Sports Babble - sports forum
2024 (Shilen Patel) Summer Transfer Window Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: 2024 (Shilen Patel) Summer Transfer Window Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

2024 (Shilen Patel) Summer Transfer Window Thread - Stairs - 26-01-2024

Latest:
Promotion or not this will be Shilen Patel’s moment that matters. 

When the transfer window opens on 10th June (14th for Premier League) we will get a glimpse of the long term plan. The window closes on 1st September.

Rumours so far: Not a comprehensive list so contributions backed up with links please

INCOMING
Keepers:
IN: None
None
Gone/Missed:
None

Defenders:
Ed Jones (Everton) - (02 May, Footballfancast): Albion trials at end of the season
Mo Diomande (Wolves) - (02 May, The72): Albion trials at end of the season
Gone/Missed:

Midfielders:
Josh Murhpy (Oxford Utd) - (24 May, Various): A number of clubs credited with interest
Gone/Missed:

Strikers:
?
Gone/Missed:

Rumoured to be leaving
Going: Grady Diangana (West Ham interest)
Going: Darnell Furlong - to be sold to gain funds for rebuild
Gone: Matt Phillips, Adam Reach, Erik Pieters, Nathaniel Chalobah, Yann M’Vila, Martin Kelly, Jamie Andrews and Jovan Malcolm
Gone (Loans): Mikey Johnson, Callum Marshall, Pipa and Andi Weismann

International Duty Watch
England U21: Josh Griffiths
DR Congolese: Grady Diangana
Ghana: Brandon Thomas-Asante
Ivory Coast: Cedric Kipre
Nigeria: Semi Ajayi
Republic of Ireland: Jayson Molumby
Turkey: Okay Yokuslu
USA: Daryl Dike

Current 2023/24 West Bromwich Albion First Team Squad
Youth Players not in the squad are detailed in WBA-1996's Official Development XI Thread

Championship Squad
Goalkeepers:
01 Vacant
24 Alex Palmer: Contract expires June 2026
30 Ted Cann: Contract expires June 2024
33 Josh Griffiths: Contract expires 2025

Defenders:
02 Darnell Furlong: Contract expires June 2025 - up for sale!
03 Conor Townsend: Contract expires June 2025
04 Cedric Kipre: Contract expires June 2024
05 Kyle Bartley: Contract epires June 2024
06 Semi Ajayi: Contract expires June 2025
34 Ethan Ingram: Contract expires June 2024
36 Caleb Taylor: Contract expires June 2024
XX Zac Ashworth: Contract expires June 2024

Midfielders:
07 Jed Wallace: Contract expires June 2026 
08 Jayson Molumby: Contract expires June 2025
11 Grady Diangana: Contract expires June 2025
19 John Swift: Contract expires June 2026
27 Alex Mowatt: Contract expires June 2024
35 Okay Yokuslu: Contract expires June 2026

Forwards:
09 Josh Maja: Contract expires June 2026
12 Daryl Dike: Contract expires June 2026
18 Karlan Grant: Contract expires June 2027
21 Brandon Thomas-Asante: Contract expires June 2027
31 Tom Fellows: Contract expires June 2027
40 Mo Faal: Contract expires June 2025

Home Grown Players: A player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or The Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of 3 seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21) and for the purposes of this definition of “Home Grown Player” a season will be deemed to commence on the date on which the first transfer window closes and expire on the date of the final league match of the season

Disclaimer: Guys, this is just a collection of what I have seen and read. It is not necessarily the truth or indeed all the data out there.

RE: New 2024 January Transfer Window Thread - Stairs - 26-01-2024

Fellows signs contract extension

RE: New Transfer Window Thread - Baggievicar - 26-01-2024

Thanks for the work you put in, Stairs.
Really good news about Tom Fellows.
Brereton-Diaz has gone to Blades or someone, I think, so no hope of that one from your list of strikers.

RE: New Transfer Window Thread - Blue Baggie - 26-01-2024

Good news Tom has signed a new contract, hopefully this will put of the clubs looking for a player on the cheap.

RE: New Transfer Window Thread - Stairs - 26-01-2024

Papers say "Abada has had a better goal-scoring record in Scotland compared to West Brom's Grady Diangana, and his potential arrival could provide a fresh and exciting attacking option for the team"

I don't recall Grady ever playing in Scotland Big Grin

RE: New Transfer Window Thread - Salopbaggie - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 14:37)Stairs Wrote: Papers say "Abada has had a better goal-scoring record in Scotland compared to West Brom's Grady Diangana, and his potential arrival could provide a fresh and exciting attacking option for the team"

I don't recall Grady ever playing in Scotland  Big Grin

I can't say this story has me brimming with excitement, reading most of the pundits it does sound unlikely to happen. It also reading between the lines, sounds a little as if he 'may' be feeling some effects of the situation in his homeland with Rogers saying he has had "to put his arm around him a bit". I would also ask is one goal and two assists in eight games in the Scottish leagues anything to write home about.

RE: New Transfer Window Thread - Blue Baggie - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 15:21)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(26-01-2024, 14:37)Stairs Wrote: Papers say "Abada has had a better goal-scoring record in Scotland compared to West Brom's Grady Diangana, and his potential arrival could provide a fresh and exciting attacking option for the team"

I can't say this story has me brimming with excitement, reading most of the pundits it does sound unlikely to happen.  It also reading between the lines, sounds a little as if he 'may' be feeling some effects of the situation in his homeland with Rogers saying he has had "to put his arm around him a bit".  I would also ask is one goal and two assists in eight games in the Scottish leagues anything to write home about.

"A better goal scoring record then Grady"
That's not worth mentioning - Grady averages 3 a season which IMO is a joke.

(26-01-2024, 15:35)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(26-01-2024, 15:21)Salopbaggie Wrote:

I can't say this story has me brimming with excitement, reading most of the pundits it does sound unlikely to happen.  It also reading between the lines, sounds a little as if he 'may' be feeling some effects of the situation in his homeland with Rogers saying he has had "to put his arm around him a bit".  I would also ask is one goal and two assists in eight games in the Scottish leagues anything to write home about.

"A better goal scoring record then Grady"
That's not worth mentioning - Grady averages 3 a season which IMO is a joke.

Sorry that is incorrect in the 4 seasons Grady has been with us he has averaged 6.47 a season, which could be worse when technically he is not a striker, he has 5 already this season.

RE: New Transfer Window Thread - Stairs - 26-01-2024

Callum Marshall has signed for rest of season

(26-01-2024, 21:39)Stairs Wrote: Callum Marshall has signed for rest of season

Now that one has a lot of promise, sadly he is cup tied, so no hat trick against the Dingles that would have been a great start, especially with Dike out again Whistle