Thread Rating:
Sheridan Invents the Wheel
John Sheridan has finally happened across Joe Rowley. Apparently he was in the dressing room and had been turning up to training since his last game in December.

It turns out he's good player, he's only nineteen and he might get another game if Mr Sheridan can find a suitably un-pressurised opportunity for him in a game that doesn't matter.

Luckily Mr Sheridan is going to look after him because he's got a contract. Obviously Mr Sheridan is likely to be overcome with shock when Levi Amantchi returns from Mickleover and Luke Rawson sneaks in from Norton crossroads.

The big reason Rowley is worth persisting with is he has a goal in him ..... and we've a lot of players who really haven't. Being almost invisible might also prove an asset.
Do you mean the square wheel that's stuck in the mud?
Why do you keep going on and on about playing and encouraging our own youngsters when we can bring in youngsters from other teams and make them better players by giving them game time?
Our own youngsters don't need encouraging, they need farming out to teams further down the pyramid to perform in front of 100 or so spectators.
That will do it.

I bet you any money you like Rowley gets sent out on loan before the end of the season,
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
(14-03-2019, 19:39)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: I bet you any money you like Rowley gets sent out on loan before the end of the season,

Want to open a book on that? Also what teams and odds?
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
It's bad enough he largely ignores our youngsters, but when he talks about them as if he has uncovered a complete dinosaur skellington in a Dorset beach fall ........ well it's a bit too much for me. If Bluepooch wasn't already dead that piece from Sheridan would've killed him.

Bloody hell Joe Rowley played for us in Division One. Just because his name doesn't appear on one of Sheri's teamsheets doesn't make him a shock new discovery does it? How drunk is this man? There's a vacancy at Oldham ......... again.
(15-03-2019, 19:06)Devongone Wrote: There's a vacancy at Oldham ......... again.

9/1 are his odds, fallen from 16/1
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I gave up on god a long time ago but if there's anyway he could pull of this miracle I might drop a tenner in the collection box the next wedding or funeral I do.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Everybody knows the problem with Joe Rowley is that he hasn't improved in the way we hoped he would. He actually could do with an excellent former midfielder like Sheridan taking him under his wing. The impact he made when he got into the first team at 17 would've have suggested that two years on and two divisions down he'd be a star. He should be moving on and up ...... now. Next season he should be the best player in the National League and putting himself in the shop window for the EFL. (But in line with our usual genius it'll probably become clear we've turned a genuine talent into a fringe player with a long contract.)

Our butcher is from Oldham. He's definitely not keen on the idea of Sheridan coming back ........ He says they can't afford to extend the bar in the club. I don't know what he means.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »