Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
(01-02-2018, 03:05)St Charles Owl Wrote: So the transfer window ends with just one player in and one player out on loan.  No real surprises there with a new manager coming in so late.  Interestingly after all the fuss there were no rumours that I saw about George Hirst, does this mean we are talking to him again or has the outside interest just disappeared??

Cheaper under a tribunal in the summer ???

(01-02-2018, 03:58)peiowl Wrote: Disappointing really.

Saving everything for a summer turnover. Getting Rhodes last January didn't help a lot did it ?
There wasnt much point the season was finished in november !

Hopefully this manger willl buy in the summer and take them to Grimsby for the summer tour !
Baggiebob(BBB) likes this post
(01-02-2018, 04:41)Imre varadi Wrote: There wasnt much point the season was finished in november !

Hopefully this manger willl buy in the summer and take them to Grimsby for the summer tour !

To be fair the season was over when we didnt f@ck carlos off after the playoff loss.
Maddix likes this post
true enough Washington. we do need someone who can score goals though. the finishing touch is just not there. I had hoped he would have unloaded Nuhiu, maybe even Rhodes, in exchange for a quality striker. But, as you say, he's (Jos) the new kid on the block and he'll want to take a good hard look at what he has on deck.
"God Save the King."
1230 facup game ffs thats not watchable over here 630
Southeyowl likes this post
(01-02-2018, 15:18)Imre varadi Wrote: 1230 facup game ffs thats not watchable over here 630

No good for me either, £pm kick off is my excuse to go for a few pints, with the lads before the game! 12.30 means no beer before hand! Sad
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Stop banging on about that stupid fa cup. Who cares about it? Not me. I'd get more out of watching a game of pocket billiards Whistle Whistle

Say after me:

"Out of respect for pei, I won't mention the f.a. cup again." Doh Doh
"God Save the King."
itsok for you as youre blades scrubbers still have the league to play for !

apart from The Madine transfer of 6 million which is pure madness Doh i missed this one Jordin Hugill of PNE 10 million WTF !!!! Does this mean Hooper is worth 20 million now ? if its true then sell the fat xxxx in the summer Whistle
(01-02-2018, 15:18)Imre varadi Wrote: 1230 facup game ffs thats not watchable over here 630
SCO and I will be up to watch it at 4:30 Imre Whistle Whistle

I get up at 5 normally for work anyway so an extra 30 mins isn't going to hurt. Crazy US design office hours but it means I get a 3 day weekend most of the time.
St Charles Owl likes this post
(01-02-2018, 15:08)peiowl Wrote: true enough Washington. we do need someone who can score goals though. the finishing touch is just not there. I had hoped he would have unloaded Nuhiu, maybe even Rhodes, in exchange for a quality striker. But, as you say, he's  (Jos) the new kid on the block and he'll want to take a good hard look at what he has on deck.

At the moment Nuhiu is the only player scoring goals for us and with the form Rhodes is in who was going to step up and buy him? Lets also not forget, the way FFP is set up if we sold Rhodes it would put us more in danger of a transfer embargo than if we keep him.

Besides, where was that quality striker going to come from? Madine went for between 6 and 8 million, no way we are going to be paying any fees like that so anyone we bring in was going to have to be a gamble from abroad or the lower leagues. We have strikers who we have all said were good enough to get goals in this division when we signed them, Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, FF and Joao have all been good enough in the past but they are all either injured or out of form. Fletcher is the weakest of that lot for me but we have really missed Hooper and FF!! Rhodes will score goals if we play to his strengths but do we have the players in midfield to do that? For me I would rather spend any transfer money we have on midfielders who are creative enough to give our forwards the chances to score, so lets focus on improving that part of the team. We have some players in there we can sell and others we can let go at the end of their contracts, but pace on the wings is needed and a midfield general is still sadly lacking.
Washington and Maddix like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »