Thread Rating:
SPURS - we only watch when we're winning?
Your side reaches the semi final of the FA Cup. The game is only up the road at Wembley. Your team plays very well, often outplaying the league leaders. You score one excellent goal through Harry Kane and one superb one when Eriksen and the marvellous Dele Alli combine. Unfortunately you make three mistakes in defence and Chelsea punish you every time. Then ten minutes from time the one Chelsea player who hasn't threatened to do anything at all scores with an absolute screamer.

What do you do? (Your team keeps coming forward trying to get back in the game ........)

If you are a Tottenham fan you think oh not again and leave immediately. You can't wait to get home. Okay getting from Wembley to your house is pretty simple, but hey you couldn't stay and applaud your lads. You couldn't appreciate Dembele's ball skills or Eriksen's passing. You couldn't try and lift your team for their next league game. You gotta get home.

As Extra Time was possible there wasn't anything you HAD to do, was there? Go home for a wafty crank and a chocolate digestive, or what?

When a team doesn't give 100% fans are quick to let them know. You're letting us down they cry. Well what about walking out on your team when they are giving their all? Try supporting a team like Chesterfield who reached that stage once and may never do it again!

Thousands walked out on Tottenham when the least they deserved was applause. And how rude was it to Chelsea who beat a very good team? Sorry Spurs, I thought you loved football but you only love winning. GROW UP!
St Charles Owl and Lord Snooty like this post
Fairly typical of Premier League fans, particularly at the top end!! Look at the Arsenal fans who are lamenting the "catastrophe" that has beset their club by being outside the top 4!! I know these clubs live in a different universe to most of the rest of us but some measure of humility and recognition of the privileged position they are in wouldn't go amiss! Just ask a Leyton Orient fan about the meaning of "catastrophe"!!
Taking not one but two kicks in the balls like those 2 late goals would have anyone running for cover.

xxxx loathe Chelsea as well.
To leave ten minutes from time when you've a team with Spurs' goal power you're not only disloyal but you're a footballing moron. They were playing so well ........

And what would you do if you wanted to protest. If you leave the FA Cup semi ten minutes early when you are still in the game, how do you protest when you're 4-0 down at halftime and facing relegation to the Vanarama?
Living near that part of the world or at least having to pass through it every tube trip many years ago i presume they were all leaving as not to get there heads kicked in by the chelsea fans Laugh Once i was lucky enough to be on the tube passing through with spurs and chelsea fans on it Doh and it wasnt pretty ill tell you Whistle
You're too kind to them Imre. Man, I never thought I'd say you were too kind mate.

THey were crowing like cockerels on heat at 2-0 up against The Arse'. They'd have stayed on an extra hour.

THey hadn't got the guts to lose in the semi. Same reason more players from losing teams get sent off from the 88th minute onwards than any other time IMO. Gutless.

They should be made to play rugby. You stay till the end, shake hands and wait to find out who the rugby master's going to molest.
And Chelsea fans started leaving Wembley early.

You live in London you feckin idjits. You've been winning all season. Your team didn't want to lose. Support Leyton Orient till you get a passport to adulthood!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »