Sports Babble - sports forum
TOKYO OLYMPICS - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Other Sports (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Other...... (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+--- Thread: TOKYO OLYMPICS (/showthread.php?tid=10555)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Amelia Chaffinch - 03-08-2021

Silver - sailing - mixed nacra.

No, I don't know what it is, either.

Bronze - diving - 3m springboard - Jack Laugher

Laura Kenny has to settle for silver in the cycling women's team pursuit. Germany breaking WRs left, right and centre.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Lord Snooty - 03-08-2021

Up to 5th on the medal table. One more gold to overtake Australia.

Jason Kenny and Co have silver in the cycling men's team sprint.

There is some excitement and much deliberation about the heat between Denmark v GB in the men's team pursuit. GB were well behind and certain to lose. However, the Danish cyclist coming up to lap GB's Tanfield (Clancy's replacement following his retirement today) was riding with his head down and crashed into Tanfield. He proceeded to eff and Jeff but failed to get back on and finish as 3rd over the line. Despite our losing position, Tanfield did get back on his bike and finished. Denmarkwho already got a warning for unofficial clothing and taping last night should, strictly speaking, be DQ'd. The verdict is still pending.

All agreed that GB were not in the wrong with how they were riding btw.

I've not seen it yet but that must've been a helluva run from Slappy Slappy Chop Chops in the 400m hurdles to beat the world record by nearly 2 seconds.

The Norwegian? It was. They should double check his wee wee with all that shirt ripping.

Jonny Brownlee appears to be wavering overnight his decision not to go to Paris. He's changed from definitely his last Olympics to probably his last Olympics. Wants to get one up on their Alistair.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - theo_luddite - 03-08-2021

More Yorkshire medals - I don't care who gets them. Thumb up

(03-08-2021, 11:45)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: The Norwegian? It was. They should double check his wee wee with all that shirt ripping.

I thought the standard of textile manufacturing in Norway was a bit higher than that.

Another silver. How many is that now? If we could've turned half of those to gold, we'd be well up that chart.

Well! They've let Denmark go through! We have to go for the 7/8th place ride off.

Why do the Norwegians have Norway on their running suits and Norge on their track suits? Pick a language.

Don't you miss the days when Geoff Capes and Judy Oakes turned out for the men's and women's shot put? Just saw a bit of today's and got a bit nostalgic.

Geoff kept budgies, you know.