Sports Babble - sports forum
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... (/showthread.php?tid=8947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 22-11-2019

(21-11-2019, 19:17)spireitematt Wrote: This is getting really worrying now. The Tories have doctored an interview from 3rd October with Jess Phillips talking about manifestos and the Tories are trying to say that it was done today. They've also gone and created a website called https://www.labourmanifesto.co.uk/# and they have gone top of the search list on Google to sort of pretend that they are the Labour party and that's the website to read the Labour manifesto.

The Electoral Commission has just warned the Tories re that previous Factchecker UK violation on Twitter. Surely this is another gross violation that merits a final warning by the EC???????? Can a competing political party finally be banned if they do not comply with the warnings that have already been issued????? I think the power should be there with the EC to "wield the axe" as I agree with Jim that we are dealing with desperate people/Tories who are fascists (no argument on this!!) and I believe they will break the law, if necessary, to achieve their aims!! If they do that then they should be banned from participation IMO.
Meanwhile I notice the Labour Party manifesto promising 5% pay increases for nurses, Police, public servants and tax increases to be made - almost double intake compared with the 2017 manifesto! More spending, more taxes, more capital investment, more borrowing! Curious. Note we are currently £1.8T in debt.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 22-11-2019

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/general-election/the-great-brexit-dilemma/ar-BBX92p2?ocid=spartandhp

The great dilemma for many voters up and down the country eh!! One thing that "flies out in my face" from this article is the fact that Nicola Sturgeon is so far ahead of impostors/lightweight politicians like Johnson, Corbyn or the pretentious Jo Swinson that she doesn't need to do too much to prove it!! The Scottish "Merkel" and she is "head n shoulders" above these chancers when one considers the concerted, biased media/press attacks on Scotland that never cease and yet the majority of the Scottish population have consistently "stood firm" on who is the best political party to support Scottish interests. And Nicola picks up another award last night:-
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18052893.nicola-sturgeon-named-herald-scottish-politician-year-2019/

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 22-11-2019

Salmonds charges up.

If even a fraction is true he is an absolute scumbag.

He has not been judged to be guilty yet Jim and I'm intrigued to see how this whole story unfolds in a Scot High Court esp after the disappointing revelation that there are 13 offences to take account of. I notice the Tory press up here are having a "Salmond fest" when one observes the newspaper spreads at the local newsagent - still trying to "politicise" this subject but that is the scumbag behaviour that they have practised for long enough. For example, the fascist Daily Mail is always quick to pick up on any negative aspect covering the SNP government but whenever a Tory govt individual is exposed in some kinda scandal or embarrassment (eg Patel previously sacked for unofficial liaison with Israeli officials or Johnson's scandals as London Mayor), their front page headline never refers to a similar misdemeanour and reverts to talking about anything other than that kinda negativity that would damage the reputation of their favoured political backers/party!!!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 23-11-2019

(22-11-2019, 14:17)0762 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/general-election/the-great-brexit-dilemma/ar-BBX92p2?ocid=spartandhp

The great dilemma for many voters up and down the country eh!! One thing that "flies out in my face" from this article is the fact that Nicola Sturgeon is so far ahead of impostors/lightweight politicians like Johnson, Corbyn or the pretentious Jo Swinson that she doesn't need to do too much to prove it!! The Scottish "Merkel" and she is "head n shoulders" above these chancers when one considers the concerted, biased media/press attacks on Scotland that never cease and yet the majority of the Scottish population have consistently "stood firm" on who is the best political party to support Scottish interests. And Nicola picks up another award last night:-
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18052893.nicola-sturgeon-named-herald-scottish-politician-year-2019/

I didn't watch the bbc's political party leaders' debate tonight but skimming through the reviews of it from different voting groups and other sources, Nicola coming out of this with glowing reports - I loved some English undecided voters saying she was "quite impressive" lol while one woman mourned the fact she couldn't vote for Nicola to rule in a Westminster parliament - priceless!! And Jo Swinson "shot down in flames" by the bbc audience (surprise, surprise, NOT!); Johnson and Corbyn generally regarded as unimpressive and "much of a muchness" about them lol!! However, Corbyn now declaring himself politically neutral on Brexit - another news snippet for him to throw at the press and "get into the limelight" tomorrow morning with this latest revelation!

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - St Charles Owl - 23-11-2019

To be fair, Corbyn said he would remain neutral on a new referendum if Labour won and he was able to negotiate a new deal to put forward for public vote. He wasn't referring to anything else other than him winning the GE, getting a new deal and then holding a second referendum.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - spireitematt - 23-11-2019

(23-11-2019, 01:21)0762 Wrote:
(22-11-2019, 14:17)0762 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/general-election/the-great-brexit-dilemma/ar-BBX92p2?ocid=spartandhp

I didn't watch the bbc's political party leaders' debate tonight but skimming through the reviews of it from different voting groups and other sources, Nicola coming out of this with glowing reports - I loved some English undecided voters saying she was "quite impressive" lol while one woman mourned the fact she couldn't vote for Nicola to rule in a Westminster parliament - priceless!! And Jo Swinson "shot down in flames" by the bbc audience (surprise, surprise, NOT!); Johnson and Corbyn generally regarded as unimpressive and "much of a muchness" about them lol!! However, Corbyn now declaring himself politically neutral on Brexit - another news snippet for him to throw at the press and "get into the limelight" tomorrow morning with this latest revelation!

I did watch it!!! I have to disagree with your opinion. Corbyn came out top, he answered the questions clearly and talked about a whole range of different issues and he did say that he would be neutral in a referendum on the Brexit deal. Nicola Sturgeon did do pretty well but didn't come out on top, she focused too much on independence, she confirmed she would like a 2nd Scottish referendum but would not want a referendum on a deal. She spoke well and came across well but a lot of people thought it was pointless seeing as no one south of the border can vote for the SNP. Jo Swinson was dreadful, a few people in the audience said they voted Remain in the referendum but think it's wrong to revoke the decision without asking the people again. I watched an interview she did for ITV and she think's she's not taken seriously because she's a woman and because she's young but that's got nothing to do with it. Nicola Sturgeon is a woman and people take her seriously. As for Boris Johnson he struggled badly and seemed to bring every question back to getting Brexit done and talking about what he did when he was Mayor of London etc. He seemed to sort of justify his comments that he's made about people in the past as 'free speech'.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 23-11-2019

Swinson was a wreck last night, she's toast I reckon.

Corbyn spoke very well, was measured and calm and got his manifesto over.

Sturgeon was very good I thought, if she was leading labour they would get a majority this election.

Boris was his usual self. A total empy vessel.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - 0762 - 23-11-2019

I must add an extra comment re Nicola Sturgeon. She is assured because she knows what she wants and has been comfortable on the issues re Scottish interests/aspirations for a very long time. Also she is not vying for the position of UK PM. She represents an electorate that generally wants a fairer society and that will be reflected in the forthcoming supportive voting pattern in Scotland. So, win or lose, Jeremy Corbyn represents the end of the Union. If he wins, Labour will almost certainly be dependent on SNP votes to hold power for a full five-year term. The cost of that support is simple - a second indy referendum in the autumn of 2021 at the very latest. If Corbyn loses (far more likely at the moment), progressive Unionists in Scotland will have to face an inescapable truth - the Scottish electorate seems equipped and prepared to build a fair society. The English electorate does not.

RE: A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it.... - hibeejim21 - 24-11-2019

Latest forecasts suggest a Tory majority of around 50.