-11-2019

I
My wife is English and she's as big a. SNP fan as you will find.

That said there's loads of things I really love about England, especially the people.

It's been a hard gig for us scots lefties of late....the Tories have been rubbing it in our faces for years now.

I apologise for any offence my comments might have caused

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Amelia Chaffinch - 25-11-2019

It's just sometimes you sound like you're having a go at all England when I think your problem is Westminster. I know it's a point that I have done to death but there are many parts of England that have been left to rot and we really have a lot in common with you. Not that I want to turn it into a Monty Python sketch in a "when I was young I had to live in a cardboard box" so you can beat with a "luxury! When I was young I had to live in a hole in the road" kind of way!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 26-11-2019

Yep! I can remember and relate to that Monty Python sketch but showing my age lol! I perceive that an interpretation issue can arise when criticising the extreme events that are happening politically in another part of the country and particularly in Westminster where our Scot MPs have certainly been subjected to unacceptable levels of disrespect and disregard for long enough by so called reputable Members of Parliament and officials of a British govt that is touted as an "equal partner" of the Union - NOT SO and it is extremely irritating and unacceptable for many observing Scots. I believe that many parts of England have been deliberately "left to rot" by the Tories who still regard these areas as past problems for this particular political party. The long period of neglect in these areas is a "giveaway" and it spans decades. Did Blair's government of "red Tories" ever do enough either? I don't think so and that was a betrayal of many Labour strongholds - the Labour Party impudently "took them for granted"!! So there is a common factor in Scotland where the Labour Party behaved similarly and we Scots kept being landed with mainstream political parties with ideologies that did not match up to the future aspirations of a Scottish electorate that wants to see a major change in direction. Note the latest OP data predict that Labour will only retain one constituency seat, the one held by Ian Murray in S Edinburgh, compliments of his "footie vote", and ironically the Labour Party/TUs want to get rid of him because he is "out of touch" with Corbyn, he's a Blairite! Scotland has not been "left to rot" and a big factor that has mitigated this kinda scenario is the establishment of Scot devolution and a devolved Scottish Parliament that has gradually evolved since 1997. However, the Scot govt does not have enough powers - promised in 2015 but the recommended deal was unfulfilled by certain deceitful unionists and a UK govt that did not follow through on their own consultation report!! Progressive governance still prevails up here and most people realise that it is governance under difficult fiscal circumstances since the start of the UK austerity measures in 2008. Many Scots realise that, for example, the official 7% deficit is hugely affected by British govt activities due to the "limited powers" that I previously mentioned. Our real deficit should be much lower than that. They also realise there is much more to do and achieve in pushing towards a fairer society and a positive direction for the better good of the country in years to come. At the moment, it looks like independence is inevitable and that concluding "end goal" will be heavily influenced by the extreme political events in England which lotsa folk regarded as extremely depressing for too long.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 26-11-2019

(24-11-2019, 18:09)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: You know all this is causing such division. I put divisive comments on myself yesterday and got rid of them when I realised I was being dragged into the resentment that is everywhere at the moment. There is a toxic atmosphere that is nothing like I have seen before. It's worrying.

Now the Chief Rabbi, endorsed by Cardinal Welbey (COE), resurrecting the criticism of Labour's anti-Semitism policy in an electoral sense! Well-timed and the cynic in me wonders if MOSSAD are somehow involved in this because, lets be clear about it - the State of Israel will relish dealing with a fascist Tory government! Then suddenly a barrage of criticism is directed at the Conservative govt and political party by officials of the Muslim Council and slamming into the Islamophobic behaviour of PM Johnson - a history of bias that is well documented. They also highlight the presence of lotsa Tory candidates/antagonists who have been "found out" with comms to Tommy Robinson/EDL and others with fascist, Islamophobic comments logged on Twitter and yet never properly dealt with by the C&U Party. Somebody also convince me that there is no anti-Semitism within Tory ranks as well eh!! In summary, the whole thing sucks and is as toxic as it gets!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 26-11-2019

The chief rabbi is an enormous fan of Boris Johnson.

Nuff said.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 27-11-2019

Then why don't the bbc just highlight that fact as well eh!!? Of course, I forgot that factions within their organisation are pro-Tory, contrary to the bbc's preaching about their journalistic code of impartiality - can't allow negative actions that will damage their favoured Tory political party during an election campaign! Rolleyes
Meanwhile I'm watching Johnson, together with his Scot Tory hypocrites introducing their Scot manifesto from a location hidden away from the Scottish public in Inverkeithing, Fife, in front of a bunch of Tory hob nobs who absolutely "stand out like a sore thumb". Johnson, a hated Tory figure in Scotland, shamelessly asking for support from disaffected Labour voters while condemning Scotindy aspirations and then audaciously trying to tell a Scot population that is opposed to Brexit, and voted against it, that it "has to be done" - a cheeky, impudent Tory bastard who certainly has no regard for anyone but himself and hiding away in this secluded location because he knows full well that many staunch Scot activists would terrorise him and his scumbag Scot cohorts who previously "blackballed him" as a future PM!!! Listening to his minion of a turncoat Scottish Tory "lead man", Jackson Carlaw, making critical comments on devolved issues just proves how "out of touch" these c###s actually are - IT IS NOT A SCOTTISH GENERAL ELECTION YOU F###### PRAT. SO STOP TALKING ABOUT DEVOLVED MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe the bcc have not challenged this irrelevant narrative but there you go - not that surprising!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 27-11-2019

.....and Jeremy Corbyn pulls out a potential "political bombshell" as he reveals a 451 page redacted UK govt document, part of which outlining how the US want full market access to the NHS while Johnson reacts with an outright lie that the Tories have no interest in privatising the NHS. They are already doing it and have been since 2012 when a formal right of choice to "go private" on the NHS was enacted (two tier provision) plus many services have been privatised - it has been gradually pervaded with stealth and Corbyn must focus and elaborate on the whole negative history of intrusion during this period plus the massive reduction in revenue provision in the past decade.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 27-11-2019

The greater population won't care - they see things in simple soundbites like 'get Brexit done' and 'keep out corbyn'

The key part in the document is :

"USTR were also clear that the UK-EU situation would be determinative: there would be all to play for in a no deal situation, but UK commitment to the customs union and single market would make a US-UK FTA a non-starter".

Drug patenting in the USA is vastly more expensive than the UK.

As corbyn points out :

'In fact, negotiations have advanced even further than we feared they had. The US and UK have already finished initial discussion on lengthening patents for medicines.

Longer patents mean only one thing – more expensive drugs. Lives will be put at risk as a result of this.

Many out-of-patent medicines available cheaply here are vastly more expensive under patent law in the US.

The drug Humira for Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis costs our NHS £1,409 a packet. In the US, the same packet costs £8,115. Get the difference – £1,409 in our NHS, £8,115 in the USA.

One of the reasons for US drug prices being on average 250%  higher than of those here is a patent regime rigged for the big pharmaceutical companies ...

If you look at the readout of the second meeting, on page 51, UK officials report that “patent issues” around “NHS access to generic drugs will be a key consideration” in talks.

The US want a no deal Brexit so they and their pals like Farage,banks and the ERG can get very rich off the back of sell offs like this.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - spireitematt - 27-11-2019

If or when it happens the public will be in uproar but then the media will influence them to vote Tory at the next election. If they get there foot in the door on supplying the drugs for the health service then it won't stop there. Noam Chomsky said "That's the standard technique of privatisation: defund, make sure things don't work, people get angry, you hand it over to private capital". Big business, banks and the Tories piss on us and then the BBC and the media tell us it's raining and the worrying thing is people believe it.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 28-11-2019

That YouGov poll tonight shows the tories talking 47 seats from labour predominately leave voting seats in the midlands and North East Yorkshire.

Why they are literally prepared to vote for a bunch of billionaire funded toffs who will impoverish them I don't know. I do know it will finish the UK off though and maybe that's what needs to happen.