Thread Rating:
Hibs (and Rangers) finally served with the SFA's notice of complaint!
Confirmed this afternoon: The SFA have completed their investigations following the post match turmoil on the pitch at the end of the Scottish Cup final. No doubt, some form of punishment will be meted out by the SFA and, under rule 311, that will centre on the damage that was incurred on the pitch. There are three elements of damage that will apply to HFC and certain offending fans: 1.Damage to the East goal equipment 2. A section of turf was ripped up 3. Some electronic video display equipment on the pitch was inadvertently damaged by certain invading fans. Rule 311 is apparently the only one that can be applied by the SFA to these kinda offences in a Scottish Cup final.
ritchiebaby likes this post
both clubs to be fined 100k apparently.
Fair outcome think HFC would be happy at that outcome. Then have a collection at Easter Rd every fan puts in a fiver towards collection problem solved.
Yep hfcbounce! I intend to do that or just purchase more Hibs shares! I agree - one way or the other, the SFA penalty will be covered.
Seems eminently fair to me, but I wonder how the Ragers PR Dept are going to approach this one.   Whistle
Cabbage is still good for you
(30-08-2016, 23:23)ritchiebaby Wrote: Seems eminently fair to me, but I wonder how the Ragers PR Dept are going to approach this one.   Whistle

Since when did Rangers PR department "approach" any issue?? I am sure the 10-ton truck is primed and ready to roll right through everything!! Whistle
HerefordBull likes this post
(30-08-2016, 23:23)ritchiebaby Wrote: Seems eminently fair to me, but I wonder how the Ragers PR Dept are going to approach this one.   Whistle

Todays daily record and sun headlines should answer that one RB Laugh

Endless whining about "assaults" that don't appear in the charges but no recognition that neither did the sectarian song and smoke bombs from the rangers end appear either.

Traynor and his poodles are still running the ink with the Scottish sports media.
0762, ritchiebaby, hfcbounce like this post
And conveniently no mention of the significant number of public order arrests of fans who are associated with this Govan footie club. I gather that you can count the number of 'Hibs arrests' on one hand!! Rolleyes
ritchiebaby likes this post
They were only protecting their players who were taking one hell of a beating Doh .....they are certainly spewing on the gers forums.

I take it no action will be taken over flares and singing their sectarian cr*p ?
"FOREVER UNITED"
RANGERS’ Directors are shocked at the charges issued by the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer in the wake of the pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final last May.
It is alarming that the governance of Scottish football is so lacking that it is impossible for the Scottish FA to guarantee the safety of footballers at the country’s showpiece event. The SFA is either unwilling or is powerless when it comes to taking the appropriate punitive action against the offenders.
A number of Rangers players were assaulted by Hibernian supporters in broad daylight on the Hampden surface and a repeat of this must be avoided at all costs. That should have been the priority of the SFA. Yet, the governing body insists it is not within its remit to issue any charges let alone punishments for such violent and dangerous misconduct. Instead of player and supporter safety they have placed all their emphasis and importance on the monetary value of a set of goalposts, pieces of turf, and advertising boards.
Rangers Directors will take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response to redress our grievances but for the moment the board fully endorses the incredulity and anger of all Rangers supporters.

Its all in the report. They know this,yet they fully endorse 'the incredulity and anger' of their supporters.

Oh well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »