Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump
When I was a kid a Trump was a noise that emanated from somebodies backside and smelled a bit.
Trust the Americans to go one better and use it as a term for a talking ar5e hole, the stench is a lot worse as well.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
I like him.
He's a real leader who makes difficult decisions even if minorities don't like them.He doesn't sit on the fence frightened to offend people like a lot of leaders do .No doubt the screaming liberals and tree hugging lefties will be turning out to protest but that won't bother Trump , he know that he still has the backing of the majority in this country and the US and even if he didn't he would still go ahead and do what he thinks is right.
And there lies the problem, he polarises opinion to the extremes. There's no middle ground with him. He is too free and easy with glib throw away comments of no merit then 10 minutes later changes his mind and suddenly becomes more diplomatic. One day no chance of a deal - next day every chance of a deal. The man is a first class tool - I don't want to be censored by putting what I really think of him.
Blue I don't know where you are coming from when you say that he has the backing of the majority in this country - you really must live in a bubble.
Blue, I have no idea how popular Trump is in the UK but I can guarantee he is the most unpopular President this side of the pond has ever seen!!!  Lets remember Clinton got nearly 4m more votes in the election to start with and since then there have been a series of Democratic surprise wins in elections since he came into office.  His approval rating are lower than any previous President, especially at this stage of his tenure.  But the key thing about Trump is that those who do not support him more or less hate him, not just dislike or disagree with him, but hate him!!  He is morally corrupt in so many ways, he and his team constantly lie and make up stories or sound bites that look good on Twitter and have so far had to go back on numerous campaign pledges because of a total lack of support.  

He has alienated just about everyone of our allies either through Nato or through his ridiculous trade tariffs that are now actually costing the US jobs.  Trump has an agenda, I am just not sure anyone actually fully knows what it is, but most will agree whatever it is it will be designed to either increase his powers while in office or benefit him and his cronies through money.  

His decision to elect this new Supreme Court judge could set back womens rights, gay rights and minority rights to the level they were at in the 1960s.  Lets also keep an eye on this judge when it comes to the Mueller investigation as this judge has previously stated and ruled that the President should be protected from any litigation or legal issues while he is in office, that in itself should rule this right wing religious bigot out of contention!!  

Almost everything he says is geared towards his predominantly lower income white male base supporters who live in rural areas or Southern States.  He is appealing to the lowest base point by attacking minorities, women and anything that is socially driven rather than market driven and his support for that reason encompasses just about every while supremacists group that exist over here!! He is driving hate against non-Americans, hate against non-whites and generally pedaling shit through his chosen media outlets while claiming everything else as fake news.
I don't know how popular he is to be honest,I haven't seen many recent polls except the one where the majority agree he should be invited here as President of the most powerful country in the free world and one of our closest allies ,despite the Mayor of London spouting his vile hatred against the idea and insisting he should be banned as if he is speaking for the nation . but I am hearing if there was a Presidential election right now Trump would have a good chance of getting back in .
I get the impression those squealing the loudest are in the minority not just because they hate him but its the nature of most liberals and leftists to cry and squeal a lot if things dont go their way. .It may have looked like a lot of people campaigning in the UK yesterday but it still only represents a tiny proportion of the population .Jeremy Corbyn is a campaigning expert, he has done it all his life, its what he is good at ,but it is a lot easier to protest against the decisions than to make the decisions .
Isn't it ironic that the great capitalist Trump is actually trying to give a better life to those who are the most needy ie those on lower incomes who have been ignored for many years by previous governments .
I think we need to understand that much of America is astonishingly different from this country. God was sacked from his job years ago over here, (Allah has put in a tentative bid for that position), but in parts of America they sit down to eat with Him every day of the week before going out to massacre a few classmates who've been getting on their its.

At best Trump is a sociopath. He'd ditch a friend, a wife, a child then weep tears he'll convince himself are genuine when he sees their lives in ruin. He's quite capable of holding two opposing opinions at once - cage those migrants and take away their kids; aw see how sad they look, why are we doing that? But psychopaths and sociopaths rise to the top in business all the time, in other countries they become tyrants, we hope democracies will root them out and the electorate will see through them .......... but Germany voted for Hitler and America voted for .........

And sometimes, despite a worse hairstyle than Arthur Scargill or Jason Lee, Trump gets things right too. You can't negotiate if you don't hold on to the right to walk away completely. You don't write down the deal you want unless you are going to be happy with much less ....... And that throws us, because hey we might begin to think getting Boris Johnson as PM will be a bona idea. We might want to waterboard a few people, treat women like dirt, get real suspicious of gays and build them pink toilets and maybe they could wear a pink star so we don't make a pass at them. If we only had a great big wallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, that's wall, wallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
(14-07-2018, 09:54)bluepooch Wrote:  but I am hearing if there was a Presidential election right now Trump would have a good chance of getting back in .

Blue, where are you hearing that he would win an election if it was held right now?? Due to the electoral college system they have over here a US Presidential Election is won or lost with the results from 5-6 states - Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Missouri - all states that backed Trump more than expected in 2016 on the back of the promises he made with regards to jobs in manufacturing and other heavy industries such as mining. Yet only a year in there has been little change in terms of unemployment in those states and certainly nowhere near the impact he was supposed to have on the jobs he said he would bring, in fact due to his stupid tariff war Harley Davidson have moved production from Wisconsin to Brazil and it is expected that the car manufacturers will do the same once tariffs on cars comes in!! No coal mines have opened and no jobs have been created there either. Inflation is rising, so are interest rates and the fed are expecting that to carry on, particualrly with a 25% price hike on a lot of products. It is difficult to know what would happen in these states if the election was tomorrow but a lot of the poll data is suggesting that in the November mid-term elections the Democrats are looking good to pick up a number of seats that were won by Trump in 2016.

(14-07-2018, 09:54)bluepooch Wrote: I get the impression those squealing the loudest are in the minority not just because they hate him but its the nature of most liberals and leftists to cry and squeal a lot if things dont go their way. .It may have looked like a lot of people campaigning in the UK yesterday but it still only represents a tiny proportion of the population .Jeremy Corbyn is a campaigning expert, he has done it all his life, its what he is good at ,but it is a lot easier to protest against the decisions than to make the decisions .

I disagree with your characterization of the protesters “squealing”, certainly over here anyway. Trump is on a campaign to denigrate and falsely label anyone who isn’t White American, society in general should not be accepting this rhetoric, nor the actions that come with it. Protests against the wall are certainly not solely the domain of the left either, a lot of Republicans are against that and actively so. His tariffs have drawn protests backed by trade unions and by big business, including the Koch brothers, the Republican Parties biggest corporate backers.

History is littered with so called Liberals squealing about things where real change was achieved - those damn women in the 1920’s, those pesky darkies in the 1960s and the gay rights movement in recent years. All these campaigns were started by Liberals who had to protest to get what they wanted, they weren’t squealing!!!

(14-07-2018, 09:54)bluepooch Wrote: Isn't it ironic that the great capitalist Trump is actually trying to give a better life to those who are the most needy ie those on lower incomes who have been ignored for many years by previous governments .

Again, what are you reading to make this statement? What on earth has he done that benefits those on lower incomes?? He lowered corporation taxes for business, 99% of companies are not passing this onto their low paid workers, he brought in new income tax rules, guess what my tax went up yet if I had earned $1m last year it would have gone down - surprise, surprise!!! He has abolished parts of Obamacare, that has put 10m lower income people back into a situation where they have no health insurance and rates have gone up for the lowest cost plans, again only benefits the rich or business owners. I would love to see any example of something he has done to help the lower income bracket!! Of course we could spend $25 billion on a wall and get the Mexican immigrants here legally to build it while on minimum wage!!!
Charles, you are wasting your time. Blue is like Trump - makes a statement then denies he said anything like it, that's probably why he likes him so much - its just like looking in a mirror.
Its this sort of thing that puts ordinary people like me off the protests and makes me want to side with Trump .Are these people saner than Trump ?
https://twitter.com/Gareth99999/status/1...7033304065
Luckily I think most people across the world are saner than Trump.

It was surely his lack of sanity that marked him out for the top, not his sanity.

Why does the school bully rule? Is it because he's the toughest, or the best fighter? OR is it because he's the only one who'll punch somebody right in the face again and again until their nose and mouth turn to pulp?

Like most bullies when he comes up against somebody really tough he'll acquiesce or go home crying. Personally I don't think he's worth the protest. Being the centre of attention is a reward in itself for him - like it was for Ian Brady.

(I love America by the way, but the god-fearin' white right make my flesh crawl. Trump's passing interest in the poor goes no deeper than lachrymose sentimentality. He are mostly 'nt'rested in collectin' their rust-belt Deliverance votes.)