Thread Rating:
The Hundred
(03-08-2021, 11:19)Tobias Chuddlewick Wrote: I'm guessing the profit margin on a pint of Carlsberg is in the region of £4 + at least selling at £6.15 !! Very pricey but I suppose if you want to join in with the singing . . 

Meanwhile, back to the cricket . . . . . .  . .

I'm not sure who provides the wet sales at Headingley, normally something like this gets gets farmed out to a company like Sodexo who pay a lump sum for the rights. I know it takes any liabilities away from the club but surely the club are capable of working out the numbers and weighing up profit against any potential loss over season to take this operation in house.

As for the cricket, Northern Superchargers Women are going along nicely, unbeaten in 3 with a further non result. Jemimah Rodrigues top scoring with 166 from 92 balls including a cracking 92 not out. I've been impressed with standard of the Women's game.
Tom Harrison to step down as ECB chief executive, effective next month. As the Hundred was his brainchild (or brainfart, as the case may be), this finally provides an opportunity for the competition to be properly debated and reconsidered with grassroots input from fans. Obviously it's with us at least until the TV deal expires in 2024, but there's fresh hope now that in the long term we may be able to restore the Championship to the heart of summer, market televised county-based T20 (with an eight-team "Premier League" if need be) to Hundred converts, and toss this mistake where it belongs, alongside World Series Cricket.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »