Sports Babble - sports forum
Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Sheffield Wednesday (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+----- Thread: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half (/showthread.php?tid=12)

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 19-11-2014

(18-11-2014, 18:49)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 11:35)madsteve Wrote: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/17/leeds-and-charlton-may-smile-but-sheffield-wednesday-and-blackpo/

The above article is very telling of our season so far!!  Yes we need a midfield general/creative player but we also still need a striker who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis!!  Our shots total is respectable but the number of goals is patheitic by comparison and our on target percentage is even lower than Blackpools!!!  So yes we do need a striker, as well as another midfielder!!

(18-11-2014, 15:40)Statesideowl Wrote: The belief that carried the players earlier in the season is now gone. We're staring down the barrel again, who knows when the gun will go off.

I only partly agree with that, the belief has gone as regards scoring goals and attacking play, but so far the defence is still holding up and keeping us in games.  Of course its only a matter of time before that confidence is shot as well but if we can just score a few more goals we will win games because of the good defence.

Our number of shots inside the box is the lowest in the league. Most of our shots are from 30 yards so it is little surprise that we don't score many.

Eventually our defence will come under more pressure because they know that one mistake means defeat, which might mean that they make more mistakes soon.

(18-11-2014, 22:57)Imre varadi Wrote: hopefully we can get lavery upfront with may  Thumb up  job done  Thumb up

No manager will play those two up front because of the lack of height, which is needed to defend set pieces. Nuhui does a good job defending set pieces.

SG sees Lavery as a winger.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 19-11-2014

(19-11-2014, 00:50)Imre varadi Wrote: Afobes shit the end  Thumb up

Oh that we had some shit that had scored 15 goals already this season.

Our whole team has only managed 12 League Goals.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Thurnscoe_OWL - 19-11-2014

(18-11-2014, 22:38)Towinjustonce Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 19:49)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 18:30)Towinjustonce Wrote: I don't know what MM's game is but telling the world that we are losing 6 million a year and it will only get worse is a sure way of frightening off any potential invstors. What's he playing at ?? Is it his way of being able to ask for more money if someone does want to buy us ??

Also where is the money going ?? Alot of the players were frees, he isn't paying a manager, the squad is wafer thin and by all accounts he hasn't spent a lot on the ground. I don't know the running costs of a club and if MM does he doesn't seem to be getting any costs down, they are going the other way. You have to spend money to make money MM !!!!

Disagree about scaring people off. You think people who are interested won't know about the financial situation? It won't stop anyone being interested.
I see it more as a "we're only losing £6m a year, compared to other teams we're not doing too bad". We're in a much better financial position than most other teams. The likes of Forest, Bournemouth, Leeds (ish) who throw tonnes of money at it will be in deep shit if they continue to struggle to get promoted.

We've got 2 options as far as I see it

1. Throw everything at it in the hope we get promoted and get the financial rewards that way.
  2. Try to be shrewd, build on our position every year until we're in a stable position to form a promotion push

I'd rather take option 2 personally

What has football come to though when we're saying a £6m loss is not that bad?

Yeah some good points there Thurnscoe but if I was a potential investor and had a choice between Forest, Bournemouth or Wednesday, I would be looking at the first two. They may be losing a lot more money than us but they have more of a chance to get promoted sooner, which is what every potential investor is after. It depends on who is looking obviously. Someone who wants to take there time and build or an investor who wants near instant success (riches) and the latter is where most are at. Forest have better players, more up to date ground and a better back room team than us I'd say, shit manager thou, while bournmouth have something similar but a good manager. Why would anyone pick us to invest in ?? Game by game losing places for a chance at promotion, ground at a poor standard, pretty decent 8-9 players and a shit manager. Rectifying sll these problems won't come cheap, it will require a lot of money. If our only positive is we are only losing 6 million a year, well fook !!! Is that MM selling point ?? We are pretty much a blank canvas for a new investor but a lot of them don't want that, as I think can be seen by how many other clubs have been bought over since MM stated he wanted to sell. They want a solid structure already there, good foundations. MM needs to spend money to make money, players first to bring in crowds and then stadium, then we have a solid foundation to invest in. If MM is playing the option 2 card, we will never make it up and he will never be able to sell. Money runs the game as we can see.

I hope I am wrong and I actually want any sort of investor to come in and gives us a dig out, preferably tomorrow too !!! Otherwise we will end up going in circles, with stadium etc getting more delapidated and less promising with higher losses.

Anyway onwards and upwards !!!!  Thumb up

I'm not daying we don't need to invest because we obvuiosly do. I'm saying the £6m loss is not going to put anyone off because Milan is basically saying "look we can stay within the rules". Forest and Bournemouth have bpth had investment in recent years and thus far (at least regards Forest), throwing money| at it hasnot worked

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Statesideowl - 19-11-2014

SG see's every forward as a winger. Perhaps he should stick to FM on his laptop

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - peiowl - 19-11-2014

All I keep seeing posted on here about nuhiu is that he "holds the ball up." He can miss chance after chance but that's ok because he holds the ball up. FFS. He's not a bloody basketball player. He's supposed to score goals. Doh Doh

For some reason hr has the magic charm among the fans. JOC, Sid the Kid, Bothroyd, even Llera in his latter years were lambasted by the fans because they didn't do their job.

What's with Nuhiu that makes him coated in teflon? Huh Huh Huh

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Was Wereham Owl - 19-11-2014

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/lewis-mcgugan-joins-sheffield-wednesday-2091687.aspx

Thoughts on this guy, A good , fairly high scoring midfielder, with lots of assists, could this be the player we have been needing for quite a while ????

Can shoot with both feet, accurate from distance, can see a defence splitting pass too, got to be better than the current crop of midfield playmakers we currently have in the team Doh Doh Doh Doh .

Having said that, he will come to the massive and drop down to the current level of shite, or will he galvanise the rest of the players ...I know which way I'd put money on !!!!!

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Thurnscoe_OWL - 19-11-2014

FINALLY!! A fecking midfielder with an attacking brain

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - Statesideowl - 19-11-2014

He'll probably start at LB Big Grin

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - St Charles Owl - 19-11-2014

On paper he is definitely a better option from an attacking perspective!! Whether he can be the midfield general we need will remain to be seen, but if he can get forward and support the front two then maybe we will see less of May dropping back to get the ball, that in itself might create more chances for him.

RE: Sheff Weds 2014-15 - The First Half - madsteve - 20-11-2014

McGugan - decent signing but means that SG has no excuses now.

We have the best group of players that we have had since our PL days & SG is wasting it with his fixation on 442.