Thread Rating:
Raith Rovers v Hibs, Sat 15 October, KO 3.00pm
Well it's back to league footie business after another very depressing week for the reputation of the game in Scotland - World Cup failure and team/player weaknesses evident for all to see.

I think Neil Lennon will revert back to what he probably regards as his most secure side to 'do the biz' at Stark's Pk. The last time when I quickly drove up to this venue, it was the midweek play-off match in which Hibs undeservedly lost 1-0 but it was the old story of lotsa possession but the chances created were not being converted, even 'one on one' run ins on the Raith goalie! Doh  They 'park the bus', if they still have an interest in the game they wait for the final quarter and then they have a go and try to 'steal the game'!! We thankfully changed that in the return leg but it wasn't good enough! Thumb down
I think Lenny's team will look like this one:

Rocky
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevo
Fontaine
Bartley McGinn Fyvie
Holt Cummings/Keatings
Subs: Boyle, McGeouch, Shinnie, Forster, Crane, Eardley

Lennon's job is to 'lift' this team from it's sluggish, lethargic state particularly up front where it's very clear that chances are being created but they are not being converted by the usual suspects. We're still in a good position hovering around the top of the Championship and there is an opportunity to possibly top the league by Saturday night but that has to be earned with a good, competent 90 mins of effort and endeavour. I'll wish the guys good luck but luck should not enter the equation as Hibs are definitely a superior side to this average Raith team. All I'd say is keep a close eye on Skacel and 'kick him off the park' if necessary as I'm aware of these little coincidences where 'over the hill' strikers like him and Dobbie (and others) do some damage to Hibs defences that are not vigilant enough to deal with them. Ultimately it's all about what we do and lifting our performances to a far more positive level of commitment!

GGTTH
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings

Holt
Cummings

I think shinnie and bartley might drop to the bench for this one,unless we go 3-5-2
I forgot about Dylan but I'm wondering if Lennon will go for positive attack or cautious 'defend and attack'. I hope he's positive and 'goes for it' - we must start showing a bit of arrogance, tough tackling and merciless finishing against teams like Raith Rovers - no letting up!! Re Andrew Shinnie, I'm not a fan after watching how shit he was v Saint Mirren and share my eldest son's view - he was always opposed to the Shinnie signing and didn't rate him as a Hibs standard of player.
I think shinnie will prove to be a decent loan signing. Time will tell.
Jim. You had to attend that Irn Bru Cup match to appreciate the worst side of Shinnie unless the player had decided not to 'try a leg' in that match - unacceptable anyway. He could hardly even control a football quickly in that game and looked cumbersome and 'leggy' - should've been replaced by Lennon in the 1st half and definitely doesn't deserve a starting place for this game.
He also played a superb pass through for the opening goal the other week.
Lets forget about the St Mirren game it's a piss poor cup not slightly interested in it. Yes it was a really bad performance but lets get behind the team the league is our MAIN OBJECTIVE this season lets get the 3 points and go on a winning run for weeks to come

C'mon the hibs

GGTTH
(13-10-2016, 16:17)hibeejim21 Wrote: He also played a superb pass through for the opening goal the other week.

I acknowledged that fact right after that match - a superb 'weighted' pass and a superb goal by James Keatings. However, I perceive there are two sides to this guy's game and I observed the worst side of it last Saturday and I wasn't the only Hibs fan in the East Stand who let him be aware of the criticism! He really was awful and even breached the basics of just controlling a ball and passing it properly. I've nowt against the player but he doesn't deserve to start in this upcoming match - gotta earn that right! Also will he last the season? We'll wait n see!
Don't mind who he plays and in whatever formation, as long as Rudi doesn't score and we get 3 points.

'mon Hibs,

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! Lets get the 3pts and pick up some momentum before the winter season arrives but play our on form players who should win this game in a canter anyway!

GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »