Thread Rating:
Southampton - what next?
Well that (7-0 defeat) is gonna hurt!

Will there be a major event following this game or will people suck it in and move onto training with the pledge that it will never happen again.

Watching with great interest.

I have a friend who is a season ticket holding home and away regular, Sunderland fan. I just hope he was not at that match as it will take weeks of regular beers to get him back into a good state of mind.

Pardew being sacked might be the defribulator required for a quick recovery.
8-0 in the end! Gonna have to catch MOTD if only for the own goal

Southampton on a serious roll but questions about Sunderland, I thought they might be a bit light upfront with just Wickham/Fletcher but at the back?
Damn. I knew it was 8-0. Will leave my post as is, so to keep the flow.
So Sunderland at home to Arsenal today. What a tough gig if you are the manager, do you punish players and switch the team about or do you go with the same squad on the basis last week was best forgotten?
You have to take the attitude of that result being a one off and throw the videos of the game in the trash. Not even worth bringing up in any team meetings, forget it and move on. Having to play Arsenal next game though was not good and the result, while respectable was very predictable!! At the end of the day the teams in the bottom 7 or 8 will have their fate decided not by games against the top 6, but by the results against each other. Sunderland are not my favorites to go down and Poyet will have them fired up when he needs to, there are definitely three worse teams on paper currently!!
Agree, Poyet will get them fired up and I do think they have enough about them as a squad to resolve things. Your comments on other threads about the current bottom 5 rings true - the likelihood being that the related teams will come from that set of teams (or at least I hope so as an Albion fan).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »