Sports Babble - sports forum
The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8817)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Owlkev71 - 11-09-2019

THE MATCH

SUNDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER 12:00PM KICK OFF

[Image: Football_Huddersfield.png] V [Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg]

[b]LAST MATCH

Our final game before the international break was pretty dour as we went down 1-2 to QPR. We showed a few flashes in the first half and went ahead when FF was fouled in the area and Fletcher finished clinically from the spot. Both team had a few chances in a even first half. The 2nd half came and it appeared we had a started the Int break early as QPR dominated and courtesy of 2 goals in five minutes deservedly won the game (although both goals could have been offside). We never really looked like scoring in what turned out to be Bullens last game as caretaker manager as Gary Monk was appointed as our new Gaffer.

THE MATCH

Another team with a new manager as the Cowley brothers were appointed on Monday. Huddersfield survived the first season in the Prem Lge but struggled badly in there 2nd season and were relegated. They have struggled since there return to the Championship, drawing 1 and losing 5 as they linger in 23rd place. There last win came on the 26th Feb against Wolves, which was 16 games ago, so we all know how the script will go on Sunday lunchtime Doh  Doh  Doh

CURRENT FORM

OWLS               -            Angry  Big Grin  Angry  Big Grin  Angry  Big Grin    

HUDDS             -            Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Confused  Angry

THE BASTARD IN THE BLACK

SIMON HOOPER
Derek Eaton and Shaun Hudson
Fourth Official : Darren Bond

THE TEAM

Well, a new manager in charge, will we see something a bit different. I'm fairly certain he plays a back four so it will be how the midfield and attack will line-up which might be different or not. Seems like he played 4231 with Leeds and 433 with Boro. Remember he will be getting advice from Bullen so don't be surprised if the team looks familiar.

Possible line-up (433)

Westwood
Palmer Bates Borner Fox
Bannan Hutch Reach
Murphy Fletcher Harris

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

1-2 Harris

POSSESSION X FOULS

BML STANDINGS

Washington 4
Stateside 4
Owlkev 3
Southey 2
Pei 1
SCO 1

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Charlton v Birmingham
Middlesboro v Reading
QPR v Luton
Swansea v Forest
Barnsley v Leeds

HHAHA

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7264048]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]
[Image: rs_600x600-170411105514-634-kate-beckins...quality=90]

One for Washington Big Grin

[Image: tenor_(23).gif.3c925357901b17f362d244cf49410d62.gif]

The thread awaits the Meggo of Statesides choice.[/b]

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Washington - 11-09-2019

1-2 Fletcher

HDHHA

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - St Charles Owl - 11-09-2019

Can't see Monk making many changes for this game, not really enough time to do that.

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Was Wereham Owl - 11-09-2019

1-2 Reach

DHDHA

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Imre varadi - 11-09-2019

Like Kev says and we all know ! It's will still be Bullen pulling most of the strings and probably we will have to wait a good few weeks before monk gets rid of dogshite like bannan fox and Palmer !
Hopefully though as he is an attacking manager he will see straight through these incompetent idiots before ht ? Or even better he already knows like my 6 year old !
We will be lucky to get a draw and I suppose the village won't be wanting much more than that either !
Normally it would have 0-0 written all over this fixture ..but !!! Both managers are open to attack and I think monk will outwit cowely as Bullen did in pre season ! Lincoln were more open than a Rocco's whores arsehole after he'd finished spitting in it and what knot !
1-3 Harris
Dddddd

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Statesideowl - 11-09-2019

Nice one, Kev.

I can see us scraping a draw here. We started so well and went down hill rapidly.

I'd stick Rhodes on to play against them.

2-2 Rhodes

AHHAA

Can he put one past them?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1096]

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Imre varadi - 11-09-2019

He's more likely to miss a pen a sitter and score for them !

But I would go with him and Fletcher upfront with 2 wing backs ..umbongo and iorfo ! Play Palmer or fox and you may aswell sit Rhodes in the stand with his village family !

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - peiowl - 12-09-2019

1-1 Fletcher

Hhhhh

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Imre varadi - 13-09-2019

Lees touch and go ...so i cant see him starting ! which for me is hopefully a blessing unless Iorfa gets picked to play center back instead of Bates Doh wouldlove to see bates paired upwith Bonner because this could be the future with throniley giving chase Thumb up I want lees gone in the transfer window while we can still demand a decent fee for him! apart from him not being a good captain on the pitch anyway ...hes not all that and frequently looses ariel battles Thumb down

Who will be capatain sunday ? too soon for boner and you cant trust that lee fletcher or hutch will be on the pitch for more than 60 minutes so my choice would be westwood but i can see Bannan floaty balls getting it if Bullen has any say Doh

As this games on at 6 oclock sunday morning my time ..there is not a cat in hells chance i will be watching the first half ! infact with the dark mornings drawing in over here i willbe hopeully soudly tucked up until its allover !

someone please shuve some ratings up after so ive somethig to read with my morning coffea Thumb up Imre style prefered Whistle

RE: The Village v The Owls SBC Match Thread - Washington - 13-09-2019

I thought Monk’s press conference was really good. It should be up on the OS. I think he will do well if he’s given enough time to shape the squad over a few seasons.