Sports Babble - sports forum
Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Huddersfield Town (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+----- Thread: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town (/showthread.php?tid=3958)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - SHEP_HTAFC - 18-04-2016

ROTHERHAM UNITED v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN......TUE 19th APR.....K.O 19:45

[Image: rotherham-united-new-york-stadium.jpg]
New York stadium

[Image: image.jpg]
Pic of Rotherham during the day

CURRENT FORM

Town are playing their 5th Yorkshire derby in 6 games (if you count Middlesborough as Yorkshire). Their current form is not that great but it is improving. Their last game away at Blackburn was a great result though...a comfortable 2-0 win with a Wells goal and an o.g.
Of the last 6 games Town have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 3, but haven't lost in the last 2.

Rotherham's recent form is markedly better....they have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 6 games. However going back further, of the last 10 games played, they have won 6 and drawn 3....a remarkable record co-inciding with Colin Wanker taking charge of them.
He seems to have pulled them from almost relegation certainties to virtually safe. He's a modest man is our Colin:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36074705

Town (16th) might only be 2 points clear of Rotherham (21st) in the league, but that is 5 positions higher up.
A couple of wins or more in the 4 games remaining, could see Town finish mid table....a decent final finish and a good kick on for next season.

HISTORY

We have played Rotherham a total of 51 times......with Town having much the better record.
We've won just under half of the matches (25), with Rotherham only ever beating us 11 times.

OUR OPPONENTS

Founded in 1925 as a merger between Rotherham Town (1899) and Rotherham County (1870), Rotherham United spent the first 25 years of their time in Division Three North, finally gaining promotion to Division Two at the end of the 1950–51 season.
Rotherham have never played in the top flight of league football, their highest ever place being 3rd in the old second division (denied promotion by goal average).

The Millers lost in the inaugural League Cup final in 1961, but won the 1996 Football League Trophy and 1946 Football League Third Division North Cup. They have also achieved two separate back to back promotions in 1999–2001 under Ronnie Moore and 2012–2014 under Steve Evans.

Historically, Rotherham was actually based in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
Some celebrity Rotherham fans include the Chuckle Brothers and Howard Webb.

FAMILIAR NAMES

There have been many players and managers that have represented both clubs.....below are just a few
Alan Lee
Mark Robins
Kevin Blackwell
Danny Ward
Adam Hammill
Mark Hudson
Martin McIntosh
and one of my favourite players......Ian Banks
[Image: %24T2eC16FHJIYE9qUcNUTKBQbeoe)DLg~~60_35.JPG]

and the ex-manager of Town, and current manager of Rotherham....Colin Wanker
[Image: Neil-Warnock-010.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=for...5ead4db191]
Where are his eyebrows?

SHEP's TEAM

I know Herr Wagner likes the rotation policy, so I would go with a couple of changes from Sat.
Is this the time to start playing more of the kids though? Now that we are virtually safe?

STEER

SMITH LYNCH HUDSON DAVIDSON

LOLLEY WHITEHEAD HUWS BILLING DEMPSEY

WELLS

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - WakeyTerrier - 18-04-2016

Anyone with advice for parking, I've only ever been to Rotherhams new ground on the choo choo but Mrs Wakey is driving tomorrow and parking at the ground is a none starter.

Right, I've well and truly put the mockers on a Town win having gone for a stunning 0-4 win for the Terriers tomorrow in the prediction League.

I too envisage changes, I can see at least 2 of the 3 subs who came on at Blackburn being rotated into the starting line up, although I still think it's early days for Dempsey to make a full come back.

A quick note, Wagner has today confirmed that Town will be taking up the option of a further year on Hoggs contract

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - jjamez - 18-04-2016

Is jepson at rovrum with colin?

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - SHEP_HTAFC - 18-04-2016

(18-04-2016, 16:43)jjamez Wrote: Is jepson at rovrum with colin?

No it's Kevin Blackwell and Andy Dibble....both ex Town.

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - EastLondonTerrier - 18-04-2016

The way they're playing, I'd take a draw. Warnock's done miracles with that team.

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - Amelia Chaffinch - 18-04-2016

Mr and Mrs Wakey, we are going to try for a car park next to a closed down supermarket. Going up Main Street, ground and river to the right, car park to the left.

Think it is this one
http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/directory_record/13248/westgate

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - theo_luddite - 18-04-2016

Wakey - park it in Meadowhall - if the game's crap at half time it's only half an hours walk back to the shops.  Whistle Not that Mitzy would thank you for taking her shopping.

Good thread Shep - is that the view from the M1 these days? Wow. Been a few months since I drove up or down the M1. They must have stuck another few layers on Tinsley viaduct too to get that picture or did you use a drone? Wondered what all the roadworks up there was about, they've been going on since I was a lad. There's me thinking they were just widening the road so you could get past that part of Yorkshire on your way north (or south) a bit quicker. Pity that Sheffield still looks like a s*!t hole when you turn the camera round tho'.

So, after the "I ate all the pies" man (now slimmed down a bit apparently - Cellino not been paying him either so has he been on a starvation diet?) jogged on up to Bellend Road, the lads that Redfearn claimed were just a pile of crap have gone besreck with Colin in charge. Oooo'd a thunk it? A point-a-piece puts another and maybe final nail in the Dons and the Chorlton and the Wheelie's coffins. Bet on it at your peril but I got the last two right and I don't do predictions me.

Whistle
Tongue
Big Grin
Laugh

I didn't bet on them either in case you are wondering.  Tongue

I know it was a Tuesday night game this season so I didn't go, but I'm going to miss the "cheap" day return trip to Charlton and a pub crawl round the Smoke on a Saturday at anytime of the year next season. Never any hassle and a darned good day out. Gonna have to find another one to go to darn sarf for next season. Are Chelski safe yet? Looking like Villa and Burton for away days down here too next season. Talk about chalk and cheese.  Doh

PS Shep - Boro is always in Yorkshire. That milk snatching gerrymandering bitch from some grocers shop in Lincolnshire might have mucked around with the borders while she was in No. 10, but anywhere that Yorkshire CCC called home is still and always will be Yorkshire as far as I'm concerned. Thumb up

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - Lord Snooty - 18-04-2016

Burton are trying their best to cock it up, Theo. You could end up with the short hop to Walsall. Or, God forbid, a trip north to Manningham.

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - theo_luddite - 18-04-2016

Manningham is usually cheaper than Beaston sorry, Beeston to get to and far cheaper to buy match tickets for even from down here in Muddled England. Fewer oooers on the streets in Manningham too Tongue .

I'll take it if it happens.

T'Wassall lads were blowing it big time earlier in the season after their manager upped sticks and headed south to the bright lights of er Brentford, though they have caught up again a bit recently. The Reverend (what an own goal that was at Hereford) Peter Osborne Hart, vicar of St Luke's church in Cannock, will no doubt be chuffed to bits if they are promoted. Some kid called Jordy Hiwula keeps scoring for fun for them. We should have a look at him, he could be a good prospect at some point in the near future.

Used to be one stop on the train to Wassall, now you have to travel thru Brum and back up again stopping at about 10 stations in between. It's almost as quick to get to Euston for a day trip to see Town at Chorlton. (Tbh - I get the bus to the town centre and 2 mins on the train down to the goods yard that is otherwise known as Bescott when we play them).

RE: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town - Lord Snooty - 18-04-2016

That was an own goal by His Reverence, theo.  Laugh Probably the best I've ever seen.