Sports Babble - sports forum
TOKYO OLYMPICS - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Other Sports (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Other...... (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+--- Thread: TOKYO OLYMPICS (/showthread.php?tid=10555)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Amelia Chaffinch - 12-08-2021

The fool.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - ritchiebaby - 13-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 22:32)Lord Snooty Wrote: I think we're about to lose one of our silvers. CJ Ujah caught out using an banned substance.  Angry

Moron. Ban him for life as far as I'm concerned. And we will lose the relay silver. I wonder what the other 3 think, assuming they're all innocent of course. Do all winners get automatically tested, or just one from each team?

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - theo_luddite - 13-08-2021

I think all medal winners and a few other finalists

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Devongone - 13-08-2021

But the tests only catch out the inefficient cheats of course.

Do you believe the rest of Britain's sprinters are all clean? What about those CJ's been training with in the United States?

Jacobs, surprise winner of the 100 metres, though uninjured, is going to miss all five potentially lucrative remaining Diamond League meets and not compete again this season. So that's out-of-competition testing for him again, not much danger of getting caught doing anything wrong then? Or do I have a suspicious mind?

What should be the loveliest of sports has riddled itself in suspicion.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - theo_luddite - 13-08-2021

Thousands of athletes, swimmers and cyclists have never failed a test, until the testing improves. Today's tests are only making a dint in the cheats of 10+ years ago.

Never failing a test and being clean are not the same thing. Ask Lance Armstrong, he was the master of it.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Devongone - 14-08-2021

I can think of one more member (at least) of even that silver-medal winning relay team, whose past, could it be checked, might not stand scrutiny. Of course Theo is right and the problem is that as the tests improve the cheats become more sophisticated.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Amelia Chaffinch - 14-08-2021

I don't believe it's as rife as you're suggesting. I do agree that some will be slipping through, though. I do query quick and widespread success like China in everything for Beijing and, more recently, Denmark in the cycling.

And Denmark were shown to be using non-approved taping and clothing. You have to ask what else they are trying.  Huh

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Lord Snooty - 14-08-2021

CJ Ujah: British sprinter 'shocked and devastated' after positive drugs test

Quote:Olympic silver medallist CJ Ujah has denied wrongdoing and said he is "shocked and devastated" after a positive drugs test.

Ujah, 27, ran the first leg as Great Britain's 4x100m men's relay team narrowly missed out on gold in Tokyo.

He has been provisionally suspended after a test showed the "presence/use" of two prohibited substances.

"To be absolutely clear, I am not a cheat," said Ujah in a statement to the PA news agency on Saturday.

"I have never and would never knowingly take a banned substance."

CJ Ujah suspended after positive test for banned substances
Ujah was informed on Thursday of an "adverse analytical finding" - the presence/use of prohibited substances ostarine and S-23, which are selective androgen receptor modulators and help with building muscle.

If the case against him is proved, the British relay quartet - also including Zharnel Hughes, Richard Kilty and Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake - are likely to be stripped of their silver medals.

In his statement, Ujah said: "It's taken me a few days to process the information I received on Thursday, shortly before it was made public.

"I am completely shocked and devastated by this news.

"I love my sport and I know my responsibilities both as an athlete and as a team-mate.

"I am respecting the formal processes and will not be making any further comment until it is appropriate to do so."

The British sprinters lost out by just one hundredth of a second as they were beaten by the Italian team.

Ujah can request analysis of his B sample. Should that confirm the adverse analytical finding, the case will be referred to the Anti-Doping Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - ritchiebaby - 23-08-2021

Although I'm one of The 85, I still take an interest in The Paralympics and will be watching many of the events - cycling, rowing, athletics and swimming mostly but certainly not wheelchair rugby (which to me is a cross between Aussie Rules and American Football in chariots - nothing like rugby). Is it worthwhile reporting on any of the events on a casual basis?

RE: TOKYO OLYMPICS - Lord Snooty - 24-08-2021

Yes, Ritchie. Should we start a separate thread?

I think so.