Thread Rating:
The Ashes 2019 - Australia in England
Smith vulnerable when he gets to 140 and LS you are right we are not winning this
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

There are slight allowances to be made for the weakened bowling attack and the indisputable genius of Steve Smith, but from start to finish this day has been a pure 1990s shocker. On home soil. On our strongest ground. So many questions have to be asked of Root's tactics, leadership and ability to inspire the team when things are going wrong. I said in the preview that losing this series wouldn't spell the end of his captaincy, but all of a sudden I'm not so sure. A few more days like this one in the weeks to come, and there are going to be rumblings.

Can only hope we play a blinder from here on and I end up eating my words.
Lost by miles

Australia go from 122-8 on the first day to winning by 251 with over a session to spare. Let the meltdown commence.
Not seen any of today's play but chuff me! How on earth has this gone so spectacularly wrong? And on the ground where we always win!
Injured bowlers hasn't helped but I didn't realise our batsmen were this poor. This isn't the 1980s. Blush
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
[Image: Ashes-Jardine-Larwood.jpg]

SECOND TEST SQUAD

Joe Root ©
Jofra Archer
Jonny Bairstow (wk)
Stuart Broad
Rory Burns
Jos Buttler (wk)
Sam Curran
Joe Denly
Jack Leach
Jason Roy
Ben Stokes
Chris Woakes

Anderson and Moeen both rightly dropped, Archer and Leach in to replace them.
Pleased to see that England came through the first day of the Lord's Test unscathed Whistle
Lord Snooty likes this post
Set for a nailbiting final day at Lords. Six wickets left, Stokes and Buttler at the crease, need to bat out at least the first session and try and push for a target of 200+. Jofra looks the real deal, shades of the old West Indian quicks of yesteryear, and it's clear his pace has got Smith rattled. Aussies whinging all over social media that it's Bodyline mark II. They don't like it up 'em.
Four wickets needed in six overs, Denly has just taken a one handed catch which can only be described as piss taking

Close to winning, but in the end, no cigar.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »