Sports Babble - sports forum
Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1419)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - Squirrel Regis - 07-03-2015

Please God let this season end now.
As long as we stay up I just don't care anymore.

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - wba_1996 - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 21:36)BC Baggie Wrote: Sess, Mulumbu, Pocognoli and Gamboa should be starting every game. In fact anyone that can run should automatically have a spot in our defence or midfield.
-----------
Come on now, mulumbu has been awful for two seasons, pocognoli is an accident waiting and Gamboa is a myth, agree about sess though

Mulumbu at 75% is twice the player Gardner will ever be, and Pocognoli and Gamboa are fullbacks who can actually run = automatic starters ahead of makeshift fullbacks who can't run in my book.

As for Sess, I'm glad we agree - he is our best player and the last two matches show why, 2 years on, we are still waiting to win a game without him.

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - aries22 - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 21:37)wba_1996 Wrote: Strangely, I don't feel as depressed as I did when we lost to them in the league. Today has just confirmed to me that we are a very poor PL team with a manager that guarantees survival but away from home sucks the enjoyment out of watching us. Give him some money to spend in the summer and probably the Berahino sale fee and see what he can do with his own team next season, this season has been a write-off since the idiots appointed Irvine.
Fair summary for me. The PL loss on Tuesday hurt a lot more than today, and appointing Irvine was the worst thing Jeremy Peace has ever done. Pulis might want to re-think his away approach, leaving Sessegnon as an unused sub seems criminal to me, and Brown Ideye also really needs to start putting away the chances, which will also relieve the constant pressure on the defence.

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - betterthanbaird - 07-03-2015

Sess was going to come on before the joke sending off happened but even that is (arguably 82mins) too late.

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - drewks - 07-03-2015

IMO there are an awful lot of over emotional posts on here already.
We lost a game that we should have won, as we were the better team over the 90 minutes. The sending off was an absolute joke, and really gifted them the 2nd goal as we HAD to press forward; with little pace at the back we would always be prone to that kind of goal with 10 v 11.

I agree that we have better FBs on the bench, and to play CBs there is very, very odd. But we were actually creating chances today as opposed to Tuesday; we played with no little desire and heart, and simply didn't deserve that today.

Football can do that. Let's get on with it, and just hope - no, MAKE SURE - that WE stay up at the expense of Villa!

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse - 07-03-2015

This is the turd icing on a hideous cake of a week.

As has been mentioned, I also still feel sick from the league game. In fact more so than a knock-out cup game.

My mate, Villa fan, went to the game and texting banter flowed but even he said when it ended 'I'm getting out before it kicks off' - so get home safely Baggies - bloody animals.

Let's move on and secure safety. I'm too gutted having handed them two wins. Scum

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - Zinman - 07-03-2015

So the last week has shown us that it's ok to attempt a circumcision with your studs but you're not allowed to let someone slide into you. So angry tonight about that decision, our performance and the sight of those ugly ©®©®©®® invading the pitch. Strange as I thought they didn't care about us. Pulis has to start with some width and a midfield that actually gets forward or I truly can't see us ever winning away.

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - Beefy 1965 - 07-03-2015

Callum Mcmanaman Squares up to Villa fans after the game .......

smadeley@e&s just seen the aftermath of the incident involving c mac &villa fans

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - Zinman - 07-03-2015

According to the Mirror, Delphi claims he was bitten by one of the fans.......that's a nasty case of food poisoning coming up. VIle Park may be closed to home fans following the invasion but will anyone notice?

RE: Aston Villa vs WBA - Double Match Thread - Tom_Wba - 07-03-2015

Amazing how 3 points Saturday will turn everything around! BUT as for away games fell free to call me un-loyal or whatever but i'm done with them i won't be going to watch us play like this every other week next season, We was warned what to expect from Stoke fans regarding away performances i've seen nothing in any away game to suggest it will get better...3 points Saturday please Tony to cheer everyone up and shut a few of them Stokies up of course