Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Cup QF draw - it's Celtic!
Well that draw sums up the past month from Lennongate onwards!! Yukkk!! Nae chance, not with this current Hibs team - we're done!! Season over!!
If it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.Looking on the positive side it gives our new boss plenty of time to prepare for next season without any pressure on him.
It is a home draw and I'd focus on trying to ensure all our best players are available for a cup tie that will effectively "end our season"! At least try to win it with our strongest line up in front of a huge Hibs' home crowd that will realise the importance of this match and just hope that Celtic have an "off day"! Personally, I can't see it and indeed I think there's a good chance the Hoops will not lose another domestic game this season! At least "have a go"!
Rodgers has never won a game at Easter Road.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Aye! My son highlighted the fact that it is a few years since Hibs have lost a home match v Celtic. We lost to them in Oct 2017 but that was at Hampden in the league Cup final. I still can't see Hibs doing it with the midfield and defence that I observed v Raith last Saturday TBH. However, it is a home game, our home record is decent, hopefully the players "raise their game" and "have a go"! That is all we can ask for from this group of players!
If our guys can put on the type of performance we got used to for the first dozen games of the season there might be some room for optimism. On the other hand some of them may not be " up for it " and that could see us in trouble. To lose is not a disaster but the manner of losing may see the new man having a clear out whilst preparing for season 19/20.