Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cup Competitions
Could you guys help me out with a bit of info, please?

A few times in years passed, I`ve managed to follow our FA Cup run right through. Admittedly - with one glorious and never-to-be-forgotten exception - most of our cup runs in recent years have lasted about as long as a Donald Trump visit to the barbers, so it hasn`t put a lot of mileage on the car. The last time I did it was when Cookie`s team went out at Derby - 4th Round, was it? That was worth doing.

Anyway, I`ve decided I`m going to have a go again this year and am organising the relevant week-ends. Am I right in thinking that we come in at the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup now, or have I got the wrong end of yet another stick?

It`s also dawned on me - these things do eventually - that we`ll be in the FA Trophy this year. Does anybody know how that works? Is there a seeding system in operation there as well or are we in the hat from Round 1? I`m also not sure what the replay situation is in both cases; I know there`s been talk about FA Cup replays being scrapped but I`ve no idea whether it` being brought in this year.

Any information re the above would be much appreciated. Ta.
Am sure Matt will answer that SGB
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
(12-08-2018, 12:03)SaltergateBorn Wrote: Could you guys help me out with a bit of info, please?

A few times in years passed, I`ve managed to follow our FA Cup run right through. Admittedly - with one glorious and never-to-be-forgotten exception - most of our cup runs in recent years have lasted about as long as a Donald Trump visit to the barbers, so it hasn`t put a lot of mileage on the car. The last time I did it was when Cookie`s team went out at Derby - 4th Round, was it? That was worth doing.

Anyway, I`ve decided I`m going to have a go again this year and am organising the relevant week-ends. Am I right in thinking that we come in at the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup now, or have I got the wrong end of yet another stick?

It`s also dawned on me -  these things do eventually - that we`ll be in the FA Trophy this year. Does anybody know how that works? Is there a seeding system in operation there as well or are we in the hat from Round 1? I`m also not sure what the replay situation is in both cases; I know there`s been talk about FA Cup replays being scrapped but I`ve no idea whether it` being brought in this year.

Any information re the above would be much appreciated. Ta.

Yes you are correct fourth qualifying round we will enter.

FA Cup started yesterday and the teams which played yesterday have to play and win 6 games to make the first round proper.

FA Trophy we enter in the first round proper. There are replays in the FA Trophy but both teams can agree to playing ET and penalties in the original match without playing a replay.

FA Cup replays are scrapped after round 3 or 4 that was brought in last season and apparently some FA Cup games are going to be switched from weekends to mid-week this season.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Thanks very much for that, Matt. Much appreciated. Info duly noted and recorded in my little blue book.

Now watch us get drawn away to Truro City or Eastbourne Borough or similar.
(13-08-2018, 19:21)SaltergateBorn Wrote: Thanks very much for that, Matt. Much appreciated. Info duly noted and recorded in my little blue book.

Now watch us get drawn away to Truro City or Eastbourne Borough or similar.

Apparently 20th October is the 4th qualifying round game.

Truro City please! They play at Plainmoor, Torquay. It would be a great draw for our fans and they are currently pretty beatable.
(16-08-2018, 11:16)Devongone Wrote: Truro City please! They play at Plainmoor, Torquay. It would be a great draw for our fans and they are currently pretty beatable.

Everyone thought Barrow were beatable.

Not me Matt ..........

Currently Truro are playing home games 80+ miles from home, are several players down from last season, their manager resigned after the second game and they have two points so far. Not much like Barrow.

Course if anyone can lose to them, it's probably us. Nickname The White Tigers is a bit scary.
(16-08-2018, 17:50)Devongone Wrote: Not me Matt ..........

Currently Truro are playing home games 80+ miles from home, are several players down from last season, their manager resigned after the second game and they have two points so far. Not much like Barrow.

Course if anyone can lose to them, it's probably us. Nickname The White Tigers is a bit scary.

I expected a draw against Barrow not a loss. I said not to write them off.

I read about Truro's plight in the Non-League paper the other week. Sold their ground to a supermarket developer and in exchange the supermarket was going to put money into a new ground and Cameron when he was in charge promised that the Government would put money in too but since he went 2 years ago and May came along the Government are reevaluating the investment and because Truro got promoted they had 2 options. Play at a local ground and drop down a divison below they've just won or play at Plainmoor in the National League South.

If the Stadium for Cornwall comes to fruition and Truro survive to see it, then it will be excellent for Cornish football and rugby ........ but the way in which Truro were kicked off their ground at a few week's notice does raise questions about how much the developers are even interested in how a football club is run.

(I'm currently having a row with the dummies on Bob's. I must be short of a life.)