Thread Rating:
Rangers FC v Hibs, Sat 12 August, KO 3.00pm
So unbeaten Hibs travel west along the M8 to take on a Rangers side that has been 'cobbled together' by their latest manager, the likeable Pedro Caixinha who seems so 'out of place' within the negative surroundings of Ibronx! I wonder what the Portuguese honestly 'makes' of the shit that prevails within this footie club? Hibs manager, Neil Lennon, will be relishing a return on the 'glorious twelfth' to a stadium that has borne some good memories on the footie front but some awful ones when it comes to uncontrolled events with certain 'scum jobs' within the ranks of Gers fans!! Lenny also having a nice predicament in deciding which players to choose and who to miss out in his quest to find his most effective line up to deal with Rangers and frustrate them with an uncompromising defence - a 'springboard' to push forward and attack Rangers defence, particularly with 'searching cross baws' that Rangers defenders seem to be uncomfortable with. Lenny definitely has a team that can beat Rangers, of that I have no doubt, and our best strikers could play a big part in 'doing the biz'. Another factor that could be a major influence on the result is the choice of main match official. I hope we have a strong referee and no dodgy PKs or red cards please - lets do it on a 'head to head' confrontation with no ref interference and may the best team win!

GGTTH
I'd be surprised if we don't score at least once on Saturday, a player of stokes qualities will enjoy having a go at that hun defence,murray will give them no peace to settle. Remember how Motherwell opened them up time and time again?

Sevco have a fair bit of pace up top and miller is always a threat but I don't think we really need fear this tie as long as we defend well and most importantly start the game solidly.

I'll plump for a 3-5-2 and stokesy playing off murray.

rocky

efe
McGregor
hanlon

whittaker
mcginn
mcgeough
bartley (if fit) if not gray and move whitts inside
stevo

murray
stokes

from the bench we could potentially call on swanson,boyle,big dave and slivka if we need to change it.

cmon the hibees.
ritchiebaby likes this post
I'm pondering the choice of McGeouch or Swanny in such a potentially physical match - a hard one to call! Also at CB is Hanlon ready for this type of game yet? I'm sure Lenny will call it as he sees it on the training ground and in recent match performances.
The club issuing a fairly strict line/statement re travel to Ibronx + good behaviour required while the supporters' association urging Hibs fans to travel carefully and in numbers if poss, avoid the city centre, try to film evidence of stewards and Police who are 'turning a blind eye' to aggressive acts/incidents created by Rangers fans and avoidance of certain car parks that are regarded as 'taboo' with regard to fan safety. A game of footie??? It shouldn't be like this and it's time the Scottish govt showed a more than serious interest in this shit if the predicted angst/aggro materialises tomorrow!!
Listen lads if yer going through be careful those loony bastards are gunning for you's after the final,they attacked our fans at ibrox when we were running away with the championship they are bitter twisted arseholes.
They will never live down Hampden.

Or they sold their club for nothing to Craig Whyte.

We will always be their superiors.
Just take the three points an leave them licking there baws
(11-08-2017, 23:06)0762 Wrote: The club issuing a fairly strict line/statement re travel to Ibronx + good behaviour required while the supporters' association urging Hibs fans to travel carefully and in numbers if poss, avoid the city centre, try to film evidence of stewards and Police who are 'turning a blind eye' to aggressive acts/incidents created by Rangers fans and avoidance of certain car parks that are regarded as 'taboo' with regard to fan safety. A game of footie???  It shouldn't be like this and it's time the Scottish govt showed a more than serious interest in this shit if the predicted angst/aggro materialises tomorrow!!

Said it before,but since the gap between them and sellick widened we have become the targets of their sectarian bully boys. Look at their forums and the terminology they use towards us and our manager. Its sickening,its just a game ffs.

If we win the day they are going to go mental.
Spot on jim. It's so clear for everyone to see their bigoted views some of the stuff on social media from their fans leading upto this game is bang out of order. Hopefully police scotland will be knocking on a few doors.

Good comments from Fred hopefully it all good for our fans travelling today.

GGTTH
Remember cooperpooper on here threatening to fight us at easter road and then bottling it ? Laugh Laugh Laugh

No doubt there is a huge nasty element to their support but a lot of them are keyboard warriors like him who would soil themselves the moment anyone stood up to them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »