Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Every time I think, that it can't get worse, it actually does!! Never better, always worse.

It's wonderful that Big Tuna poured lots of his own money in, I'm grateful for the very few positives he brought to us. truth is, the honeymoon was over years ago and he's been riding his own coat tails since.

We all gave him the benefit of the doubt as he stated he was learning on the job to run a football Club. However, at this point it seems he's either a shady, corner cutting businessman or he's simply a complete buffoon, easily pushed over by administrative crooks within his employ.

Either way he is responsible and at this stage he is not taking the Club forwards and is, in fact, jeopardising it currently.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Smartass Smartass Smartass Smartass

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club has today filed its response to the charges brought against it by the English Football League for alleged misconduct concerning the sale and leaseback of Hillsborough stadium and the inclusion of the profit on that sale in the Club’s 2017/18 accounts. The Club has informed the EFL that the charges are themselves unlawful and, without prejudice to that fact, are all denied by the Club and the other Respondents.

The Club has reserved all of its rights against the EFL and will take all such actions as are necessary to protect its rights and integrity, and those of its current and former officers, including in relation to inaccurate reporting. The Club has also notified the EFL that it stands ready to bring a claim against the EFL to obtain compensation for its conduct.  

The Club maintains that it consulted with the relevant executive officers of the EFL in connection with the stadium transaction and that it acted in good faith. The Club has in its possession numerous emails, letters and other documents in which the EFL gave authorisation to the transaction, and on which authorisation the Club understood it could rely. That authorisation gave rise in law to a legitimate expectation that the transaction would be accepted by the EFL, which is binding on the EFL. The EFL is acting in breach of that binding legitimate expectation by retrospectively treating as misconduct that which it had itself previously authorised, and this makes the charges themselves unlawful. The Club is accordingly bringing its own claim against the EFL to establish that it is acting unlawfully, as well as standing ready, if necessary, to vigorously defend the charges.  

The Club will make no further comment at this time.
Statesideowl likes this post
Win or lose the EFL will punish us as they're above or outside the law apparently.

It's just exhausting. Let's just try to focus on the pitch results and come what may
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
The statement looks to good to be true ? Did he write the emails with Smiley's do you think ? Or maybe he sent them to father Christmas ?
Whatever the Efl has decided they are going to eff us over so they probably ..sorry nailed on will like stateside says !
(04-12-2019, 21:32)Imre varadi Wrote: The statement looks to good to be true ? Did he right the emails with Smiley's do you think ? Or maybe he sent them to father Christmas ?
Whatever the Efl has decided they are going to eff us over so they probably ..sorry nailed on will like stateside says !

If he was using this site the f'ucking smiley's wouldn't work Laugh

(04-12-2019, 21:12)Statesideowl Wrote: Win or lose the EFL will punish us as they're above or outside the law apparently.

Re FF being cleared in court but found guilty by these wankers Doh can't wait for them to bring in the ducking stool or maybe throw them in the river and if they float they are guilty Doh
Statesideowl, Imre varadi, Washington like this post
and complicated
I don’t know what to make of that statement from the club!! While I like the fighting spirit and the ascertain that we have evidence to show the EFL gave us permission to do what we did, the tone that clearly says we will essentially go legal on the EFL seems a bit antagonistic against a body that doesn’t do well with threats!! I just don’t have a good feeling about where this is going.
Statesideowl likes this post
Exactly, Charlie

The indignation and impunity of the EFL is staggering.

I'd rather stop shoving a stick in the lions cage as this lot have already made an example of us.

It's not fair but it's just like the real world now, with small to average clubs having no rights, as the lower classes. And those at the top enjoying all the benefits including exemption from criminality, such as the ruling class.
Imre varadi likes this post
Iorfa named POTM.

Regarding the off-field stuff, even if we are found innocent, the EFL will probably find some way to punish us. Like most football authorities, they are corrupt.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news...ally-paid/

Here we go ..chairman bieng so good at his job again ! I know if they partially paid me I'd be wanting to know why the f..uck! And concentrating more on that than my work !
(09-12-2019, 00:14)Imre varadi Wrote: https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news...ally-paid/

Here we go ..chairman bieng so good at his job again ! I know if they partially paid me I'd be wanting to know why the f..uck! And concentrating more on that than my work !

Thats not a good sign of anything, hopefully it was just an admin issue rather than anything more sinister.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »