Sports Babble - sports forum
James Rowe - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: National League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+----- Forum: Chesterfield (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+----- Thread: James Rowe (/showthread.php?tid=10977)

Pages: 1 2

James Rowe - Dancingwilldoit - 24-01-2022

Suspended or sacked. You could make a Blockbuster of everything going on with our club. Surprised the big stars went for Wrexham instead of us

RE: James Rowe - Devongone - 25-01-2022

Oh well that's the end of this season then.

Good job we don't need many points to be safe from relegation.

Lets hope this is one of the few occasions smoke has been sighted without fire.

The one positive is that it would be difficult to sell Tshimanga to an EFL team whilst the manager is suspended. It would be a big decision for Danny Webb or the Board.

RE: James Rowe - Devongone - 26-01-2022

I looked through some of the comments on Bob's Board. Interestingly I didn't come across anyone saying that Mr Rowe struck them as a man of absolute integrity who it is difficult to imagine doing anything that would get him suspended. Everyone seemed to accept he was guilty as charged, whatever that charge might be.

Obviously he is no future Roy Hodgson.

RE: James Rowe - Dancingwilldoit - 26-01-2022

Seems likely that it's nothing to do with football or the club but police are supposedly involved.
My money would be on an ex employee with an axe to grind.
He's no angel but then neither were Alex Ferguson or Dave Bassett amongst others. I just hope it gets resolved soon.

RE: James Rowe - Devongone - 27-01-2022

Yes you are right there Dancing. Most successful managers of football clubs seem to have a bit of edge about them. Vanishingly few are like Roy Hodgson whose word you would take at face value and in whom you'd place 100% trust. I hope Watford reward his decency.

Mr Rowe has given the impression he would stop at nothing in his search for success. Whether this means he would apply the same approach inappropriately in life I've no idea.

At least the club has displayed some probity in suspending him and not adding further fuel to the fire. I am sure Mr Rowe has upset a number of people in and around the club, but you need to be very sure of your own ground and power-base to get away with that for long don't you? There is always someone prepared to sharpen a kitchen knife, or find a drop of blood on it!

RE: James Rowe - spireitematt - 05-02-2022

He's gone.

Pete Wild and Paul Cook's name is getting mentioned about taking over the job.

RE: James Rowe - Dancingwilldoit - 05-02-2022

Hope it's sorted soon either way.

RE: James Rowe - Devongone - 05-02-2022

I don't think Cook would be the right choice. I've never been that keen on Pete Wild, but he has done very well with no resources. Head to Boreham Wood I say and get another manager who looks the part.

Can't quite believe our ability to conjure failure out of success. It seems we might as well set out to do wrong as shit seems to head straight for our fan (and fans) in any case.

RE: James Rowe - Dancingwilldoit - 06-02-2022

Good game yesterday which we deserved to win. There was a real togetherness with the team which was noticeable. If it was down to Danny Webb then bring on more. We looked relaxed on the ball. Dagenham were a good side and came to play football. Their front 2 were fast and dangerous but our defence coped well.
Even the warm up looked better. There was no slacking and the players looked as if they were actually enjoying themselves.
Jack McCourt was a revelation. He controlled the midfield and was looking for every ball. He was knackered after 60 mins though but my MOM. Everyone was up for it yesterday including the fans and we were in control for the whole of the second half.

If thats what Danny Webb can do and I was the board, I wouldn't be rushing into interviewing anybody. We may have found the answer with assistance from Gav Gunning shouting instructions the whole of the game it was a real squad performance.
Lets see what happens Tuesday night it might just give us the answer.

RE: James Rowe - Devongone - 08-02-2022

Ideal, Radio Sheffield reports we are in talks with Paul Cook. Great timing. Biggest match of the season about to be played, let's really destabilise the team. I forecast 3-2 to Stockport in the Prediction League - now I'd go 4-0 but I'm not going to change it.

Cookie is popular with the fans, but he carries a lot of baggage. He's high maintenance. I don't blame him for leaving us. He looked into the future and didn't like what he saw. And we didn't like it when it came round either. But he isn't a Non-League man. And I think he'd ditch us sharpish if a better offer came round the corner in summer. AND I don't think he'd win us the League this season, which surely must be our main aim now we've come this far.