Sports Babble - sports forum
Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12007)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Owlkev71 - 12-01-2023

THE MATCH

SATURDAY 14TH JANUARY KO 3:00PM

[Image: 29091630-58e1-11ec-bd71-8bc96772d237.png] v [Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg]

LAST MATCH

Well we upset the odds and saw off Premier League Newcastle. Dawson kept us in it in the first half making a couple of good saves while we had a couple of chances ourselves but didn't trouble the goalkeeper. Onto the 2nd half and we took the lead after Byers did well and fed Palmer, who found Adeniran who found Windass to slot home, We soon made it when 2-0 when Smith fed Windass who finished clinically. Newcastle put the big boys on and quickly pulled one back through Guimaraes. Windass hit the bar from a free kick & Dawson made one or two saves and Chris Wood missed a golden chance to equalize as we advanced to the next round to take on Fleetwood @ Hillsborough

THE MATCH

Back to league play and we travel down to Wycombe. They didn't make the best start to the season but have improved in the last few months and currently lie in 7th place in the table. Anis Mehmeti is there main danger with 8 goals & 4 assists so far, they also have Lewis Wing who was with us last season. They are still managed by Gareth Ainsworth who is now entering his 11th year of being in charge. They are kings of the dark arts/shithousery so don't expect a free flowing game and plenty of free kicks for the home team.

ALL TIME H2H

OWLS 5
WYC 2
DRAWS 2

CURRENT FORM

OWLS              -                             Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Confused Confused                                        

WYC                -                             Big Grin  Angry  Big Grin  Big Grin  Confused  Big Grin         

EFL STOOGES

DOES IT MATTER THERE ALL CORRUPT Thumb up  Thumb up

SAM ALLISON
Samuel Ogles and Ravel Cheosiaua
Fourth Official : Alan Young

THE TEAM

Dawson
Palmer Iorfa James
Hunt Adeniran Byers FDB Johnson
Windass Smith

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

1-1 Smith

ATTENDANCE

N/A

WEDNESDAYS FIRT GOAL TIME

BML LEAGUE

Imre 19
Owlskev 18
Stateside 18
Wash 16
SCO 15
Peiowl 11
Maddix 9

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Everton v Southampton
Luton v WBA
Ipswich v Plymouth
Carlisle v Newport
Scunthorpe v Woking

AADHA

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

WEREHAM

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7264048]
[Image: accountants-accounts-accountants-account...22_low.jpg]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]
[Image: rs_600x600-170411105514-634-kate-beckins...quality=90]

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - peiowl - 12-01-2023

1-2 Windass

11 min

hhhhh

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Washington - 12-01-2023

0-2 Johnson

DHDHH

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Imre varadi - 12-01-2023

0-1 byers
35 min
Hdddd
maybe Hunt coming in and Palmer moving to center back ? Iorfa Hunt palmer I think will be the mix to try and tape up the hole McGuiness has left .
Dennis also deserves a start over fizz and as it seems he won't be our player for much longer then it makes sense .

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - St Charles Owl - 12-01-2023

1-2 Smith
DAHDA

Do we know for sure that McGuinness has gone back? Not seen anything official yet. I would bring in Femewo if he has gone alongside Iorfa and James. Leave Palmer as wing back and cover for Iorfa. Agree with getting Adenarin more game time. I would have Vaulkes and Byers start in the middle though.

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - St Charles Owl - 12-01-2023

Putting our game on one side for a minute and obviously stating that we just need to take care of ourselves, what result do we want from the Ipswich - Plymouth game? A draw seems to make sense, keeps both of them down but what about if Plymouth win, we are them guaranteed to stay second. For me an Ipswich win might actually be the least favorite result.

As I said though, as long as we win our own game, then one or both of them will be dropping points, so hopefully the team are just focused on that.

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Statesideowl - 13-01-2023

2-2 Smith

DADHA

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Imre varadi - 13-01-2023

McGuiness has gone charlie official ...vaulks byers and Dennis should start midfield afenfewhatever isn't a center back he's a left back so though I've seen many mention him ..I don't get it ?

Forest boss whinging about mighten ..don't expect any forest players in the near future ...for me it was the right decision because he's been a waste of a shirt ! Sour grapes on forests part let them deal with him ..not our problem !!!

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Imre varadi - 13-01-2023

Bannan back in training although I only see the bench for him tomorrow.

Ithekwe doing well but still at least this months fixtures away ..

RE: Wycombe v The Owls L1 Match Thread - Maddix - 13-01-2023

1-2 Byers

ADDDA