Thread Rating:
He's been gone too long
Newly reappointed Luton boss Nathan Jones says he must regain the respect of fans after he "betrayed" them in the way he left for Stoke last year.

The Welshman, 46, has signed a "long-term" deal to return to Kenilworth Road 16 months after choosing to leave.

Jones led Luton to promotion from League Two in 2017-18, before departing in January 2019 when they were second in the League One table.

"I went against everything they'd [Luton supporters] given me," he said.

Jones told BBC Three Counties Radio: "I love the club and I wholeheartedly regret how those events came about because I could've handled that so much better.

"I had a fantastic relationship with the fans - I betrayed that. But I had to earn that, let's not forget, because I wasn't embraced immediately and that's exactly what I intend to do again."

The former Brighton and Yeovil coach - who will be assisted by Hatters legend Mick Harford - was sacked by Stoke in November after winning just six of his 38 matches with the club.

Luton are second-bottom of the Championship, six points from safety, with many second-tier clubs returning to training this week more than two months after the season was suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

After the uproar of their fan base and their new found hatred of everything Stoke, the Luton fans once again demonstrate how short a football fan's memory actually is!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »