Thread Rating:
Stats Thread
Give us some interesting Stats!

I'm hoping someone can give some stats for this one:-

I've watched approx 600 Albion Home games, but can only recall a handful of Opposition penalties in those games (over 60 years).
Yesterday there were 43 League games, and the penalties scored were 5 (Home team) and 5 (Away team), so you'd expect Away pens to be something like (say 5 + 1 missed) = 6/43. That would be 1 Away pen in 7 which - over 600 games - would equate to about 80 in my 600 games.
I might have a terrible memory, but that 80 is more likely 8!!!!!

Come on, Ska'd! Any stats for Away pens over the years??
Any more interesting stats?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
We have had spells where we never had a penalty home or away for months, I think Burnley are having an issue with blind ref's at the moment.
Ask Bomber Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Come on you Statos.

Is it true that if Norwich only played 80 mins, they'd be in the relegation zone?
Read an interesting penalty stat the other day. Sam Johnston faced 4 penalty's for us, and has been beaten 0 times.
On Satday there were 42 League matches played, and 10 pens scored (4 by Away team). I know refs give pens for picking your nose these days, but that's 1 in 10 roughly for the Away team.
......and, as I said, I've watched about 600 WBA Home games and definitely not seen 60 Away pens - and definitely not 30 (1/2 that number) - more like 10 max.
Can someone back me up. It would be interesting.

Come to think of it, the number awarded to Albion has been nowhere near on par. Spooky.
Saft, I think the explanation is that our defenders have always been so clean (Gabriel Tamas...), non-fouling (Kyle Bartley...) and gentlemanly (Paul Robinson...) that they never give any opportunity for the ref to give a penalty. We should be proud.
And as for the few penalties we are awarded, it just points to the fact that our strikers are so elusive and prolific (Luke Moore...) that there's no need. Either that or all the refs are something that I gave up saying when I got ordained.
Have a happy one, all.
(31-12-2018, 15:57)Baggievicar Wrote: Saft, I think the explanation is that our defenders have always been so clean (Gabriel Tamas...), non-fouling (Kyle Bartley...) and gentlemanly (Paul Robinson...) that they never give any opportunity for the ref to give a penalty. We should be proud.
And as for the few penalties we are awarded, it just points to the fact that our strikers are so elusive and prolific (Luke Moore...) that there's no need. Either that or all the refs are something that I gave up saying when I got ordained.
Have a happy one, all.

Laugh
Same to you, Vic. Don't do anything I wouldn't. Whistle
(31-12-2018, 14:24)talkSAFT Wrote: On Satday there were 42 League matches played, and 10 pens scored (4 by Away team). I know refs give pens for picking your nose these days, but that's 1 in 10 roughly for the Away team.
......and, as I said, I've watched about 600 WBA Home games and definitely not seen 60 Away pens - and definitely not 30 (1/2 that number) - more like 10 max.
Can someone back me up. It would be interesting.

Come to think of it, the number awarded to Albion has been nowhere near on par. Spooky.

In the last 8.5 seasons Away Teams have scored 13 pens (can't find stats for pens missed) at The Hawthorns - that's 1.5 per Season. I didn't realise it was as many as that, but I've only averaged 4 games a year since I moved away 7 years ago.
I'd like to know how many we've conceded in years gone by, but can't find such stats anywhere via Google. I'm interested, as I say, because I can hardly recall more than a handful - or 2 - in the 50 years before then.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »