Sports Babble - sports forum
Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Celtic (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon (/showthread.php?tid=7445)

Pages: 1 2

Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - 0762 - 31-08-2018

So the first match v Rangers looms ever closer and there is no doubt they'll "fancy their chances" this time as they have not lost a game this season. However, I'll take Celtic to "show up" on Sunday and suggest to Brendan Rodgers again to focus on Tavernier's defensive frailties and that will pay dividends. I watched the highlights of Rangers last league match v Motherwell and Rangers so called durability looked rather fragile in certain areas and they should've been beaten! That observation certainly provides great optimism for the Hoops if they do indeed "show up" and play really well. They've only done that on a couple of occasions in Euro matches but it could happen on Sunday. I'll predict a 3-1 or 4-1 win.

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - hibeejim21 - 01-09-2018

This becomes an interesting tie.

Sevco have definitely improved but i still think celtic are better in every position on the park. Not many of those rangers players have played in this fixture before either.

The only worry for celtic is their mentality, they haven't been playing well so far this season. I will go for a narrow celtic win or a draw.

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - 0762 - 02-09-2018

FT 1-0 and a huge travesty that this result was not a deserved 3-0 or 4-0 victory based on a dominant display by the Hoops and a Rangers crossbar and post that luckily kept them in the game and as for their best performer, goalie Magregor, he shouldn't have even been on the pitch after an ignored/missed karate kick on Ajer in the 1st half. I'm afraid the SFA ref scrutiny panel is gonna "nail him" next week if they are devoid of any bias towards this Govan club - an easy retrospective punishment TBH. And what a terrific winning goal by Ntcham - the counter attacking move was sublime and the end result was sheer bliss with that final exquisite pass by Forrest making it so easy for Ntcham. Rogic unusually quiet today but some great performers still evident, notably Tierney (world class esp in the 1st half), Broony and Boyata showing the fans he is still "playing for the shirt". For Rodgers that is 12 matches v Rangers unbeaten and only two draws in that list. For Steven Gerrard that is his 13th match unlucky - finally beaten by a better team and to the chant in the Celtic stands of, "Cheer up Stevie G, oh what can......". My moment of delight was observing "laughing boy's" sullen face esp after all his usual "cheap chat" during the week!

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - hibeejim21 - 02-09-2018

Sevco parked the bus,and their luck eventually ran out. In reality a very easy win for the Tim's.

Ntcham looks the best midfielder in the country by some distance.

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - 0762 - 04-09-2018

Now the SFA ref scrutiny officer confirms McGregor not being cited for a clear retaliatory attempt to injure an opponent. It just confirms what I suspected re the recent adjustment to the ref scrutiny procedure - it has been corrupted for whatever reason and this is another example of the FIFA rule re this type of offence not being applied and an apt penalty administered retrospectively!

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - hibeejim21 - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 14:11)0762 Wrote: Now the SFA ref scrutiny officer confirms McGregor not being cited for a clear retaliatory attempt to injure an opponent. It just confirms what I suspected re the recent adjustment to the ref scrutiny procedure - it has been corrupted for whatever reason and this is another example of the FIFA rule re this type of offence not being applied and an apt penalty administered retrospectively!

Even Gerrard conceded it was a red card.

In its licencing issue with oldco and the sideletters the SFA openly flaunted its own rules. Now in it's football rules it has now twice concluded that Rangers players can openly kick people on the football field without any sanction.

Meanwhile lennon's aeroplane celebration gets clobbered Laugh

Yep! A very good pt Jim!

On bbc Sportsound tonight, Kris Commons rightly suggesting that the McGregor kick out on Ajer was nothing short of a common assault and remove it from a footie pitch on to a public street and he'd rightly be charged by the Police. Yogi also on the same bbc prog suggesting that the SFA are trying to condone and normalise the offence of "kicking out" against opponents - the wrong message being sent to grass root footie fans! Three different cases - Morelos reprieved, similarly Naismith wrongly reprieved again and actually hurt an opponent, Jonny Hayes, and then this latest case against McGregor. IMO there is definitely something not quite right with the SFA and upholding the integrity of the game.

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - hibeejim21 - 05-09-2018

One of the unfortunate side effects of rangers going under and the old brand being picked up by Charlie green FC is that the SFA are totally compromised as a result. In their haste to keep some form of rangers going, they have let people like dave king hold them over a barrel with their shady deals and rule bending.

The huns are going to try and kick their way to glory this season with the SFA turning the other way, we saw what happens when they try and pull that shit in Europe - 2 players sent off last time out!.

RE: Celtic v Rangers, Sun 2 Sept, KO 12 noon - 0762 - 05-09-2018

Yep! It does nothing for the reputation of the game up here in Scotland and there is a shady "Rangers Appreciation Society" with various members hovering around Scottish footie in different capacities within the media, footie etc. For example I listened to ex Ranger/animal, Lee McCulloch on bbc radio and he deliberately deflected away from the "straight question" re why McGregor was reprieved to praising "a good goalie" a "winner" etc! Another Hun moron "at work" and there are lotsa them out there, some of them still bleating about being "hard done by" - the "offended party" who was actually outplayed for most of that match at Celtic Park!! I think they need a "good doing" on the pitch to "waken them up" and take a reality check! They were very lucky up to that winning goal and that includes not losing McGregor to a red card.