Sports Babble - sports forum
Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Hibernian (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+----- Thread: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm (/showthread.php?tid=10384)

Pages: 1 2

Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - 0762 - 28-04-2021

Well this is a fixture v an opponent that is not a bogey team to Hibs but our home record is not good enough against them TBF!! I reckon they are certain to make the Scot Cup final. So how do we play them in this particular fixture? I'd say normally we should just try to pick up another 3 pts in our quest to attain 3rd place. However, I think that 3rd spot is already assured with that 6 pts (+ a superior GD) advantage over a poor AFC side. I want JR to closely study how they play against us with a view to Hibs possibly meeting them in a one-off Scot Cup final. Of course their manager may well be thinking the same way. I'll predict a draw as the most likely outcome.

GGTTH

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - HerefordBull - 01-05-2021

Dreadful first half, ................................half arsed performance against a weak St J side.

As for the goal..................hope QPR didn't have a scout there to watch Porteous or by now he will be half way back to London having seen enough. Pinpoint pass to Middleton mind.  Doh

Highlight so far was when Hibs TV went down for 5 minutes...................found the green screen quite relaxing. Big Grin

Second half...............St J let us huff and puff with little creativity and then bring on the first teamers to see the game out.

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - ritchiebaby - 01-05-2021

I sincerely hope we're saving ourselves for the Cup semi-final.

Otherwise we should have sold Porteous and Nisbet when we had the chance.

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - 1Wattie - 01-05-2021

Looking at BBC sports results it appears that Porteous was making a pass rather than cleaning the ball. This result could well cost us a place in the Europa league. Another example of Hibs pressing the self destruct button.
Hopefully we can improve for next weeks semi final.
GGTTH

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - hibeejim21 - 01-05-2021

How many goals has porteous shipped this season ????

Lets be honest both teams had an eye on the cup game, they never really looked like scoring apart from that gift. They still were very comfortable with a weakened side though. The worry now is that the sheep managed to find a win at Livingston so we cant just focus on the cup game now.

We need to be looking at some new forward/midfield options in the summer. Badly need a player or two that we can bring off the bench and stir things up a bit.

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - HerefordBull - 01-05-2021

True Jim, every sub that comes on is just more of the same...................fits the Ross plan A perfectly. Doh

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - 0762 - 01-05-2021

This was exactly what I expected TBH. Studying Hibs historical home record v this particular team and they have not beaten St Johnstone at ER Stadium since 2012!!!!!!!!?? That is an absolute disgrace as we are not referring to a Celtic or Rangers situation. In fact, Celtic have a very poor record v Hibs at ER Stadium - never won at ER for years and thankfully their "top six" game v Hibs will be at their bogey ground in Leith.

RE: Hibs v Saint Johnstone, Sat 30 April, KO 3.00pm - Inverurie Jambo - 01-05-2021

[quote='0762' pid='211318' dateline='1619890216']
This was exactly what I expected TBH.

The thing is, that is not exactly what you expected- you expected a draw- just saying

(01-05-2021, 19:30)0762 Wrote: This was exactly what I expected TBH. Studying Hibs historical home record v this particular team and they have not beaten St Johnstone at ER Stadium since 2012!!!!!!!!?? That is an absolute disgrace as we are not referring to a Celtic or Rangers situation. In fact, Celtic have a very poor record v Hibs at ER Stadium - never won at ER for years and thankfully their "top six" game v Hibs will be at their bogey ground in Leith.

I forgot to add that had it not been for that ridiculous Porteous error, the expected draw would've been a reality in a game that was played in a fashion as expected - two teams definitely playing out a game, preceding their forthcoming cup semi-finals, that was generally pretty crap and lifeless. Returning to that "old chestnut", the Porteous gaffes, what is wrong with Hibs coaching "behind the scenes" when it comes to this kinda stuff!!? The clear instruction to Porty is to "play it simple" and stop f###### about - "hammer it home" to the lad that it is the only way for him to improve his game esp after potentially losing about 12 pts due to his previous needless errors/bad decision-making.

(01-05-2021, 18:30)hibeejim21 Wrote: How many goals has porteous shipped this season ????

Lets be honest both teams had an eye on the cup game, they never really looked like scoring apart from that gift.  They still were very comfortable with a weakened side though. The worry now is that the sheep managed to find a win at Livingston so we cant just focus on the cup game now.

We need to be looking at some new forward/midfield options in the summer. Badly need a player or two that we can bring off the bench and stir things up a bit.

Yep! Plan A has to work for Jack Ross! Otherwise IMO when "the going gets tough" I'd rather he opted for a tight "no quarter given" strategy where we really focus on not losing goals and esp daft ones that are avoidable. Re this sudden Aberdeen threat to Hibs 3rd place SP spot, they still need a minimum of a win and a draw to overhaul Hibs as well as Hibs not winning another match. I expect the guys to beat the Dons mainly because they are a better team than them during this particular season. However, it just proves how shit the Scot Prem has been this season as I agree that Hibs could still improve greatly with three carefully selected positional changes resulting in better players coming in. Thankfully the Scot Prem fixture v the Dons comes four days after Hibs Scot Cup semi-final v Dundee United. I think that will suit Hibs as I'm optimistic we'll win that semi-final thereby ensuring Hibs Scot Cup final appearance is attained. Then that Dons' fixture will take care of itself with a massive "feelgood factor" attached to it.