Thread Rating:
Ayr United v Hibs, Sat 29 April, KO 3.00pm
Well Ayr United are definitely still 'playing for something' and survival is the key word as they continue their fight to fend off relegation. Lenny's plan for this match will likely involve most of the players who were 'rested' v Raith Rovers and I'm sure Hibs will take a more relaxed approach to playing United on their own patch. It should be another comfortable win and I'll be curious to see what striking partnership Lenny opts for this time round.

GGTTH
Same again I would say, why not? I imagine the "big" team will be taking a bow come May 6th at ER V the Saints of Mirren.
It will be interesting 0762 I watched STV sports desk tonight Jason was asked if he would be st HFC next season he said he would love to stay at HFC but he considers his job done. I'm not saying he's leaving but wee Keats scored 2 good goals v raith rovers so for me he deserves his place on sat if he does not start what does that say to Keats ?

I hope he gives Scott Martin & Fraser Murray another run out maybe even give wee crane a run at left back as HFC says the first team squad will take their place v st midden to collect the trophy and rightly so

GGTTH
It's also a pity Ollie Shaw couldn't be given a 1st team debut up front just to see how he fares at this level but Hibs have loaned him out at the mo - a good move to gradually 'blood him in' and hopefully his chance will come later.
(27-04-2017, 22:18)hfcbounce Wrote: It will be interesting 0762 I watched STV sports desk tonight Jason was asked if he would be st HFC next season he said he would love to stay at HFC but he considers his job done. I'm not saying he's leaving but wee Keats scored 2 good goals v raith rovers so for me he deserves his place on sat if he does not start what does that say to Keats ?

I hope he gives Scott Martin & Fraser Murray another run out maybe even give wee crane a run at left back as HFC says the first team squad will take their place v st midden to collect the trophy and rightly so

GGTTH

Re Keatings, he's apparently 'considering his options' before deciding what to do next after his upcoming contract expiry - wants regular games but not guaranteed to be obliged at ER. On a separate note, I notice that Nicholson is leaving Hertz under 'freedom of contract'. I wonder if Hibs would possibly sign him up if he's interested? It's a curious possibility - he appears to be a 'bit of a crock' who doesn't play regularly, his form has been 'hot n cold' prob due to injuries disrupting any kinda decent form and yet maybe worth a punt to see if we can encourage a better player out of him! He would need to cut out that offensive spitting habit although it looks like it was a one-off incident v St Johnstone anyway.
Defo gamble on Nicholson to me he stills to grow up a bit. But if HFC are gonna make a statement of intent I'd love to Jamie walker in our team he a nightmare to play against never stops running and scores goals.
Not sure what price he would cost us so for that reason I no it won't happen.

GGTTH
Cummings sounds like he is for the off if he gets a better option. Or at least thats how i read it.

As for the game ayr need to win,so i expect a tough afternoon and it might be good to see how the youngsters handle that ?
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7514

FT 0-4 and a comfortable Hibs win as predicted. Good to see Jason, Keats and Boyly all on the score sheet! Thumb up
Impressive win today. We all know the league is over but winning is a good habit to get into. Keep it up next week v the Saints of Mirren.
I thought Lennon would have played some more young guns but to be fair he played a strong team perhaps paying respect to the teams fighting the drop which is fair enough.
Only one team in it today hibs won 4-0 but it could have been 8-0 Cummings had everyone laughing after his second when he impersonated grant holt doing the incredible holt the boys mental.

Thought Holt & Fyvie where in a class of their own today big man never stopped running and pressing all day then could not believe his miss from 2 yds when McGinn put him in at the back post. Fyvie hunted like a man possessed today never stopped hibs where just better all over the park. Good to see gary Parker having a laugh with young Fraser Murray when he got on a few comments maybe the crowd should not have heard but the young lad took it in his stride. Onto next week now and the presentation yessssss should be another day to remember at Easter Rd.

GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »