Thread Rating:
Scott McDonald
Heard we are trying to sign him on a free this week.
I saw him last year don't do it he's pish
He speaks highly of you to Fred.   Big Grin

Wouldn't be too disappointed.....experience for the younger players and still scores goals, especially I expect coming down a division, though I don't think we would be relying on him to be our main striker. If Cummings ( if he stays) , Keatings and him all chipped in with a few we would be OK.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Just telling you what I saw new have he was piss poor
Id take mcdonald, 18 goals from just over 50 appearances for motherwell,suggests he still has something about him.
(26-06-2016, 13:48)newhavenhibby Wrote: He speaks highly of you to Fred.   Big Grin

Wouldn't be too disappointed.....experience for the younger players and still scores goals, especially I expect coming down a division, though I don't think we would be relying on him to be our main striker. If Cummings ( if he stays) , Keatings and him all chipped in with a few we would be OK.

GGTTH

Yep! A combination of experience and good striking prowess in the Championship could be beneficial to us. Also my more recent impression of McDonald was that he needs to lose weight and that would ultimately improve his form as a player.
Think he would be worth a punt. Even offered a one year contract if his goals get us up he gets another years contract works for both sides that way.

GGTTH
Grant Holt, ex Norwich City, now 35, has been linked as Lennons first signing.........not sure.   Huh

We do not need him and McDonald.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Holt is a big,powerful player who has done the biz at a much higher level than our league. If he can stay fit (and he has had serious injury late in his career) he will do a job for us because he can both hold it up and head the ball. An option that was missing with farid last season.

Looks like lennon thinks we lack a bit of experience in the forward areas.
Agreed Jim.

Its his age and fitness I wonder about. I would take Holt or McDonald but not both. Their role would be identical.
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »